• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's the most you've ever spent on a disc?

3 years ago, I purchased a 9/10 Pink CE Eagle X (2nd-3rd run, still had flashing on it) for $50.
Best purchase ever! :)

$28 on a Konopiste Open CD3, that I lost 3 months after getting it. Haven't found anything that goes as far with the control I got from it, and the stock CD3s weren't the same. Maybe I should start looking for another when I get some $$$, unless someone wants to blindly go pond diving with me.

I spent about $90 on a near-mint flye-dyed CE TeeBird.
Not the early TL, but the later TeeBird "X".
Still have it, never threw it.
Keep thinking I ought to sell it and get at least some of my money back.

18 plus shipping for a Slippery ass Protin Ion.

Worst buy ever.

2nd was about 15 for Blizzards

Probably my Ash Evil Dead custom dye discs.. Envy and Tangent.. About 65 bucks US for both. Bought em off infinite and shipped them to buddy then Dye work and shipping to me was 18 a disc. Bought a Switch off eBay in for about 22 bucks which helped with the shipping and started it rolling. I've wanted that stuff for a while. The pic of my Envy is on my profile.

Worth every penny.. That's my best Envy by far and my main putter! Though I did snag a proton watermelon Proxy for 40 but dude threw in a Signal he didn't want..

Last edited:
$65 on a 2016 Sexton Firebird. Strictly as a collectors item, hopefully to resell for a profit down the road.

Think it was 32$ for a GD dancing bear dyed Servo. I still like it, and carry it, but at my weak arm speed, it's just a tool. Fades hard at a prdictable distance. Rarely gets used, but totally worth it when i need it!

Probably around $30 each, including shipping, for 3 of those Devan Owens Opto-X Sparkle Rivers from last year.

think these were $35 when they were released (and didn't move quickly). threw it for years and and sold it for $50. wish i had bought more, they are great flyers:

s-l640.jpg

I just splurged $25.00 on a Tournament DecoDye Warden, with the KISS makeup on cats. Logo says "PUSS," complete with lightning bolts, etc. It's very sharp-looking.
It's my putter of choice, but I actually decided to buy it before I even knew what the mold was. (Me and the band go way, way back...and I almost never buy new discs...) That $25 seems extravagant to me.

But here's the thing: I lost my original putter, an early 90's 2-Chain Aviar that I bought new at the time. That thing was so great, and a part of my history in the game. Then one night when we were wrapping up at Winget, I simply didn't secure it in the bag, or something, because next time I reached for it, it was gone. I *almost* cried.
Anyway, every now and then, I'll look on Amazon or eBay, and see 2-Chain Aviars selling for north of $50 bucks. And I am sorely tempted by them. If I ever see mine on there, I'll know it, and I'll buy it. Then I'll trace the seller and go all the way until I find whoever it was that didn't call me when they came across it out there.

It had to be one of two types of golfer - someone who had no idea what it was, but felt lucky to find a free disc;or someone who knew exactly what it was, and elected to keep it him- or herself.
I can forgive the first type.

Purchased 2 blue Pro Rhynos for $50 apiece one year with part of my tax refund. Lost one, traded the other.

$225 for a gold Roc with around 25 autographs of well known pros at an Ice Bowl auction around 10 years ago. Probably more than it was worth, but it was for a good cause.

Latest posts