• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] what's your favorite putter?

For approach an opto pure for easy glide on all angles or a ridge for more stability & predictability from the lack of glide. For inside 50 ft the magic. It is the most comfortable in my putting grip and is very point and shoot. And the velvety sss plastic:thmbup:

SS Wizards. I have a weird putting style where I putt nose up with my index finger on the rim. I have tried quite a few other putters but none work with my style like the wizard.

I carry four putters in my bag & they're all KC Aviars. I have two for putting & two for driving/approaches. I have one for all my putting needs. I believe in using the same putter in all wind & weather conditions. Changing your putter depending on the situation just causes you to be less consistent & shows you don't trust yourself/your putter. Even if you carry multiples of the same mold but switch discs depending on the situation its bad in my opinion. My second putting KC Aviar is only for practice putting before rounds. I carry one (Beat) KC Aviar & one (New) KC Aviar for my driving/approach shots. My beat up KC holds any angle I throw it on & is dead straight when I throw it flat. My fresh KC is more over stable than my beat up one. I use it in windy situations & when I need some fade at the end of my shot. After awhile when one of my driving Aviars gets to under stable I just throw another one in my bag & take the flippy one out (thats why you buy stacks of the discs you like :)).

Proton Ion is the go to under 200ft. An Anode will come out for particular anhy shots. For strong wind, the Envy is my newest friend.

dx aviar. one in the bag for putting. one for upshots and short turn overs.

also keep 2 kcp aviars in the bag for same purpose, but they hold up better in the wind

I have a huge stack of wizaroonies

erasers

e 25's

ss

S

I love wizards..especially when they're puddle topped... mhhhmm :eek:....

but I've switched to flat top rhynos

rhynos give me confidence.

the best mold is the one that gives you confidence.

I forgot to add why I like KC Aviars :doh: I like KC Aviars because I prefer beaded putters. The KC has a big bead. I also prefer the KC Aviar over Innovas other big bead Aviars because of the KC Pro plastic. I don't like putting with Star/ESP or Champion/Z plastic type putters. I prefer a harder/stiffer putter in base plastic. I believe that harder/stiffer plastic putters come out of the hand cleaner & more consistently than soft/flexible putters. Also for me beaded putters come out of my hand cleaner & more consistently than beadless. I was a "spin putter" for many years until last summer when I switched to "push putting".Since becoming a "push putter" my putting has improved drastically & I've shaved quite a few strokes off my scores. I buy into Feldbergs putting philosophy & I've based my putting style off of his.

I've found the comparison of how the stiffness & grip of putters affect how they bounce off the pole, spin off the chains ect very interesting. This thread supports some of my thoughts on putters.
Link to thread
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/dgr/forums/viewtopic.php?p=260466&sid=99812c9e41b98871979a476fb7f68926#p260466

I carry four putters in my bag & they're all KC Aviars. I have two for putting & two for driving/approaches. I have one for all my putting needs. I believe in using the same putter in all wind & weather conditions. Changing your putter depending on the situation just causes you to be less consistent & shows you don't trust yourself/your putter. Even if you carry multiples of the same mold but switch discs depending on the situation its bad in my opinion. My second putting KC Aviar is only for practice putting before rounds. I carry one (Beat) KC Aviar & one (New) KC Aviar for my driving/approach shots. My beat up KC holds any angle I throw it on & is dead straight when I throw it flat. My fresh KC is more over stable than my beat up one. I use it in windy situations & when I need some fade at the end of my shot. After awhile when one of my driving Aviars gets to under stable I just throw another one in my bag & take the flippy one out (thats why you buy stacks of the discs you like :)).

Oh prerube...this is the second thread this week in which I've lamented your loss on these forums.

But I'll bite.

I always carry two big bead aviars for putting, generally a glow KC (for stiffness) and a JK (for hit and stick and risky putts). I'm really digging the new Champ Polecats for upshots at the moment. I carry two Envys, one proton, one neutron, for driving.

SS Omega. Love the feel. Thinking about using the Sirus Omega for driving.

Blowfly II
Sometimes a DX Buzzz
For a while I was really into the R-Pro Dart, and I've been pulling that out and using it some lately, too.

I have a huge stack of wizaroonies

erasers

e 25's

ss

S

I love wizards..especially when they're puddle topped... mhhhmm :eek:....

but I've switched to flat top rhynos

rhynos give me confidence.

the best mold is the one that gives you confidence.

I love wizards too. If I were to play a putter round I'd take my S wizard for sure.

I have however also switched over to flat top rhynos. I dig the stability, the lack of glide, the shallow rim AND the thumbtrak. :thmbup:

I haven't tried a lot of plastics but I'm beating in my DX and my flat champ is a reliable performer.

APX... simply because I hit more putts with it.

Latest posts