• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Whats your longest driver ?

ESDS marked Echo Star Destroyer, good and seasoned down to 6 or 7/10. Throwing with a 20-25 mph tailwind I skipped one off a track surface and picked it up about 565 feet from where I threw it. Far and away the longest throw I've ever had.

that sound like the most fliptastic flippy disc ever

Did I mention its 150 weight also?

I think I have a serious problem with wrist roll over believe it or not, and the problem with relying on flipping everything is; for some discs, sometimes you are on and it flattens out and does what its supposed to; other times you are off and its way off.

right now it's a 170ish champ beast, but can't even remember the last time I threw without a wind, or on level ground. I'd really like to throw without a crosswind, head wind, tail wind..

Did I mention its 150 weight also?

... the problem with relying on flipping everything is; for some discs, sometimes you are on and it flattens out and does what its supposed to; other times you are off and its way off.

I FEEL YOUR PAIN... been there, done that. I like light and flippy, but they can be unpredictably squirrely buggers, and when they get away from you, they can really get away.

FORE!!!!

I FEEL YOUR PAIN... been there, done that. I like light and flippy, but they can be unpredictably squirrely buggers, and when they get away from you, they can really get away.

FORE!!!!

Yeah. Im trying to fix it. I think I need to disc up in a way. Not because I think Im ready for the distance; but my thought is if I have opposite of what people get that throw discs to fast for them get, maybe I need to do what discing down does for them. :p

Yeah. Im trying to fix it. I think I need to disc up in a way. Not because I think Im ready for the distance; but my thought is if I have opposite of what people get that throw discs to fast for them get, maybe I need to do what discing down does for them. :p

Worth a try...

domey pro, champ or star wraiths. I can get valks out a little farther though, but I often end up turning them over when I go for distance

Wide open hole, level, no wind,

Here in Las Vegas NV it's been windy (today 20-30mph) most of the time! I got a really killer drive with my Star Vulcan into a cornering headwind today! I still get a little more distance with the Vulcan if i throw it good, a little S-shot with no wind. Other than that its the 150gm Champion Leopard in my bag.."best all around driver, IMHO".

Backhand - 172 ESP Nuke or 169 Star Katana ... hit 450' with them both a couple of times, but consistently they'll go 400' or so (usually go with the Nuke ... but it's getting beat in to the point where I might have to switch over to the Katana or buy a new Nuke)

Vip king and an opto flow. Was almost getting them out to 500' on the long holeS in a tournament today.

It's pretty close between my beat-to-hell 175 Pro Wraith and 171 Star SL. It depends on the wind which one I throw (SL is more overstable). I am actually throwing my Champ Starfire really far right now with a flex (all RHBH).

If I am throwing FH, my FL goes as far as anything, but that isn't saying a whole lot (only 275'ish).

my green tie dye CH valk which i found, which I don't actually use in my bag. If I ever used it, i'd lose it immediatley because it blends in so much with the grass and dirt.

I have really been bombing my 167 bottom stamped star destroyer. i think i'm going to look for a slightly heavier for flex shots.
I am surprised more people haven't said star or pro destroyer.

Latest posts