• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

When a noob won't listen....

So I just refuse to play with anyone new, unless they are a very close friend. I just don't have the patience any more. The last time I did play with a fresh noob was the beginning of this season. I met a friend at the course and he brought 2 of his friends that I really don't know that well. After 4 holes I made an excuse that I got a text and had to leave. I hate to sound crass or inpatient, but I disc to forget about all the bs that I endure all day and I need to keep a certain pace to enjoy myself. If its one of my close friends I have all the patience in the world and they usually listen to advice and have a great time. I just don't have the strength to make it work for a stranger. I would help someone if they asked for help though, but I've had really horrible experiences with fresh noobs that think they know it all.

Biz
Team Bert

Awww, don't be like that. Situations like that you just take out the putter and mid and just whip them like you are the King of TDDs. :D

Speaking about noobs teaching noobs. I was playing single today. There was a guy behind me that eventually caught up to me, he was carrying a Champ Beast, DX Wolf, and DX Aviar just in his hands. I was going to let him play through since I don't like rushing myself to stay well ahead of somebody, especially when I'm out alone on "practice rounds" where I'll usually throw several discs per shot.

He comes up to the teebox where I'm sitting on the bench and asked was I waiting on him. I said yeah, I was gonna let him play on through. He replied back "are you sure? cause I was watching you trying to pick up on your form and shot ideas". :D I thought he was being sarcastic or something at first, then I saw him throw his tee shot and realized he was probably telling the truth.

here you go.....
a group of us went to play a course in another town yesterday with some local friends.
we found out upon arriving that they play random doubles on sundays.
not five minutes before we flip discs for partners a carload of college guys show up to play.

just so happens after the dust settles that my doubles partner is a young man from venezuela,here on a soccer scholarship and THIS IS HIS FIRST TIME PLAYING DISC GOLF:clap:.
has never thown a disc in his life.:doh:

but you know what? i had a great time,he had a great time,and after the first 17 1/2 he finally had two really decent shots.:hfive:
two things made all the difference:
give them just enough information to play,don't bog them down with details.
AND....give them a REALLY light disc (young man played with a 150 leopard and a 135 wizard). he was throwing flatter and straighter at the end and was so proud and happy with himself that he could hardly wait for the second round to start.:thmbup:

just lettem' play.
lettem' have fun.
they'll figure it out.

001-3.jpg
speeking of nOObs heres a pic of me from boot camp in 1981. just before i pick up my first disc in 83. what a nerd,,,,,

Last edited:

Latest posts