• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where are you going in 2023?

I did end up with a DGCR member visiting! Hope to see more of you all next cruise season!

I can strongly recommend R-Ogre's tour guide services. Thanks again!

Back home after playing 7 courses in Alaska and 2 in British Colombia, bringing me up to 49 states and 2 countries.

Non-disc golf benefits included majestic scenery, breaching humpback whales, ridiculously sunny weather, visiting friends and family, great seafood, reindeer tacos, and (strangest of all) randomly running into my cousin on the boat.

Main disappointment was playing less than half of Kincaid Park before a rather large bull moose ended our round. :cautious:

I did end up with a DGCR member visiting! Hope to see more of you all next cruise season!
I would definitely be down to work out a trip specifically for a week of AK DG for Summer 2024 if you'd be into a bit more than a day or two of guiding. That state is one of those bucket list places I feel like movies and pictures will never encapsulate. Looked up flight costs and wow, it's the same price to fly to Juneau as it is to Pittsburgh from Tampa.

I'll be headed to Louisiana for a weekend, plan to hit up one course for sure, maybe 2. Then 2 days later I'm going to Utah, the Ogden area. I will be hitting up The Fort for sure. Can't wait to play that course. But I also plan on bagging 12-14 other courses in the area. Next month I'm going to Nebraska :cautious: but will be able to play there and knock Iowa off my bucket list too. So I should be adding 4 more states and about 20 more courses to my list!

ill slightly echo and say alaska is the most beautiful place ive been to and the only place so far that ive missed (i did fairbanks and healy/denali)

if you get the chance id highly recommend taking it

ill slightly echo and say alaska is the most beautiful place ive been to and the only place so far that ive missed (i did fairbanks and healy/denali)

if you get the chance id highly recommend taking it
This! This! This!

Also, as PieMethod alluded to it's not really that expensive or difficult to get to. At least the main cities like Anchorage, Fairbanks, and Juneau.

I'm definitely planning on returning within the next few years.

This! This! This!

Also, as PieMethod alluded to it's not really that expensive or difficult to get to. At least the main cities like Anchorage, Fairbanks, and Juneau.

I'm definitely planning on returning within the next few years.
same here

going to anchorage next hopefully august 2024

Main disappointment was playing less than half of Kincaid Park before a rather large bull moose ended our round. :cautious:

Booo Rocky has to do a better job keeping track of Bullwinkle.

https%3A%2F%2Ftf-cmsv2-smithsonianmag-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Ffiler%2F2f%2Fc5%2F2fc5b089-3ebb-4ed9-8cbd-c49bf399e9b5%2Fbullwinkle_the_moose-wr.jpg

I can strongly recommend R-Ogre's tour guide services. Thanks again!

Back home after playing 7 courses in Alaska and 2 in British Colombia, bringing me up to 49 states and 2 countries.

Non-disc golf benefits included majestic scenery, breaching humpback whales, ridiculously sunny weather, visiting friends and family, great seafood, reindeer tacos, and (strangest of all) randomly running into my cousin on the boat.

When I was a kid, we were on a float trip near Yellowstone and a moose cow with calf crossed about 100 yards in front of our rafts. The guides looked scared, which really drove home that all the warnings about moose encounters are no joke. Thankfully it was a very slow moving section and they crossed without us getting too close.

When I was a kid, we were on a float trip near Yellowstone and a moose cow with calf crossed about 100 yards in front of our rafts. The guides looked scared, which really drove home that all the warnings about moose encounters are no joke. Thankfully it was a very slow moving section and they crossed without us getting too close.

Yes we also drove by a mama moose and two calves that were just about to cross the highway at dusk. Spousal unit spotted them and said "accelerate" 'cuz we were too close to stop.

Drove home that moose can be dangerous in different ways. 😬

How close did the moose get? I saw one when I played there too. About 100' away, just sitting and munching some grass. Fortunately, it was on a path between holes and there was another way around.

How close did the moose get? I saw one when I played there too. About 100' away, just sitting and munching some grass. Fortunately, it was on a path between holes and there was another way around.

We rounded a corner and spotted the moose maybe 30-40 yards away. The moose turned to face us and took a few steps in our direction. Dunno if he was responding to proximity, our umbrellas, or the fact that I just had a disc kick off a tree in his direction. Anyway, he did not look like a happy moose.

Niece who lives in Anchorage and is an experienced hiker suggested giving the moose a wide berth. Unfortunately he was standing at a choke point (holes 6 or 7, maybe?) so we could not figure out a good way to continue playing.

The funny thing is that we kept trying to warn joggers about the moose and their attitude was "Eh, whatever." 🤣

We rounded a corner and spotted the moose maybe 30-40 yards away. The moose turned to face us and took a few steps in our direction. Dunno if he was responding to proximity, our umbrellas, or the fact that I just had a disc kick off a tree in his direction. Anyway, he did not look like a happy moose.

Niece who lives in Anchorage and is an experienced hiker suggested giving the moose a wide berth. Unfortunately he was standing at a choke point (holes 6 or 7, maybe?) so we could not figure out a good way to continue playing.

The funny thing is that we kept trying to warn joggers about the moose and their attitude was "Eh, whatever." 🤣
Yikes! Yeah I definitely would have done the same. The one I saw was sitting down and never made a move towards me.

Starting to iron out my October drive to see my folks in eastern PA. Will have time for one round per day on the drive up. The plan is to go from Fort Lauderdale to Rocky Mount, NC and stopping at Tom Triplett in Savannah. The drive will be finished Friday, leaving Rocky Mount and heading to Allentown. I'm really wanting to hit Faylor Lake, which is an hour from Harrisburg but well out of my way. The other option is Muddy Run, which is a lot closer to the travel route as it is south of Lancaster. Anybody here play both? I've seen Faylor on film twice, but never Muddy Run.

Latest posts