• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where are you headed in your disc golf journey?

I salute the ambitious here. My goal is merely to slow the decline.

2013, played the most tournaments in my almost-20 years.

2014, went for quality over quantity.

2015, not quite sure.

your an inspiration to us all

Wait til I win an event, then you can say that. I've saved up money for the past 3 years for this so now is the time. I'm only leaving a $60,000 per year job and I know I can get another job pretty easily if disc golf doesn't pan out. :wall:

In the near future I want to rehab my foot and learn to throw again on a weak foot. This will cause me to revert back to the basics in both form and mindset, with a focus on fun rather than competitiveness. A wise man once said "He who has the most fun, wins"

And I'd like to carve out 9 more holes on Bald Eagle by 2016, for a full 18 holes r/w/b tees.

And get my foot in the door somewhere locally to get a course built.

In the near future I want to rehab my foot and learn to throw again on a weak foot. This will cause me to revert back to the basics in both form and mindset, with a focus on fun rather than competitiveness. A wise man once said "He who has the most fun, wins"

And I'd like to carve out 9 more holes on Bald Eagle by 2016, for a full 18 holes r/w/b tees.

And get my foot in the door somewhere locally to get a course built.

I also want to play Bald Eagle and will make it a priority next year Matt.

I spent the last year trying to "treat disc golf more like a sport." I re-did my form, re-upped my PDGA, played in more sanctioned events, put in the time practicing putting(even bought a basket), and replaced a lot of my casual round time with fieldwork sessions (video and all). And guess what? I still suck. I started to feel burnt out. By early fall, field work and "training" felt like a chore and when starting a new job and other responsibilities caused me not to be able to play for a month, it really didn't bother me much.

In 2015, disc golf is going to simply become my hobby again. I have stopped going to the field over the last month or so (since I've been able to find time to go back out) and have just went out to a local course for casual rounds... Which, for me personally, is a lot more rewarding after a day at work. I have actually gotten at least a 9 hole casual round in for six days in a row and I've had a fun, relaxing time during each round. I think when I have time to disc, I am just gonna go disc.

I'm going to attempt to make it to more club league nights. I am not renewing my PDGA, because the unsanctioned events around here are more fun and cheaper and I don't need to be playing a tournament every week or so anyways. I am going to keep up my putting practice, because I like it and I like making putts on the course... But my basket is also going to go on a lot more safari expeditions. I am done chasing a rating (which I may never achieve). Instead, I'll chase the high of that one great shot soaring through the air. I am going to get back to the stuff that made me fall in love with the game in the first place.

So yeah, y'know, fun and stuff.

OK, I'll play...

I want to continue having fun, because "He who has the most fun, wins". But along the way in 2015, it would be nice to shave four to five strokes off per tourney round by adding 30-50' on my meager drives, and focus on better 'get out of trouble' shots (playing smart(er)). And putt even more consistently.

Hopefully this will result in an Olympic medal in July (you heard me right: National Senior Games demonstration sport for the 2nd time), and a finish in the top half of my first (and last) Am Worlds (I play grandmaster), before figuring out how to cash in some Open Grandmaster events from August onward.

...well, one can dream, right? :p

Jeff, we just need to lose 50-80 lbs, and I think our skill level would rise plenty. Hmm maybe a bet.....?

Where are you headed in your disc golf journey?

"Same place you are, Jeremiah: hell, in the end."

But before I get there maybe I'll play in my 1st tournament.

Jeff, we just need to lose 50-80 lbs, and I think our skill level would rise plenty. Hmm maybe a bet.....?

That is my goal for the winter (not 50, but 20). Dropped ~35 since starting playing this spring and want to carry the momentum in the spring.

Also, my goals for year 2:

- Putting practice for the winter (35' of space in my basement) to extend my comfort zone.
- I managed 5 tournies this year and had a slow start, I want to hit at least 10 this season.
- I want to break 900 (from 863 now)
- I want to add (a consistent) 50' to my BH and 25' to my FH drives.
- I want to get to 50 courses played (33 now)
- I want to get to 500 rounds played (234 now)

Words of wisdom, my friend...

Not much of a betting guy, but tell you what, let's figure out some kind of fun reward for BOTH dropping the first 50, and we'll go from there. But since enjoying a beer or splurging on ice cream would be counterproductive, I'll have to give it some thought. Obviously, the improved vitality will definitely be worth the effort. And I'll bet both of us were more athletic when we were lighter, so we know how it's going to improve our games. :hfive:

I plan to actually start practicing my putting...because as good as I can sometimes throw the disc, my scores are not showing it because of a lot of missed opportunities.

My PDGA membership expired at the beginning of 2013. I just renewed it so that's already done for 2015.

I haven't played in a tournament (other than an Ace Race) since 2011. I want to play in a couple this year.

I want to add Delaware to my states played list. I don't know of any other states that I haven't played that I'll be close to, so just hoping to add one state played.

I want to spectate at the Worlds since they're relatively close, in Pittsburgh.

I want to add at least 7 more courses to stay on pace to hit 100 courses played by the time I turn 50.

I'm hoping that my daughter, and my wife especially, will play more dg with me.

I have some general maintenance including tee improvements, dead tree and stump removal, etc. to take care of on Knobley Mt. DGC.

And, finally, I want to have some sort of plan in place for getting a course installed in the Cumberland, MD area. There are a couple possibilities in the works right now and I'm looking forward to following through on those options.

Oh, and improving my putting would be nice, too (along with the rest of my game).

I'm going to try actually playing a full 18. Small steps, only played a 9 last year, nothing the year before that. My son will be 2 next year, and hopefully he'll like running around and stay near me while I throw.

I also want to play Bald Eagle and will make it a priority next year Matt.

Love to have ya out here Bee, Let me know when you can make it - I'll be doing some kind of spring event - otherwise spring or fall or winter works best, we're pretty busy in the summer. Right now is perfect, no snow and the indoor putting course is set up.

My 2015 goal is to...

-Break 500ft on flat ground
-Win 2-3 Adv touneys
-Cash in one Pro event
-Play one tournament out of Arkansas
-Get my rating above 960

That's alot. Maybe I should scale it back, but it's definitely do able, just gotta put in the time.

Love to have ya out here Bee, Let me know when you can make it - I'll be doing some kind of spring event - otherwise spring or fall or winter works best, we're pretty busy in the summer. Right now is perfect, no snow and the indoor putting course is set up.

Matt,
Not until next year when I don't have a job. I'll definitely stop by when I am close. It might be either after Tower Ridge or MN Majestic.

Being new to the sport I just want to become part of the community. Find a group that plays a lot and play with them. Hopefully play in a couple tourneys/small things like ace races. Hopefully join a league as well, maybe BRP. Most of all just get better. Add 50 to BH and FH and increase 100% putting range to 20 feet. I also need to find molds I enjoy as I'm flying through my money trying out and then reselling discs

trying to get better and work on my self-imposed physical therapy (read: stretching, deadlifts and core work) to improve my posture, balance my muscles and make me more flexible so i can plant and drive properly. hitting over 400 on demand is nice but it's not going to get me known around here.

i don't want to be a touring pro, but i'd like to be good enough to consider myself good enough. and i'd also like to have fun like i have been. but lately it's been less fun since as i play less during winter i get worse.

Latest posts