• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where is Simon going.? The definitive poll.

Simon Lizotte destination sponsor

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In my dream world he goes to innova and they release all the old discmania molds as a Simon line.

IMO it would spoil Simon's character to go to Innova to throw the same discs he already had. That's not fresh, it's the same old, same old. I'd like to see him open bag throwing new discs he loves in every slot. That won't happen.

I think Simon tries to start his own airline company. They'll make planes that are shaped like discs, and a giant model of Simon to launch them. If you can throw discs as far as he can, it makes a lot more financial sense to start your own airline company than it does to switch DG sponsors.

Q: Where is Simon going?

A: Christchurch, New Zealand to play in theThe Discmania Garden City Open 2023, New Zealand South Island Disc Golf Championships - Supported by NZDSS

https://www.pdga.com/tour/event/63057

I just hope wherever he landed, he's happy, because happy Simon is fun to watch. From what I've seen, I think I like Simon the person as much as Simon the disc golfer. Admittedly, we see what he wants us to see, but he dies seem genuine, sincere, and rather honest.

Last edited:
I think Simon tries to start his own airline company. They'll make planes that are shaped like discs, and a giant model of Simon to launch them. If you can throw discs as far as he can, it makes a lot more financial sense to start your own airline company than it does to switch DG sponsors.

This. Simon can be his own sponsor. Lizotte Airlines is a fine name for a disc company.

Q: Where is Simon going?

A: Christchurch, New Zealand to play in theThe Discmania Garden City Open 2023, New Zealand South Island Disc Golf Championships - Supported by NZDSS

https://www.pdga.com/tour/event/63057

I just hope wherever he landed, he's happy, because happy Simon is fun to watch. From what I've seen, I think I like Simon the person as much as Simon the disc golfer. Admittedly, we see what he wants us to see, but he dies seem genuine, sincere, and rather honest.

RPM discs

IMO it would spoil Simon's character to go to Innova to throw the same discs he already had. That's not fresh, it's the same old, same old. I'd like to see him open bag throwing new discs he loves in every slot. That won't happen.
His character was kind of easily identified in any of his last sponsored by discmania video's where he plainly admitted he didn't know any of the new discs in the line up, and his really being stoked on things he's always always always thrown, like the P2.
Innova has all the molds he likes, and still throws, and it also has the market leverage across the board to sell the absolute _____ out of them. He's got at least three signature discs in that would make a starter pack.

His character was kind of easily identified in any of his last sponsored by discmania video's where he plainly admitted he didn't know any of the new discs in the line up, and his really being stoked on things he's always always always thrown, like the P2.
Innova has all the molds he likes, and still throws, and it also has the market leverage across the board to sell the absolute _____ out of them. He's got at least three signature discs in that would make a starter pack.

There hasn't been much exciting to come out of the Evolution line and people aren't going to collect the Active line.

Simon is or was a Discmania originals guy almost all the way... then they made him the Tilt.. ha.

Technically Vibram is European company. The USA side does its own thing, but the mothership is Italian.

That could be some nice synergy there.

A total reboot and rebuild the brand. And the HQ is local to him.

Vibram is my Dark Horse for Simon now!

Vibram's US base does appear to be in MA.

Interesting how many of his initial choices for putters and mids match mine.

But also entertaining to see discs that are too stable/OS for me, such as the Volt, be his understable drivers.

Might have something to do with Simon throwing twice as far. :rolleyes:

MVP doesn't have a true PD replacement.

I imagine Simon's seasoned CPD flew like a PPD for us mortals. Hopefully they can recreate that magical disc.

I would love to see MVP/Axiom make a seasoned S-PD replacement, preferably in 150-gram weights. :D

Down to my last two 150s S-PDs so I'm afraid to throw them in anything other than an open field course.