• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where should there be a course?

mndiscg

Eagle Member
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Is there an area near you that really should have a disc golf course but doesn't? I would really like to see one at Vedawoo Rec area in the Medicine Bow National forest. It would have stream, giant rock formations, elevation, pine forests without too nasty of underbrush, rocks for natural tee pads.

Another place I would like to see a course (not near me) is in the Olympic National Forest in Western Washington.

Is there any place you really would like to see a disc golf course?

Another question: both places I listed are National Forests, are there any courses in National Forests that you know of?

There actually is a primitive course in Vedauwoo. I read an article about it in a Gillette newspaper. The people who showed the author the course refused to release directions. It was a very useless article.

There should be a course in Pine River Park in Alma, MI. One of my friends and I talked to the administration at Alma College and they seemed willing to fund a course. We tried to talk to both the mayor and the city council about it and they pretty much just ignore us, they don't return phone calls or emails.

The east side of Rochester, NY desperately needs another course. Ellison is phenomenal, but ridiculously crowded during peak hours.

There actually is a primitive course in Vedauwoo. I read an article about it in a Gillette newspaper. The people who showed the author the course refused to release directions. It was a very useless article.

At the local disc/outdoor shop there is a series of pictures of people playing disc golf on an object course that looks like it could be Vedawoo. I think I'm going to bring my bag in there and make my own course sometime.

On park property where I work (right across from my office) at Oconee Veteran's Park in Watkinsville, GA.
Myself and another guy submitted a proposal, complete w/ overlays and topo maps.
The BOC is shuffling their feet "due to the economy" :wall:

I get the impression that I shouldn't ask @ the course anymore...I keep getting alot of lame/nonanswers :\

Kenneth Hahn State Recreational Area in Culver City, CA. Not because it's particularly scenic or well suited for a course, but because it's the only open parkland in all of west LA... where there are no disc golf courses in a population area of something like 500-750K people.

Twin Lakes State Park in Va. I live near here and it is about an hour to hour and a half to the nearest dg park. They have plenty of land for an awesome wooded course.

Columbus IN

My parents live there and I wish there was a course to play when I went home.
Seems strange that there isn't a course because it is a nice town with parks and a large enough community to support discgolf

Yeah the "my backyard" answer was exactly what I was thinking. I used to think that a wooded field in Federal Way needed one until I found out that the church across the street had installed one. It's kind of a joke, but it's still a course.

Mars. Should totally put in a proposal with SpaceX or NASA to make this happen. Wonder what the cost would be for a round...

This got me thinking. If NASA put a disc golf course on the moon, would the gravity be high enough? I'm not a scientist or anything, but I was wondering if a human could throw a disc hard enough for it to break orbit and leave the moon's gravitational pull. Also, if the gravity was high enough, how far could one throw a disc on the moon? Then of course, there's the issue of there being no air to give the disc lift. So would it essentially be the same as throwing a rock on the moon? These are the things NASA needs to be researching! Important questions.

This got me thinking. If NASA put a disc golf course on the moon, would the gravity be high enough? I'm not a scientist or anything, but I was wondering if a human could throw a disc hard enough for it to break orbit and leave the moon's gravitational pull. Also, if the gravity was high enough, how far could one throw a disc on the moon? Then of course, there's the issue of there being no air to give the disc lift. So would it essentially be the same as throwing a rock on the moon? These are the things NASA needs to be researching! Important questions.

The bold part, I'm glad you got to that, because the gravity part is easy enough to figure out.

Latest posts