• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

which backpack bag is best

Choose my backpack bag!

• Hyzerbomb Flak

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Grip large tour bag

Votes: 75 48.1%
  • prodiscus bag

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • something else you recomend

Votes: 55 35.3%

• Total voters

freakinwizzz

Eagle Member
i've finally saved up almost enough to get a backpack bag. I'm thinkin hyzerbomb flak but a lot of em look nice and are not that much more. what do you guys say? only thing i have against the prodiscus bag is the guy won't answer any of my emails or PMs and its gonna take a long time to get here.

Last edited:
I was going to get a gorilla boy simian, then I tried on a grip eq at dynamic disc store. I bought it on the spot. It's great comfort and support, but I'm a noobie so I'll let others give their opinions instead.

ive tried on a revo dual, and a grip. the grip was far more comfy. cant wait for november, its going to be an anniversary gift :D

I have a Gateway Ozark and it's solid. Not all the bells and whistles but a quality bag.

The mystery ranch is a great bag. I loved it before then took it on a four day , ten course trip through hills of pittsburgh and west Virginia will never give it up.Comfortable , enough space for whatever you want to bring including rain gear, and a layer of durability not seen in the competition.

I've only tried the Grip and the Flak. In my eyes the Grip wins hands down between the 2. I thought the Flak was extremely uncomfortable compared to the Grip. I bought a used Grip for $100 with sole intentions of flipping it for a profit, until I tried it for a round. Extremely comfortable and holds everything that I need. Definitely won't be selling it now lol.

Mahal. Best padding on shoulders and back which gives awesome support. The yoke system which conforms to your back making this hands down the most comfortable bag. Enough storage to hold anything you could possibly need plus the option to collapse the side compartments for a more compact look. I keep looking at a grip but know while it looks more stylish, it's not as comfortable and the discs won't be as easy to get out as the mahal.

ive tried on a revo dual, and a grip. the grip was far more comfy. cant wait for november, its going to be an anniversary gift :D

I have used both the Revo dual pack and the Grip Eq for extended periods of time. Grip is the way to go from my experience. Just over a year now with the Grip and it is still in excellent condition, just like the day it arrived as "lightly used" from another DGCR member. A recent pic from Brian Head DGC in Utah is attached.

Having said all of that, I am intrigued by the Mahal. However, I would not spend that kind of money without giving it a short test drive or at least trying one on.

Attachments

• Brian Head Grip Pic.jpg
    Brian Head Grip Pic.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 97
i've finally saved up almost enough to get a backpack bag. I'm thinkin hyzerbomb flak but a lot of em look nice and are not that much more. what do you guys say? only thing i have against the prodiscus bag is the guy won't answer any of my emails or PMs and its gonna take a long time to get here.

Just an observation about your poll here:

You're going to get more people saying the grip is better, simply because so many more people own it when compared to the others.

I've been playing long enough to have used the round Wall City bags. I've got back problems and I'm better thanks to surgery but I still deal with some pain. I've got a little boy so I can't use a cart but will some times hang a small bag off the back of his stroller.

I have a Revo Carolina with Phoenix quads. Very painful (for me) to carry it but it makes a great cart bag.

I've borrowed my wife's Grip bag for a few round and I think it is fantastic.

The latest run of Flaks look like a huge step up from the first runs. I haven't worn one or used one for a round but I'm considering one to replace my Revo. If the Flak is on par with the Grip as far as comfort and support the Flak will be my choice because I think I can put my Cannon 60D in the top compartment.

I also heard a rumor of someone else entering the bag race. Problem it, I would like a bag soon and it seems like nothing good comes from having the first run of a Bag, Both Grip and HyzerBomb have made improvements from the first run to what they have now.

mystery ranch golf mahaul. best bag made. I have back and shoulder issues and they have all but vanished since getting this bag.

I have heard that Voodoo is working on a backpack bag, which I will probably get when the time comes. I am more than happy with my Karma and if the quality of that is any indicator, their backpack will be killer.

I voted Grip, but that's just preference. I know a couple local players who use a Golf Mahal. The most recent versions are very quality bags. I won't argue that. It's just WAY too much bag for me.

So I will say it depends on what you carry regularly and what you're looking for. I only carry 14-16 discs and the storage on the Grip is plenty for me. If you carry a lot of stuff, look into the Mahal. The worst thing you could do is buy a Grip because the majority says it's the best and realize you need more.

It also depends on what options you like. The Flak comes with more color options at a lower price point than the Grip, and they recently updated it with bottom feet and an internal frame. You can't really go wrong with either...

I have a Gateway Ozark and it's solid. Not all the bells and whistles but a quality bag.

Best backpack for the $ in my opinion.. Got mine for $80 from my local dg shop and its perfect for carrying everything and the kitchen sink during a round. Plus it's surprising comfortable for how much weight I have packed in mine :thmbup:

Latest posts