• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who actually won or placed in a ACE RACE!

dkoz

Eagle Member
Did my 1st Ace Race last year.....1-metal but wasnt good enough for anything......the guys who won..1st -1 ace.....2nd and 3rd - 2 metals. Last year all the holes I would say around 170-220

I won the Whitewater, WI ace race. They scored on points instead of just aces (ace = 2 points; metal hit= 1 point), so I had three metal hits tied with another guy who had three metal hits and tied with a guy who had an ace and a metal hit.

On the playoff, it was CTP unless you hit metal. The metal hit trumped CTP unless it was an ace. I threw first and skipped the disc off the top of the basket. The other two put it within 15 feet (and closer than mine), but I won because of the metal hit.

They also broke up the prize and let me choose three discs. I declined the bag and let someone else have it.

I took that experience to hold my own Ace Race. The Whitewater Ace Race had 14 participants. I get the word out for the Watertown, WI Ace Race and had 48 participants. I also had a scoring system becasue I liked that aspect, but I put more emphasis on aces (ace= 3 points; metal hit= 1 point).

The guy who won got the entire bag and discs, but I also paid one disc out to each place (5th=Pro D; 4th=Elite-X; 3rd=Elite-Z; 2nd=ESP) that was donated by our club. I also raffled off 12 of my own discs to the players who didn't place.

The odd thing is, I didn't even play in my own Ace Race as I was too busy taking care of other things. Maybe I will participate in my own this year, but if I win, I think I will have a playoff for the bag and discs (I would feel bad for taking the top prize for an event I run).

I won the Watertown one mentioned above. 2 aces and 3 metal hits if I remember correctly. Had to win in a playoff. I didn't expect to get anything near what I did for winning.

I won an unofficial ace race last year at my local course. Ace was on a temp hole. Worth a sweet $96!!

My buddy ATL Scott won last year and got da bone big time.

FTFY ;)

They basically just split the prize up without telling anyone. Several people got to pick discs out of the prize pack before I got it. The rest of it went to last year's secret santa anyway! And it's ok cause I raked in from my group after we put a cash bounty on an ace and got it on the next hole. :thmbup: Thanks for the payout bill! (and christy)

TD's who can't follow the rules should be fired!

Q: I want to create separate divisions. Can I break up the Grand Prize between them?

A: No. You may create separate divisions if you like (some events like to create a junior's and/or a women's division), but the Grand Prize must be awarded to your top division, and cannot be broken up. If you make separate divisions, you must generate prizes for additional divisions on your own through sponsorships or club donations.

Prize package:
Grand prize for each event is a Discraft merchandise package, including a bag and eight new discs. Events are also encouraged to offer an optional cash side pot for those who wish to participate, which is divided proportionally among the number of aces and/or metal hits.

At the one I attended you just won or you didnt. Another guy one with one ace no metal hits. I woulda won with three metal hits but he was the only ace and it overrided any hits.all the holes were 180-250

At the one I attended you just won or you didnt. Another guy one with one ace no metal hits. I woulda won with three metal hits but he was the only ace and it overrided any hits.all the holes were 180-250

Same thing happened to me sort of at the Tyler 2008 Ace race....I got chains three times but the guy who won got an ace....I did get to pick a free putter from the prizes but....would've loved to have won that Ace race...

The disc for the 2008 Ace race was the Discraft Nebula....still have both the discs....just don't know what I don't like about it but still on the ropes about that disc....

mmmmm good!

41590_35505534649_3143584_n.jpg