• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who Played A Christmas Round?

Played an annual doubles round at west park in Joliet, IL. My 2nd year joining an established crew that's been doing it for a few years. Everybody brings out a 22oz. bomber for trade with their random draw dubz partner. Lotta ice out there today! Good times!!

That sounds like a blast.

I'm thinking of starting a "9 Holes of Christmas" Christmas Day tradition with some of my friends here.

A few different people change from year to year but it's always a good time! Especially with unshoveled natural teepads. Needless to say we had a couple wipeouts.. I'll post a pic up soon.

Shoveled some pads and played. Not too bad considering the snow. Found my lost resistor so that way nice to have back. it was like a Christmas gift the course gave me for shoveling the pads, because it was out in the open, on top of the snow, no footprints around it but mine, and I lost it before the snow came. Weird

Played yesterday and today at the Brick in Gulfport. Warming up for the N.O. City Open this Saturday.

Played a great round at a local private course. All sorts of old signage and memorabilia from old restaurants are all over the course. Hit an old Grimace teeter-totter from the early 80's on a giant skip off an ice puddle. Landed in a jail like area of the course that has a Hamburgler hanging out in it. Good times :)

Played a great round at a local private course. All sorts of old signage and memorabilia from old restaurants are all over the course. Hit an old Grimace teeter-totter from the early 80's on a giant skip off an ice puddle. Landed in a jail like area of the course that has a Hamburgler hanging out in it. Good times :)

gotta be kiddin' me. that was probably ripped from the mcdonald's 5 minutes from my house, haha. creepy little park.

I got in a few rounds today with some course regulars. It was a good day and I learned some alternate tee's:D

Three bottles of wine, three inches of snow still on the ground, and three house guests including two beagles kept me off the course. I'm not complaining though. I made prime rib roast and a bunch of sides. Getting drunk for the first time in a long time. Was a good day. Just wish my dad was still around to enjoy it.

I'll be out playing for the next four days so it's better I spent today with the family. I'm only slightly jealous of those who did get in a round.

Last edited:
Worked 9.5 hours and then put in a couple of solo glow rounds at my local niner. My drives and approaches are starting to come around, but not enough to lower my score. Probably due to the multiple roll aways I had because I'd rather run it than play it safe... My putts are starting to click too though, so it's only a matter of time...

I'm going on a hunting trip the next four days, so I had to get my throwing in early in the week. Got a sick Ace on a really tough hole on Christmas Eve, only the fourth ace ever on the new course we installed about 2-3 months ago. Today played a doubles round and did pretty well Cali, then went to a field and threw putters for an hour.

That sounds like the greatest/creepiest course in the world.

I got in 72+ holes today! Mostly sunny and 40 degrees with no wind. :clap:

It was day two of my Oregon/Washington holiday road trip. I played disc golf while enjoying the awesome scenery driving up the Columbia River Gorge. The day started early with 9 holes at Benson State Park. A pitch and putt nine with great view of one of the waterfalls. I crossed over to Washington to play 18 at North Bonneville DGC, then back to Oregon to play 18 holes at Locks Approach. Next was 18 holes at Tree Top DGC in The Dalles where sunny skies provided excellent views of the snow capped mountains and river valley below. I finished the day off with 9(+) holes at Hood River DGC. Lots of awesome scenery in addition to the awesome disc golf.

The road trip started on Christmas Eve with 18+ holes at Milo McGiver. Tomorrow I plan to play another 54 holes while I make my way south to Roseburg.

A very merry Christmas indeed.

I snuck out and played about 11 holes at Pecan Park in Nac,TX tonight. All I had were 2 eclipse Ions and a wizard for putting. I think I threw +1. It was awesome.

what does ribbon up your disc meen

It means to use Christmas ribbon on your discs so they don't get lost.

You use about 18" of thin Christmas ribbon and duct tape it to the bottom of your discs so you don't lose them in the snow.

It doesn't affect flight and is a life saver when the snow on the ground gets over 6".

If you play in snowy conditions, this thread can be a lot of help:

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99456

Latest posts