• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] why are RC3's so pricey?

I bet if they made cryztal z wasps it would give innova a run for the money ppl just have more "faith" in rocs...

You could wait a few days and get normal production run ones.

These are just fancy first/special runs.

Can anyone name a disc (or anything) that was hyped as a collectible almost as immediately as it came out, and actually panned out to be one years later?

As far as I'm concerned, people already paying well above retail for RC3's expecting to recoup that later will never get above water with them unless they find an even bigger schmuck.

Can anyone name a disc (or anything) that was hyped as a collectible almost as immediately as it came out, and actually panned out to be one years later?

As far as I'm concerned, people already paying well above retail for RC3's expecting to recoup that later will never get above water with them unless they find an even bigger schmuck.

groove, get into it

Their inflated price is a reflection of how low the market's faith is in Innova to continue producing Rocs like these. It's a nicer than normal blend of plastic and they come in a variety of cool stamps. It seems unlikely Innova will be able to keep it up in future large production runs, so people are hoarding them and driving up the price.

one thing that i've noticed with the proto and big birds and i guess even the japan and gcc ones is that the disc and stamp color combinations were all pretty sweet. i've noticed it a lot with other manufacturers also, but it appears that they are starting to pay a bit more attention to making "pretty" discs. not saying that's gonna make regular production stamped stuff any more collectible but they are more visually pleasing. i picked up a few of the cotton candy blue recycled saints and the stamps were a red that made for a really sharp looking color combination. the same way noobs grab fly dye stuff because it looks neat on the shelf, people are gonna grab the sharp looking color/stamp combo over something plane jane if it's the weight and plastic they throw.

My beef is the people who buy them from the molnars or similar for 20 and jack it up to 60 right away. why doesnt dgvalues just sell em for 40? they could, they just wont because they are cool like that.

and it seems to be players who have less than 2-3 years of playing under their belt (just an observation)

Last edited:
Answer? DGCR. Hoarders ruin the plastic market. If there weren't hoarders, CE wouldn't be so rare, RC3s and Prodigy discs wouldn't be so pricey, and DG in general would be far better off.

if the hoarders didn't exist all of the ce would've been thrown years ago and not really be around to the extent that it is today.

He speaks the truth. . .(dehaas)

I understand, somewhat, the validity of CE prices. . .they are simply the best polymer plastic ever and are over 10 years old. . .

I like the roc not the price

No idea why they marked the price up on the disc but from what i have read on other sites is that the bb stamp is the limited run, also that the 180 roc is also priced alot higher than the star stamp. Stupid!!!!! If you take your time and look around like i had done you can find these nice flying gems for a flat price of 25.00 even the 180 BB :thmbup:

Answer? DGCR. Hoarders ruin the plastic market. If there weren't hoarders, CE wouldn't be so rare, RC3s and Prodigy discs wouldn't be so pricey, and DG in general would be far better off.

yeeep. this forum is its own little world, real life has almost no influence.

people are paying that price because they haven't figured out you can get a CMD2 in the exact same plastic for $18 shippped.

omg a roc3 goes really straight and fades and it's in this awesome new champ plastic...

omg a cmd2 goes really straight and fades and it's in this awesome new champ plastic.

Latest posts