• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Why Do You Like Disc Golf?

1. It's a sport I can play by myself, or with other people. Can't do that with baseball/softball.
2. It requires little gear to purchase or lug around.
3. I just love throwing stuff into other stuff, and when it goes in, it's awesome.
4. one more thing in my life to geek out over.
5. It's a great way to pass the time, and get a little fresh air and exercise.

I grew up in the middle of nowhere playing in the woods. I guess I still really like playing in the woods even though I'm grown and live in the city now. Plus I love watching discs fly and seeing great shots even if they aren't my own. But I do find myself often asking myself "why do I play this game?". usually after I've just thrown a disc 350 foot on my drive and then proceed to take an 8 on a par 4. lol

I like disc golf because disc golf likes me back. :blushsmiley:

usually after I've just thrown a disc 350 foot on my drive and then proceed to take an 8 on a par 4. lol

Lol I understand! the same thing happens to me! I just bought a destroyer a few days ago for my forehand throws since I overpowered every other disc I tried with it and I can drive it surprisingly far. So I keep having good drives but then it takes me lots of shots to make the approach and putt lol. I always ruin my good drives with putting.

Lol I understand! the same thing happens to me! I just bought a destroyer a few days ago for my forehand throws since I overpowered every other disc I tried with it and I can drive it surprisingly far. So I keep having good drives but then it takes me lots of shots to make the approach and putt lol. I always ruin my good drives with putting.
well the example I gave was about a 600 ft hole. my drive ended up slightly right of where I wanted. I tried to tomahawk through the trees, hit a limb and landed 10 foot in front of where I was. 3rd throw I was leaned out around the trees and threw it in the ground 50 foot in front of me. then on the next throw I rolled my wrist and threw it back into the woods. lol. it was awful. just one of those holes where you seem to forget how to play.

Getting outside and enjoying the weather. Watching discs fly, especially long glidey turnover shots with a beat in z comet :) Like any good sport, it presents different challenges and scenarios, regardless of if you're playing the same layout and course over and over again. The fun of riding a hot streak, and the challenge of breaking a cold streak without losing your head. Lots and lots of other reasons too, I'm sure.

I like the challenge of disc golf. The wind, trees, the score, the mentality of the sport. I love nature, and the outdoors. AND THE BIGGEST THING..... the urge to get better and try to become the best.

First of all, I love how laid back and relaxed the sport is (most the time). Some people may not like this, but it fits me perfect. I still really enjoy tournaments, but I never take myself too seriously playing. It's always mainly for fun.

Second, I REALLY love when I get the chance to play new courses. Nothing like arriving to a new course without knowing exactly what to expect.

The exercise, the challenge, making new friends.

Well said sirz..

And yes.. ive made and kept some of my best friends/friendships via this game...

I honestly have some of the best friends in the world and am blessed, we spend a lot of time throwing together. A lot of my friends did the wedding/kids thing and we still have our time to throw and discplore new courses and it is truly grand!!

The outdoors, the challenge of trying to get the perfect drive. The sound of the chains. ITS FREE!! Shopping for new discs even tho I already have more than I need. Early mornings and sunsets on the course. There's so much about DG that I love.

I love to hike and in love to throw things, perfect combination of the two.

I like the look on someone face when you have a short 190 pound kid out throw a 6 foot 2 180 pound ripped jock. When they throw 150 feet and i throw 350 feet. :) just kidding.

Honestly i like to get out in the wild and enjoy the earth. I like the way a disc flies and when you hit that perfect line and get the ace or field ace it is pure excitement and adrenaline. Making that putt to win the round or win the tournament. That is why i go do field work and know that the hard work i put into the sport is paid off.

Last edited:

Latest posts