• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Widened the site

timg

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
As you may have noticed, the site got a little fatter, the maps got a little bigger and so did the fonts.

I think I caught everything that may have been broken by changing the sizes but if not, please let me know.

If things look weird for you right now, do a hard refresh (ctrl-f5 on PCs, Apple + R or command + R on Macs).

Looks great Tim, this will help.
Up for a suggestion? I know if I hover over the name of the course in the Recent Reviews that is shows the location. But this doesn't work with a mobile device, no mouse. Since you have so much room in that section now, can you add the location of the course, next to the course name?
I'm more likely to read them if I see its location.
Thanks!!

I really don't understand how you prioritize your work. Why would a wider site happen before the zenbot banner of love?

I'm 38 now for crissakes!!!

attachment.php

There's no way to revert back? I multitask a lot and as a result have up to four windows open simultaneously on two monitors. I usually just split them 50/50 left to right - which was great with the old layout but now I find that I have to scroll side to side to finish reading each line on this forum. I guess I could zoom out...

There's no way to revert back? I multitask a lot and as a result have up to four windows open simultaneously on two monitors. I usually just split them 50/50 left to right - which was great with the old layout but now I find that I have to scroll side to side to finish reading each line on this forum. I guess I could zoom out...
You could probably zoom out on the site. Holding ctrl and scrolling down with the mousewheel will make it smaller.

f5 made me wide, but the boxes on the home page are not lining up right. (The newest reviews box is under the pic of the day box instead of next to it, etc down the page).

Seems to be working fine now.

As you may have noticed, the site got a little fatter, the maps got a little bigger and so did the fonts.

I think I caught everything that may have been broken by changing the sizes but if not, please let me know.

If things look weird for you right now, do a hard refresh (ctrl-f5 on PCs, Apple + R or command + R on Macs).

I think you should read http://baymard.com/blog/line-length-readability, timg, and consider increasing the font size.

The optimal line length for your body text is considered to be 50-60 characters per line, including spaces.

This site is at 135 characters per line. Of course, this isn't a reason for me to quit the site.

Wider is definitely better. I have little use for the big white bars on either side of the window.

Latest posts