• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Worlds Final 9

I'm as entitled to my opinion as you are to your own. If you want to improve your events in the future - control your local children. Loud redneck laughs in the gallery after bad shots = classless. There seems to be this idea that TD's are entitled to certain things, or are above having obvious issues pointed out to them.

Wow.......thats ridiculous

.......but not as ridicuous as you going back and pinpointing laughter at exact times in the video.

That gallery seemed pretty respectful to the players IMO. I didn't get to make it down, but I send a thank you to all those who put there time into making that all happen........especially to the volunteers.......you know, the people that make it possible

...i apologize for the feeding.....I just couldn't help myself

Wysocki drained that putt on hole 1! That is spectacular!

So impressive. Dangerous green, basket perched on a hill rolling away towards OB road and you can't see it in the vid but there is a lake directly over that hill behind the basket. He's like 50ft out . . . I would NEVER even think about running that putt.

wow, i really want to put my 2 cents in, but i'll refrain even though i seem to get dragged into it! I had a great time at worlds and dont want to have my good times and memories spoiled, by people who werent there or cant take responsibility for their own play
mj

MJ You're the man, just from watching the final 9 vid you can see that you were having fun, and for that I have a lot of repsect for you. A lot of people seem to forget that 95% of us started playing this game/sport because it's FUN. I don't think I saw either of the other 3, other than maybe Ricky, seem to be enjoying it as much as you.

Now, can you teach me how to bomb a Comet? ha.

wow, i really want to put my 2 cents in, but i'll refrain even though i seem to get dragged into it! I had a great time at worlds and dont want to have my good times and memories spoiled, by people who werent there or cant take responsibility for their own play
mj

what are your thoughts about trees?

great job mj. your second rd was/is legendary/amazing.

MJ You're the man, just from watching the final 9 vid you can see that you were having fun, and for that I have a lot of repsect for you. A lot of people seem to forget that 95% of us started playing this game/sport because it's FUN. I don't think I saw either of the other 3, other than maybe Ricky, seem to be enjoying it as much as you.

Now, can you teach me how to bomb a Comet? ha.

thanks! Thats the reason i play, if i'm not having fun playing dg, i would be doing something else!

what are your thoughts about trees?

great job mj. your second rd was/is legendary/amazing.

I like trees, they make you have to think about what you are going to do and how to get around them!! Now it can get a bit nuts if nothing gets cut, but i do enjoy woods golf.

why arent you at hambrick? too wide open?

i wanted a week off. And i dont travel that much, not that interested in playing all the time, with some players that dont enjoy themselves.
i know i can stay around the few state area i live in and have a good time and good competition, so i will take that over travelling and not having a good time playing the game i enjoy

i wanted a week off. And i dont travel that much, not that interested in playing all the time, with some players that dont enjoy themselves.
i know i can stay around the few state area i live in and have a good time and good competition, so i will take that over travelling and not having a good time playing the game i enjoy

:clap: Welcome to my world :clap:....then again your "few state area" equates to just Texas for me!

You going to Vibram this year? Must say i had a great time watching you guys play in 2010 although I played like garbagio.

not playing vibram unfortunately, just doesnt work with my schedule this year. Even though i love playing Maple Hill

not playing vibram unfortunately, just doesnt work with my schedule this year. Even though i love playing Maple Hill

Same here.....didn't even pay the $10 to qualify at COTO because I knew I would be in school all summer. Luckily I graduate in Dec so I will be able to play the Memorial for the first time ever (always the week before spring break).

Anyway MJ I was pulling for you the whole week and was getting ready for some Ti Comets!

i think you should get a ti comet anyways i mean damn. you know what i liked this year was watching the youtube of you killing the azalea. youre easy to root for dog.

Crowds

The gallery at the Final 9 was unprecedented in numbers. I flagged the #5 island green for the 18 or so groups that played in the Finals, smallest gallery was about 50 (for the juniors) and approaching 1500 for the open players. When the MPOs were teeing on #6 (all the other finalists had finished) the rest of the gallery started joining the crowd. The 20+ experienced staff (all who had TD'd or Marshaled during the week) were getting overwhelmed by the numbers. The transition between #6 and #7 was about 25' wide and funneling 2000+ people through that gap was like herding cats (I, like many other staff, had to be somewhat obnoxious to control the crowd). I was relatively near to where one of the finalists threw OB on #7, and did not hear any cat calls or other distracting comments (what occurred within 10-15' of the alleged comments was not how the gallery generally behaved). By the time the finalists teed on #9 the crowd probably approached 3000 (looked like a PGA event!); we were stressed just to allow the players to proceed to their lie. Despite the large crowd, the gallery was very well behaved and respectful to the player's concentration (they just wanted a good viewing point).

Latest posts