• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Would You Use A Caddy?

My oldest son caddies for me sometimes. (13) He enjoys the walk through the park, but he enjoys cash alot more!

I don't think I could have a caddie. The main reason is (I know when I say this I am going to get a bunch of crap) if there is a putt at like 10' or less I leave my bag on and for some reason it makes me think less and for my me less thinking is better when I am putting. I always like to have my bag on when I am walking around it just is normal.

I'm not going to give you any crap, just...don't knock it till you try it!

Hell yeah I'll take a caddy. Tournament rounds can be damn boring, carrying a bag on a sweltering course is no fun, and having a little shot selection advice and voice of reason from a smart player is always helpful.

Im always asking my girlfriend to caddy for me. Occasionally she agrees, but I haven't noticed that it helps me play better.

i once hired a stripper to caddy for me. she was wearing a bikini for the round. she was great at getting discs and opening beers. well worth the money.

I love it when my fiance caddies for me! He knows my game and is always helping me make the smart decisions with routes, discs, and attitude! I'm waiting for the day he gives up competitive dg to caddy exclusively!

I wouldn't mind a caddy, I don't mind carrying my bag at all but I certainly wouldn't turn it down if somebody wanted to do it for me.

Just wondering if given the opportunity would you use a Caddy? Or in other words if you consider your bag part of your routine.

Personally I would rather carry my own bag. It is part of my routine and I just feel different when I don't have it on my back. Of course if I were to play a course in the middle of the summer that after 18 holes you have walked 6 miles I would want one. But as far as regular rounds and normal tournament rounds I would rather stick to what I know.

(And yes I'm enjoying a day of Braves Baseball and the Masters and I wanted something to talk about :D)

i think it'd just be too weird walking around that freely.

i'd probably end up slinging a branch over my shoulder and fidgeting with the stuff in my pockets to keep my hands/shoulder occupied.

I had a caddie my first year playing in our state finals. It threw me off my game and I immediately wished that I just had my own bag on my back. I will most likely politely decline if anyone ever offers to caddy for me again.

I would love a caddy. As payment I could drink my sodas faster to lighten the bag earlier in the round.

My wife has caddied for me. Empire State Senior Games. Didn't give much discin advice, but she was a good morale booster. And it was pretty hot and muggy so not having to carry the bag kept me fresher than the other old geezers. She's gonna caddy for me again this year.

I would use a caddy under certain situations. In the last big tournament I played I was on the lead card and didn't know anyone else in my group (other than playing with them the previous day). So one of my good friends that wasn't playing offered to caddy for me the last day. I took him up on the offer as a way to calm my nerves and having a friend to talk to through the rounds. Also, it was good to have someone who knew my shots and what I was capable of to talk me through shots that I came across. The course was also very hilly, and my bag is not light by any means; so having him carry my stuff made me less tired than usual. It was weird adjusting to not carrying a bag around the course, since I have carried a bag since my first round. But after I got over that fact it was very useful having him around.

I haven't ever had a caddy before but I'm not opposed to it. Last weekend would have been a great time to have one with four tournament rounds. It'd have been nice to have someone there to keep my head in it and give me some shot selection advice (though I knew every course like the back of my own hand). Plus it would help with minimizing fatigue as the rounds progress.

I rarely play without a caddy!! Even at my local club, during practice rounds I always use a caddy!! Why would anyone want to unnecessarily fatigue their shoulders during a round.
And you guys can't honestly tell me that you clean off your own discs after every shot? No thank you, give me my disc when it's clean...

I used a caddy once during a final nine and I will never use one again. My rhythm was completely off. I don't mind when other players have a caddy but I am fine on my own.

Iv had my gf caddy for me in a few local morning tournys but i think we're gonna try it out in a few pdga events this summer and see how it works. Shes never competed before and it'll give her a chance to see what its all about before she gets into it for herself

I currently use a caddy for my events when he's not playing the event, he is an awesome friend and knows my game really well. Gives me good advice and helped me win my first tourney this year, of course I played like crap in the event he didn't caddy for me and played against me. LOL!

However main reason is I'm doing some touring around my region this year and he's coming just to travel, he doesn't have much cash so he can't play in all the events but we have a good arrangement, he crashes for free in any hotels (I'd be getting on anyways) if I win funny money for discs I split it with him or just buy discs he wants or needs (I have WAY TO MANY as it is).

And I throw him some cash here and here if he needs it. I had back surgery a year ago and it's brutal to play two rounds in one day it's brutal right now.

Bottom line if your caddy knows your game and can give sound advice it's awesome, the benefits on your body is a plus cause you don't have to carry all the discs so you stay fresh. And when the course has lots of elevation it's a real plus!!

Thanks Matt for being my caddy you're the man!

TRB

Latest posts