• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

You have unlimited funds, and authorization...where would you put a DG course?

The Eifel Forest in Germany. Start at The Bridge To Gantry with a signature hole by the Karussell.

Moon. In an oxygenated space dome. Thing would be huge. Each hole would be an average of 1000 feet long and I would have a jet pack to get around.

San Saba, TX

I had to Google that just to find out where it is...any particular reason or are you just from there? Could we set up a stand on the course to sell pecans?

I had to Google that just to find out where it is...any particular reason or are you just from there? Could we set up a stand on the course to sell pecans?

Wow, you really did google it if you knew about their pecans. They love their pecans.

No, I'm not from there. I just had to say it because before 2006, Mr. John Houck himself owned some land there and had three rediculously awesome championship level quality courses there. He used to host big tournaments there (including World Doubles). It's just one of those things that if you ever played there before he shut it down, you seem to find yourself talking about how freaking awesome it was. ("back in my day..." kind of talk). basically it was great disc golf with better memories. even the fact I put at least 3 discs in the colorado river...

Wow, you really did google it if you knew about their pecans. They love their pecans.

No, I'm not from there. I just had to say it because before 2006, Mr. John Houck himself owned some land there and had three rediculously awesome championship level quality courses there. He used to host big tournaments there (including World Doubles). It's just one of those things that if you ever played there before he shut it down, you seem to find yourself talking about how freaking awesome it was. ("back in my day..." kind of talk). basically it was great disc golf with better memories. even the fact I put at least 3 discs in the colorado river...

Why did he close it?

Two words...Neverland Ranch! I can see it now...a basket secured to one of the farris wheel buckets, readying yourself to attempt your 25' putt while waiting for the basket to come back around. Then, maybe the train can bring you to the back 9. OB in the Chimp's cage!

the moon. most definately. throwing with the space suit on might be a bit awkward at first, but the reduced gravity would be sweet.

glide x 10

or i'd set up some baskets on the banks of the colorado river near rapids, so you get to try to bang some chain on your white water rafting trip from a moving tee.

Grand Canyon? Great Wall of China? Dang. Some folks here are dreaming bigger than I am.
:)

I would put my dream course at a place called Wilson State Park. Its just off I-70 halfway between Hays and Salina, Kansas. It would be mostly open, but the wind around there is insane. And if that's not enough, we could probably mow some of the holes links style.

It's no Grand Canyon, but at least I'd be within two hours of it.

Thingvellir Iceland

Thingvellir in Iceland. The course could only be played for about 6 months of the year but what a wild time.

thingvellir_1.jpg

This is one of the most incredible beautiful places I have ever been. It is far better in person.

farm_by_the_parliament.jpg

There was a summit held here with President Nixon and a few others.

thingvellir_3.jpg

This is the only place that the tectonic plates meet above sea level for the Mid Atlantic rift.

gullfoss_2.jpg

This is only the upper part of the falls. In the spring when the water is really coming off there, just below where the people are standing is a ledge, and you can walk under the fall if your crazy enough.

You know what would be super fun? Get a group of folks who each have a portable basket, and set up a course in a public place, like downtown NYC, or somewhere like that, and play a quick round, then pick them up and go...a hit and run disc golf tourney.

Talking about an urban course...what about San Francisco, with a tee off at the top of Lombard Street, and the basket all the way at the bottom?

IMG_0380%20copy.jpg

Last edited:
I realized I forgot to say one thing about playing in Iceland. While you could only play for about 6 months there is about 3 month period you could play 24 hours a day. You are so far north that the sun does not completely set in the summer.

Thingvellir in Iceland. The course could only be played for about 6 months of the year but what a wild time.

thingvellir_1.jpg

This is one of the most incredible beautiful places I have ever been. It is far better in person.

farm_by_the_parliament.jpg

There was a summit held here with President Nixon and a few others.

thingvellir_3.jpg

This is the only place that the tectonic plates meet above sea level for the Mid Atlantic rift.

gullfoss_2.jpg

This is only the upper part of the falls. In the spring when the water is really coming off there, just below where the people are standing is a ledge, and you can walk under the fall if your crazy enough.
and an escalator to get between elevation changes?

The AT trail

I was thinking on this because I really want to hike the AT trail some day and it would be cool to have some baskets along the way, To make it extreme you could have one per state the the trail crosses, that would make up to 14 courses. They could be spread out over a great distance per the state but to say you've played one of the courses would be an accomplishment to brag about. All 14 legend status.

Delaware Park in downtown Buffalo.

:eek: Really? I was just thinking about Delaware Park earlier today when I was reading the thread about playing around roads and things. I've played ball golf there twice. It is without question the worst golf course I've ever played. People picnicing in the middle of fairways, bikers, walkers, roller bladers, kids flying kites, etc.

But then if they put a course in the other part of the park, nearer to the Art Gallery, you have a pretty dang good idea there. I don't know about having unlimited funds and all, but I nice location nonetheless.

Latest posts