• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

You know you're addicted to DG when...

I find out my intinerary tomorrow. Maybe i'll have time to play but i'll have room to stick a few discs in my carry-on. flyboy is private so i doubt i will get permission to play, besides, my game is very poor. there is a course in douglassville i believe.

I live in Midtown ATL. You should def try to play Flyboy(and bring at least 2 extra discs for the water). Kelly seems like a nice guy who would work with you on when to play. And if not, you can hit me up and I'll play Deer Lick in Douglasville or White Oak in Dallas. Both are also good courses. Deer Lick is more technical, White Oak is harder.

I was watching "The BEE Movie" that came on tv the other day, and towards the end of the movie, the bees flew by a kid in the park, and I could have sworn he had an Innova disc in his hand. It was not a frisbee.

My girlfriend and I know we are addicted when we haven't even been playing a year and have over 150 discs not even counting are Rocs: 7 Champs, 5 KC's, 9 DX's.

...when you pull something in your back during a casual round and still insist to finish it out, even though your friends are telling you no.

Sounds like me on Friday, I had no friends pushing me on though, my shoulder wad killing me, I pushed on tossing my buzzz 100ft just to finish a course played, i'm so glad that only lasted a few hours, that Sauna cured all.

I was using a pallet jack to get a rather large pallet off stuff of my rig last week, and the pallet seemed to be a little top heavy. I surprised myself when I said to myself, "Wow, this pallet seems to be understable", instead of unstable. I glad nobody heard me.

I was using a pallet jack to get a rather large pallet off stuff of my rig last week, and the pallet seemed to be a little top heavy. I surprised myself when I said to myself, "Wow, this pallet seems to be understable", instead of unstable. I glad nobody heard me.

If you unloaded it successfully it was 'understable'. If the the load tipped it was 'unstable'. I bet your choice of words was correct;)

Disc golf is like any other drug. Some folks dabble in it here and there and enjoy it but don't get addicted, others, well... I can't do out think about anything if it doesn't involve dg, my life has completely revolved around it for 2 years, I go through withdrawal when it gets dark, I'll play in any weather, with anyone, anywhere on any course. If I can't be playing i'm reading this forum, watching videos, walling through my game in my head, looking at pictures or dreaming about the game. I'm making a bid for adg related job, playing well enough that I can at least win my money back in most tourneys, I hardly take time to eat during the day, I don't interact with others unless on the course.

Martin. Addict.

Disc golf is like any other drug. Some folks dabble in it here and there and enjoy it but don't get addicted, others, well... I can't do out think about anything if it doesn't involve dg, my life has completely revolved around it for 2 years, I go through withdrawal when it gets dark, I'll play in any weather, with anyone, anywhere on any course. If I can't be playing i'm reading this forum, watching videos, walling through my game in my head, looking at pictures or dreaming about the game. I'm making a bid for adg related job, playing well enough that I can at least win my money back in most tourneys, I hardly take time to eat during the day, I don't interact with others unless on the course.

Martin. Addict.

Couldn't have said it better myself

Jamie. Fellow addict.

You know your addicted to DG when you are playing your home course and you think, man, we need new baskets. So instead of begging the city for money, you start a 6 month league, generate 25 members, raise $1000 and get 3 local companies to sponsor baskets. Before you even get the new baskets in, you now see other opportunities so less than a year after you started the league, you now have next year to plan, plus prepare for a city council meeting at which you are proposing a new 9 hole DG course in the neighboring town, you find a 9 basket sponsor and before that project has a chance to blossom, you stumble across another course design opportunity, so you call them up and now your working on running a DG league, a volunteer DG course design and implementation as well as a possible paid design opportunity. All while still averaging 3, 18 hole rounds a week, and a 50 work week on top of that.

When you tee off on #7 and something in your left foot "Pops" and instead of hobbling back to your truck to go home you yell **** about 10 times & take about 6 Alleves and finish the round.

Instead of counting sheep to fall asleep, I'll pick a course and play a round in my head. I usually don't get through the front 9!!! Works like a charm, and leads to great dg dreams!

When you play with one of your discs while you drive around sometimes, if your bag is within reach, orrrrrr is that just me?

I'm a believer out forming a bond with the disc, the more I hold it and caress it and fondle it, the more familiar with it I am, the more likely we'll be able to work together and perform well on the course. Driving is a special time for me and the wizard.

Corse with many stones

.....when attending a funeral you try to figure out how to throw around the monuments and headstones.

Course with many stones

.....when attending a funeral you try to figure out how to throw around the monuments and headstones.

When there is a negative 6 wind chill, and a blizzard and you play one round, go back home watch the Scandinavian Open for the 5th time, then go back out because you have to play another round

I'm a believer out forming a bond with the disc, the more I hold it and caress it and fondle it, the more familiar with it I am, the more likely we'll be able to work together and perform well on the course. Driving is a special time for me and the wizard.

With all do respect Martin,You need a break...or laid!

Latest posts