• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

You know you're addicted to DG when...

When you see orange tape wrapped around a tree in a median, someone's yard, anywhere, your first thought is "Mandatory?".

You are looking to buy a new house and you look at the backyard before the house.

...you get up at 4:30 a.m. to drive two hours to play in the freezing cold.

late night putting practice. Drives the neighbors nuts.

When the cops arrest you for playing at night!

-No one asks me what I've been doing with my time outside of work anymore because all 40 of my employees know the answer.
-Ive said ball golf to ball golfers in a regular conversation
-Ive converted the laundry basket in the back dock of the restaurant into a makeshift basket.
-I bring my disc bag to work instead of my computer bag because I get anxious being away from my discs, even though I cant store anywhere near as much as I need to work at full capacity.
Playing disc golf with me is a new requirement in my list of what Im looking for in a girl
-I dont have the drive to pay my bills on time even though I have the money, but Im willing to go out of my way to play 20 minutes of disc golf when I have little to no free time.
-I played between 72 to 90 holes today even after the first person I brought to the course had a seizure and I had to call 911. After getting him to the safety of his family I was immediately back on the course for the rest of the day.
-Im neglecting sleeping when work is only 6 hours away in order to read every single post Ive missed in the last two days and contribute.
-I havent met a single new person in the last two months off the disc golf course.
-My brother has been playing 3-4 years and competes in Intermediate and Advanced, and the only thing I can think of is working to outplay him this month after less than two months of regular playing.

Apparently I have a problem. I was addicted to video games mostly Halo 3. Now I would rather go out side and throw. My wife was mad because I played to many games. Now I out of the house and cant hear her complain. Thanks DG..

Q: Do you know why there's no Disc Golfaholics Anonymous?

A: Because no one wants to quit!

...you call-in to work with some well-crafted excuse just so you can stop by the course to do some putting practice.

you find yourself at work posting on these forums

hi my names trent and im also a disc golfaholic.

Even though your glasses are broken, and you can't see the basket from 20' away, you ssay oh well i know the general direction of the course and the baskets so I'm playing!!!!

seeing a cable listing for the movie 21 Grams and thinking "god that's light, even for a mini"

quit your job because it interferes with your disc golf and try to convince your wife to move south so you can play in shorts year round.

When you have to go out of town for a funeral and before you leave you check DGCR.com to see which courses you could hit on the way.

played Christmas eve and Christmas Day before I had to come home and take a quick shower and go to family Chrismas parties

you play after getting your eyes dialated even though the sun light hurts your eyes and everything is blurry.

When it is 10 degrees outside with 35 mph gusts, ice on the roads and course, but you still have to go anyway!

when you do a school project on disc golf

when you complain why there is no disc golf channel

when you know what pros throw

when you spell rock r-o-c

You might be a disc golf addict... If the term "rubber putter" has no sexual enuendo for you.

If you have more golf discs than CDs.

If you build a backyard swimming pool to be used only as a water hazard.

If your best disc sails into the lake and you shed everything to go get it.

When you son is a minor league baseball umpire and you're concerned about his upcoming season; Which league will he be assigned to? The AA Southern or the AA Texas League? Both the biggest concern really is which league will provide for the most enjoyable disc golf road trip?

You try to throw a hyzer with everything I pick up!

when you buy a mini for your one month old son in hopes that he will hold it and love it as much as you do.

When your child chooses the college based upon how many courses are near just because they know you would want to play.

You know your addicted to DG when.... your doing your laundry, you open up the washer and a mini falls out. Guess I left it in my pocket from yesterdays doubles..

if you find the easiest way to go to sleep is by playing your favorite course in your head

If you play dg with your wife

....when your passwords include the name and weight of your favorite discs, and various combinations thereof!

My daughters new boyfriend is really into Disc golf. As a matter of fact, that is how she met him, at one of my tournaments. When he comes over to see her, she told us that he and I are not allowed to discuss disc golf when she is around.

when you work as a bouncer at a strip club like I do and with all those big mirrors around are trying to without anyone noticing do a little X step and follow through to check out your form...only to have patrons and nude dancers all looking at you like you are some kind of fruity ballerina bouncer!

When you spot your wife's new orange dish towel hanging from the sink and the first two thoughts you have are...... How absorbant is that? And that would really look good hanging from my Fadegear bag.

When your mom's car has "DX" as a badge on the trunk and every time you ask her if it's wearing in understable she gives you the evil eye.

Now everytime I see a nice open field I say "Wow, what a great place to practice your drives." My wife is starting to get tired of me saying this.

You make a bad shot and are positive the birds that are chirping are actually laughing at you.

When your boss mentions business trip, and you hope that you don't need to take a laptop, because that makes it harder to carry on your DG bag!

When you drive passed the MOST PERFECT row of trees every single day on your way to work and you consider it cruel and unusual punishment that there is no basket

When you wonder what kind of disc course a downtown city area would make if you were one of the last people left on earth.

When you can't pass a body of water without wondering (often times aloud) "Can I make that throw? I bet I can....." Sometimes interrupting a story told by your wife

you keep a disc in your passenger seat to spin while stuck in traffic during your commute.

When you call up friends and they already know you are trying to get them to play

You have Dreams about disc Golf ( Happened recently)

You think about drinking less on the course to improve your game

People say "I Play Real Golf" and you take offense

You think about buying discs just to dye them

You walk in the room, and your wife is watching "Winnie The Pooh" and you look and think to yourself that the 100 Acre Woods would make a bad ass disc golf course

You take your laptop to the course with you, so you can work on your final project for your first year at college. Then claim the disc golf course is a peaceful setting to work, and your dorm room is not.

You spend almost an hour trying to make a cd in the trash can from 30ft. Damn those things are overstable!

You almost kill yourself and two others in the car swearving across two lanes of traffic because you just saw that a new disc golf store opened very close to your house.

When you are at work, and you realize that you need to make a disc change in your bag, and you walk in the door at home and run to the closet , and change out some discs in your bag, and it makes you feel better, even though its Tuesday , and you are not going to play till Saturday.

When you make your dog pose with your putters for a picture :)

Having disc golf dreams the night before a big tourney (or any night LOL)

When you are going to play a top rated course tomorrow and instead of counting sheep before bed you hear chains all night long.

When you get done with a day trip to Cincinnati to play 4 courses, and start planning your weekend trip to Bowling Green before you go to bed.

When you say screw it, and play two courses even though it's hailing and thundering because you drove two hours to play them, damnit!

When you are having a really bad day, and you start to plan a disc golf trip for the weekend to make you feel better.

You just finished a round so you and your buddies immediately get together and plan out where you'll play ... the next six weekends in a row.

If your wife says "You have to choose between me and disc golf" and you say "are you sure?" and she says "nevermind".

...there's no room in the trunk of your car anymore.

If you've neglected every responsibility in your life for more than a year while committing 100% of your free time to disc golf.

...when you walk around your house idly spinning a disc on your finger waiting for your buddy to call with a tee time.

...when you tell your doctor during a physical that you're an avid disc golfer when he asks what you do for exercise, and he perks up briefly when hearing the word "golf," but then his eyes glaze over when he realizes what you're talking about.

When DGCR is your homepage...

out of town for a wedding, and I left the reception early so I could get back to my hotel and get plenty of sleep, so I could get up early for Disc Golf the next day.

My wife was mad at me for not spending enough time with her and accused me of maybe having a girlfriend. I told her that if I had the choice between spending the afternoon with hot girl, or spending the afternoon on the disc golf course,you would find me at the course.

She looked at me, and said, "yea, your probably right. You girlfriends name is Innova or Discraft".

I just smiled and went back to DGCR on the computer, and she went back to Lifetime TV.

Addiction: not just volunteering to play a 144-hole, 8-course disc golf tournament in the hot Carolina summer, but actually looking forward to it.

When one round at a 27 hole course isn't enough. .... One round is never enough

A ringtone that sounds like chains

When I dream about DG, then get up and go play DG, go to work and ask everybody there if they want to go play DG after work, Then get home and check the weather for the next day so I can do it all again!

When you get into a fight with your wife tonight, because I took her out to the movies, and I thought the date was over and I went to go play disc golf, and that really pissed her off.

Your wife doesn't ask "if" you are playing tonight but whether or not you are stopping by the house first.

You're pretty sure you can birdie the sink in the kitchenette at work if you can just hit that hyzer line.

It takes you longer than anybody else to play a round at your home course because you have to say hello to everybody you know.

You've contacted the cruise director to see if they can at least set up a putting green on deck.

You have recently hit your neighbor's car, home or children with an errant throw.

Your tried to convince your wife that your next child's name should be Innova.

i always try to refer to disc golf as just golf, and when they think your talking about ball golf i just react with disgust that they would make that assumption. I'm going to keep doing that until everyone in the world assumes you are talking about disc golf before they think ball golf.

when u invent a version of beer pong with mini's.

when u spend over 300$ in discs in one week, and u had no plans to sell any of them.

when u set aside an amount of money each paycheck just for discs.

when u show up at the course when it is still dark out.

when u care more about finding ur favorite disc in the snow, then getting frostbite.

when u look at the discs hanging on ur wall while having sex.

when u spend more time naming ur discs, than u do pets or children.

when ur lunch break consists of driving for 40 minutes and then quickly playing 3 holes

You know you are addicted to disc golf when your girlfriend breaks up with you because of your obsession with the game. And you find it relieving when she leaves so you have more time to play.

Before packing up for a weekend trip, you think of which discs to bring in case you can hit a course while away.

...when you work at a hospital at night and walk down the long hallways and in your mind pretend it is a tight tunnel shot. I imagine taking my Aviar or Valk and trying to shoot that without touching the walls.

When you stare longingly at your disc bag wishing it were the next day so you could go to a tournament. Also knowing you wont get much sleep because you will be playing the course in your head.

Just found myself x-stepping around the office... It's raining and should be all week... Going in to withdrawl...

When the only reason you get excited about checking the mail is to get a disc via trade.

When your shoes have uneven wear patterns due to pivoting on a cement teepad.

You know you are addicted when you bring discs into the shower with you to clean them off...

...you have a stack of 30 discs you dont throw sitting in your closet.

When you are driving a truck at night for work, and you are arranging discs in your bag in your head, and trying to figure out what discs you need to change out as you head down the highway.

Scene:

Young american disc golfer walks up to the local DG kiosk at the course where a young Vietnamese woman is selling discs and those cool hats.

A: "What can I get for $10?"
V: "Anyting in my used bin"
A: "Anything?"
V: "You likey polecat? You birdie long time with polecat"
A: "You got anything in CE?"
V: "No CE $10, CE $30"
A: "How about champion?"
V: "Oh champion...you acey acey with this"

As requested:

Full Metal Basket
Screenplay

Scene 1, hole 1 of the local course, a group is gathered that looks like some kind of disc golf clinic. The local pro is addressing the group.

LP: If you finish my clinic you will be pros, chain assassins just waiting for a tournament. But until that day you are Barneys. You aren't even 2 disc douches, you are lower than that!

Because I am hard you will not like me, but you will realize that the harder I am, the more you will learn. I don't care who you are or what you are. When you leave my camp you will be able to deuce a 440' wooded tunnel shot. Do you Barney's hear me?

B: Sir, yes sir.

(The local pro approaches a player)

LP: What's your name?

P1: Jim Towson sir!

LP: BS, your name is Polecat! Do you like that name?

PC: Yes sir!

(he approaches another)

LP: Holy S… look at the ears on you boy! I would call you mini-Climo but I have seen you throw. I am gonna call you Blowfly.

BF: Yes sir!

Your addicted when you are planning a fire escape plan for your home in case of a fire, and you add in the plan, grabbing your discs and bag on the way out the door.

When your coworkers who have never played correct people from "frisbee golf" to "disc golf" because they've heard you talk about it so much.

...when you get more dates from girls you meet at the course than from meeting them anywhere else.

i have a seperate savings account that i put money into every month sprecifically for disc golf trips

You take your wife out for a nice dinner, and you pay the bill which is about $35. As you leave the restaurant, you start to think to yourself, "I wonder how many discs I could have bought if I had saved my money, and taken her to McDonald's? Don't they have a dollar menu?"

...you bought a shamwow just to put in your bag.

...you use the handicap stall at work to practise your driving form after spending the day at work reading about how to improve your game.

If your wife should have been home an hour ago and you hear sirens of ambulances and fire trucks and a helicopter headed in the direction she should be coming from and your first thought is "oh no, all of my discs were in her minivan". Happened to me this morning. Don't worry the discs are fine.

...when you get jelous of your uneployed friends because they get to disc more than you, despite the fact that most of them had to move in with their parents because unemployment checks couldn't cut it.

....You sell your crack to buy more discs.

...when you add discs to your monthly budget.

...when your wife and you have a joint credit card for the sole purpose of buying gas (easy to see how much you spend on gas and earns points quickly and can be payed off every month cuz its in the budget) but you know gas stations that sell discs, so now whenever you buy gas a disc in included. until she catches me. then it's back to using spending money on disc.

When you explain to your mom that the reason you haven't been seriously dating in two years is because your trying to expand your game!

Answering 911 calls, and in the back of your mind, you can only think about which thread to read through next...
"911, what's your emergency?....and, really, don't you think a tomahawk would be a better choice on #12?"

You check the public access Chanel every hour your home to see if dg is on.( I've only seen it twice, but I still check)

if you think the discraft misprint deal is your greatest purchase of the year and the only thing that even compares is the house you bought in March.

... you wake up with your bag and discs right next to your face and have no clue how they got there.

You leave a PDGA magazine in the doctors office.

....you want a discgolf basket-shaped hood ornament for your car or truck, complete with little hanging chains.

When i ask my co-worker how much time is left and he says ''1 hour and a half." i say, ''well thats not to long.''
his response, "thats like two rounds of disc golf!"
if you relate time to a round of dg then you are addicted.

...when you wake up at 7 to hunt for discs

when you do an X-Step while playing Beer Pong

I went to the zoo and could only think about in what habitats would I risk getting a disc back.

if you're watching "Cops" or "Operation Repo" on TV and the only thing you're interested in is looking past the actors to see if there is a disc golf basket in that park in the background.

- You take one of your high school senior pictures with your discs hanging on a wall behind you (me in 2003).

- You watch TV with a disc in your hand

When you dreaming about your drive and your wife wakes you up and asks "Who is Annie"?

Ever wake up with a disc in your bed. I did, and my wife won't let it go. She now ask me every night if I need my "security disc" so I can sleep. I tried to explain I was working on different grips... Never should have opened that door.

before X-mas I had 5 discs & used an old gym bag. Now I have 14 discs, a F.A.D.E. Crunch Box & a towel specifically for Disc Golf.

......when everything that leaves your hand is putted....then you judge the stableness of whatever you tossed.

... When you've lost more discs in a practice field than on courses

When you give plasma for money for your addiction to plastic.

you have a possible broken foot and are going to play in the tourney anyways

...your critiria for a woman includes being able to drive 150'.

...when you skip classes to go discing instead...

When you drive for 22 hours one way to go skiing and end up having more fun playing disc golf instead.

When you wake up with the worst hangover that you've had in years and decide to "sweat it out" on the course instead of going home and going to bed.

When you want to cuddle with your discs more than your girl

when you d rather have your wife pissed at you for two days then miss league....

...when the ladies at the post office start to recognize you when you bring in a disc to ship out/buy more envelopes.

...when you use an upside down mini as a soap dish in the bathroom.

my car was pulling to the right so I went to get the alignment fixed and when describing it to the mechanic used the words "flippy" and "understable."

you trade a disc before you've gotten a chance to throw it...

..........I get so excited before I am ready to go, that if I even think the words "disc golf" my bowels get loose, and I have to run to the bathroom. Happens everytime I am getting ready to leave and go play. ..........."tmi, but intriguing..."

Whenever you notice that some of your plates are flat and some are kind of domey, and that bothers you because you prefer flat.

You get home from work and by-pass your wife in the front yard cause you notice a package on the front porch that just maybe a few discs you ordered

When you have a good round and you replay every shot in your head before you fall asleep at night.

When you know that tortillas are overstable, and hard to clean up

...when you put lights on your practice basket and use it as your christmas tree

When your family stages an intervention because they think your addicted to drugs because you come home late, are always physically tired, and never have any money - I had to explain to them what DG was, and how my money was going towards discs an gas, not heroine an crack whores. ....."well...plastic crack! Lol"

... when you're no longer addicted to fantasy sports

... instead of making snowballs, you spend an hour trying to form a throwable snowdisc.

When your four year old is playing disc golf in his room with a fold up chair and saucers from his sisters tea set

AND... When ur getting jack s••t done at work reading dgcr forums ALL DAY

When you have a hernia which needs surgery and still want to play in the tournament this weekend.

wool buffing pads are overstable, foam are flippy, pizza boxes tend to fly stable.

took a few weeks to read all 188 pages.

i just copied and pasted the best ones to Word, save document, repeat... whenever i had a few minutes to spare.

the only hard part was keeping repeating posts from showing up and trying not to miss any good ones.

i'm sure i have some repeated posts and i'm positive that i missed some good ones... but i think i captured the gist of the thread as a whole

LOL

i thank ya but i have to de-nominate myself because i'm a complete slacker when it comes to playing the game. my schedule blows, so i really don't get out much.

you can't have a President of the Disc Golf Addiction Society playing under 100 rounds a year... that charished position should be held by 400+ minimum :)

OK so now let's have a poll with 10000 options so we can figure out which post was the BEST!!!

fly from the east coast to LAX on Monday night and drive 40 miles to Coyote DGC at Lake Casitas on Tuesday morning and later in the day play at Slymar, I did this last month.

You know you're addicted to Disc Golf when...

...everytime you have to walk any distance at all, you are plotting the best shots to get there.

...you do an X-step to skip a rock.

...everytime you step outside you begin by checking the wind direction.

...tye-dye does not make you think of clothes anymore.

...you get on DG message boards at all hours of the day and night. (guilty)

you actually have paid some scavenger $5 to buy back the same disc that you lost last week.

the term "UFO" refers to an arrant disc buzzing by you, just missing your head, and all you can think is, "Was that a Champion Disc?"

you get your food tray at a restaurant and you practice the power grip on it.

you've had to tell more than one person, "THAT IS NOT A GRILL!"

catch yourself standing in your cube at the office practicing your shot with an imaginary disc (just like the idiots who do it with imaginary golf clubs. Yeah, you know who I am referring too.) ;o)

you have put a disc in your hand for no reason but to just touch it.

you are waiting in line for food with an empty plate in your hand and you turn it over to look at the design to see with way it might turn if you threw it.

…you own or considered having a custom mini made out of something other than plastic.

…people in your family can explain to others what disc golf is, even though they have never played themselves (shame on you for allowing this to happen).

You know you're addicted to Disc Golf When you refer to ball golf as, well.... ball golf

you wait all day while it is pouring down rain and wait for the slightest break in the weather and then even though the skies are still dark and cloudy as long as its not thundering and lighting you hit the course and are glad the tees are concrete

...when you start quoting Caddyshack & Happy Gilmore lines on and off the course as if they were intended for disc golf all along.

Everywhere you look you envision potential pin placements.

You always know what time it gets dark.

You have an extreme love / hate relationship with the wind.

.......you play disc golf in the pouring rain, but wont check the mail till the sun comes out

... you've applied the Power Grip to a Pringles lid

The term "Anheiser-Busch" brings to mind a right-hand fade into the rough instead of beer

If you've tried more than three times to figure out how the PDGA player ratings system works.

... the term "overstable" actually makes sense to you.

…you have started naming some of the trees and obstacles on the course. "On this hole you have to stay clear of Tree-a-saurus Rex, Barry's Boulder, and the Creek Monster."

.....when you suck at the game and after your through for the day swear you're giving it up for good only to return the next day and the next and the next and.......

If you modify you discs to be easier to find when the snow is 2' deep.

...you've spent hours watching disc golf on Youtube.

...you know who Cubby is.

If you've ever carried a midrange disc on a nature hike.

If you go in a store that sells discs at least once a week "just to look" even though you have more discs than you'll ever need.

...when you attempt to Hyzer every darn thing in your house

literally guilty of all these things

When you think of making music out of the sounds of discs hitting trees, chains, the water, maybe chains with someone yelling in joy(obviously an ace). Or hit's chains and yells "Aw maaaaan" sort of like hole five guy on his hiestand video almost acing hole 14(don't think he hit chains though).

when you wake up at 4am just to hit a round before work. Then roof for 8-10 hrs. and try to make up an excuse to get off before dark so you can play another round. Man, I miss summer.