• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your excuse for not playing today

Today. A volunteer is helping build a zip line canopy tour. He's supposed to show up at 7, he calls at 8 saying there's a train. The train broke a coupling and won't be moving for a few hours, tosses me the tools, jumps the train and we get to work, I'm supposed to work at the winery at 10, no dice so I hang out and build scaffolding until the train finally mobs at noon. Another late start at the winery, another late night.. I'll still get some putts in my putting gym, and I'll get a round in tomorrow in the blizzard! Our first storm labeled as such this year.

I haven't been out for the last month due to this insane weather and living in Chicago. I was curious, and maybe this would be a good thing to do with this thread as well, as to what to do to help get back into the game when I do go out. I am doing some towel exercises now but what else can help ease me back in? I am worried it's going to be plain awful when I go back out.

I enjoy dg but enjoy my job and family as well so my passion for my work, family and friends overshadows my hobbies. I rarely discuss my career with others but discuss dg frequently at clients because they usually ask what I do on weekends if I am not in Charleston. It has been around 80 degrees the past couple of days but I have worked inside instead of practicing because I love my job and do not get to be home much except for this time of year.

Going to the park for the first time this year! Much of the snow has melted and the sun is shining. It might be a bit muddy but the ground looks somewhat dry. My winter excuse for no dg is finally coming to an end! Hooray!

First throw of the season :D

Going to the park for the first time this year! Much of the snow has melted and the sun is shining. It might be a bit muddy but the ground looks somewhat dry. My winter excuse for no dg is finally coming to an end! Hooray!

First throw of the season :D

Griggs is likely flooded. Flat Rocks is having a tourney. Hoover will be a muddy mess. Simsbury and Lobdell should be decent. Blendon will probably be muddy and crowded. Alum might be on the verge of flooding, not too sure. Good luck out there.

After a month or two of very occasional, mild shoulder pain, things escalated last weekend. I think it's an unfortunate combination of some new exercises, 54+ holes last Sunday, and one too many thumbers. It's a huge bummer to have to take a break as my game has really been improving as of late, but I don't want this to become a worse problem than it is. So I'm going to be taking it easy for the next week or two and see how I feel from there.

Fingers crossed that this is only a minor blip.

Griggs is likely flooded. Flat Rocks is having a tourney. Hoover will be a muddy mess. Simsbury and Lobdell should be decent. Blendon will probably be muddy and crowded. Alum might be on the verge of flooding, not too sure. Good luck out there.
Hehe thanks! Actually ended up going to Evans Park as it is just across the way from me. I am actually east of Columbus and Evans is the nearest park that has baskets. Can't wait until it warms up and I can play Hoover, though! I'm itching to throw Simsbury as well.