• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your Favorite Basket

I've played about all of 'em, and the Gateway Titans reign supreme.

Serious question for those who said DGA's or Innova: Have you played on a course that had Titans?

Until 2014, I hadn't. They simply aren't on nearly as many courses as Mach III's, Mach V's , ChainStars or DisCatchers... there's a decent chance a lot of players have never played on them.

You can't recommend what you don't know. :\

Blue Chainstars, hands down! I'm surprised none has mentioned them.

In my limited experience, I prefer Chainstars, by far.
The worst? Single-chain Discatchers.

I'm surprised with all the Titan love. They are my least favorite of the usual suspects. First putt ever hit dead center and was flat out rejected. That theme continues.
imagesCANV4ILY.jpg

Chainstar
picture.php

I like how the chains sag lower and wider into the basket than the Mach V or Kingpin. But I like those baskets very much also! :)

Once I played a course with these Foxy Stouts. Very impressive
picture.php

Titans are great, definitely built for the long haul. I've only played on them a handful of times though. My favorite would have to be the Mach V.

Guess I should pay more attention. Can't say I ever played a round and been in awe of any of the baskets lol...

They all work (sometimes) it seems so really is there one that TRULY is better?! VS everyone spewing their personal favorites?

Guess I should pay more attention. Can't say I ever played a round and been in awe of any of the baskets lol...

They all work (sometimes) it seems so really is there one that TRULY is better?! VS everyone spewing their personal favorites?

Paying attention to Basket details is important. As is distance, wind, elevation. The more mindful one is to all these variables, the better the putting performance :) Get it together dog!

Well I cant imagine changing how you putt, due X,Y or Z basket designs?

Then again I don't blame the baskets for a missed putt either lol.

Well I cant imagine changing how you putt, due X,Y or Z basket designs?

Then again I don't blame the baskets for a missed putt either lol.

I know not to go low on Mach lll, cause there likely could be a spit out. Where as I can get away with it on Chainstars, due to the low hanging fruit. In some situations it matters.It's all in the details ;)

Once I played a course with these Foxy Stouts. Very impressive
picture.php

Looks like the Titans I've played on. Never even heard of Foxy Stout - sounds like a micro brew.
... perhaps manufactured by the same company making Titans, but marketed under a different name? :confused: After all, DGA and Chainsatrs come from the same source.

Have to admit that powder coated ChainStars would be nice but I've never seen 'em... and I live in Disccraft's back yard.

Last edited:
Looks like the Titans I've played on. Never even heard of Foxy Stout - sounds like a micro brew.
... perhaps manufactured by the same company making Titans, but marketed under a different name? :confused: After all, DGA and Chainsatrs come from the same source.

Have to admit that powder coated ChainStars would be nice but I've never seen 'em... and I live in Disccraft's back yard.

Those are Titans.
Foxy Stout is a Ric Mayall thing I stole. I would drink that Brew also :)

Ann Arbor was awesome!

Basket type makes a big difference. There have been so many putts on Chainstars that were a bit right of center that feel like the chains just yanked the disc out of the air and swallowed it. That definitely wouldn't have happened on my local course - which I just found out what baskets they are - Lightning DB-5's. They're good, but can be a little more iffy on the left/right of center putts.

Latest posts