• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Your favorite disc(s) that you DON'T bag

Wow, that's pretty cool. But the Pro D is far better than the ESP. If they only went premium, that's a shame.

Wait, I think you got that switched...They did go premium, and currently don't have a base plastic, like Pro D.

I've divested somewhat, but still have a number of collectible Spiders from the FR/Pro-Line/PFN era. They are great throwers, but Rocs have slowly taken over a lot of my mid-range slots.

Ontario Champ Rhynos -- Again, a stash of rare plastic in thrower condition. These days I prefer star and soft pro Rhynos because they are grippier but still very nicely OS.

Then there's the Speed 13 stuff that I don't throw any more, with Wraiths and Destroyers taking over these slots...

I have a horde of early run Champ Bosses that are flat and awesome max D discs into a head wind, or for big downhill shots, or really for general stable/OS duty once they've seasoned in a bit.

Also, a decent stack of domey star Vulcans that were the perfect flippy compliment to those Bosses back in the day.

Yeah I think "tweaked Destroyer" is about right. Looks like the same wing to me (with some of the same variations in that wing from one run to the next). But just a little deeper, which implies a different top/bottom (unless they do something during cooling to achieve this). Great flyer though if you've got the arm for them. I do on my good days, but not quite consistently enough for me to bag them. GStar Destroyers are just enough more controllable for my arm to keep that spot.

I brought up the measurement issue and I was told that it was just measurement inconsistencies.

I would love to know the full story.

Star Leopard 3 - Big Z Mantis goes further
Champion Leopard - A great mold I wish I had better use for
Classic Truth - Not enough difference from my ESP Buzzz
Lucid Verdict - Just don't use an OS Mid enough

Favorite discs that I don't bag, but have in the past:

comet, challenger, teebird, sidewinder, tern, pd, leopard.

I go through too many lineups, honestly.

11x KC Pro Whippet - Loved the disc and loved the KC plastic but then I found firebirds and never looked back.
Cro - This was my roc before I knew what a roc was
Sword - the Best *D replacement in my eyes

Buzzz: I like my Truth just a teeny bit more.
Teebird and Striker: My Volts seem a little longer than the Teebird and more dependable than the Striker.

Starfire - always loved this disc, oddly I just don't bag it anymore - other discs kinda fit the spot - the best was a worked in Starfire, Control driver for the ages once it beat into some turn

Orc - Same with the Starfire, great disc but I have a Cd or Wrath that fit this spot,

Zone - great disc, but harps are my jam

Valkyrie!!!! - I still bag one occasionally but not as much as I used to. Valk is such a great disc

Thrasher - newer disc, I used it when I picked one up. I parked like 4 holes in a row with it, nice disc, but it wasn't fast/far enough to be a max D disc but it was Too much of a driver to be a control disc/fairway disc. So I just don't use it....but I may toss it in for fun at times, nice overall slightly understable driver

DDX - I actually would still be throwing it but I was lost and I had a bunch of Terns as backups so, Terns for now, but eventually will replace with DDx

Mako - one I almost forgot, it was one of my absolute favorites, but don't use anymore since I have the Proxy/Envy combo or Atom x 2 combo

Aviar, Magnet, Wizard, Ion, Ridge, PA1, Omega AP, APX, Mako3, Aurora MS, Cobra, Panther, Flying Squirrel, Hornet, Zombee, Leopard, XL, TL, TeeBird, Blaze, EXP1, Xtra, JLS, Heat, Apache, Wildcat, Pro Starfire, Orion LF, Orion LS, Roadrunner...

Basically everything. Except a Wolf. :|

I love the Axiom Crave. But it simply was too much of an overlap with the QJLS/Z-Cyclone long/short setup I use for my Fairways.

The Crave had the unfortunate distinction of only being slightly better than the disc I am most comfortable throwing - Cyclone.

I bagged a Gstar Mamba for a while and it was a great hyzer-flip driver for me. Now bag a Lucid Renegade in that slot as it's longer and less touchy than the Mamba.

Also enjoyed the Innova mids for a while (Roc/Roc3, Mako3, Stingray), but find my current lineup more consistent - Verdict, Emac Truth, Meteor.

My Shrykes are taking most drives away from my Terns now and sadly that will probably be a permanent change soon.

My Bandits were flying as far or further than anything else in my bag. So I'll say the Bandit is my favorite disc that I didn't used to bag but I do now. Pairs perfectly with my Alphas and I think I actually like the Bandit more than the recycled Falchion.

Now the recycled Falchion is another favorite disc that I don't bag.

Shark - Really liked this disc when I started and bagged it occasionally till I sold it. May or may not pick up another one.
Mako3 - May be bagging this one again as I constantly find myself wishing I had it.
Leopard - Rivers have taken over for this slot but I do like a good champ leopard
Bolt - Farthest disc I ever threw (besides an aerobie) but too unpredictable. Still one of my favorites though.
Valkyrie - Was my go to fairway/distance driver for a long time before I branched out.
Cyclone - Very unique disc, kind of mid kind of fairway kind of distance. If you have bagged one you will know what I mean.

Harp-Loved it but got a Jokeri and bag it instead. More durable plastic, forehands a little easier/better for me.
Thief-Threw it for a long time but got a Pipeline. Distance is about the same but Pipeline handles wind and OAT a little better.
Valkyrie-Started throwing Saints and have never looked back.
Spike-Love this putter. If they made it in premium plastic, I would still throw it. Might be hard to make the thumb pads in premium though so maybe that's why they haven't done it.
River-Still bag one but mostly throw FD now. FD for me is just a shade shorter maybe but more forgiving to throw.
Leopard-Never really bonded with it. Got an Archer which is maybe my most thrown disc outside of my putter.

Envy: This was sad for me to take out of my bag. I love this mold and would recommend it to anyone, but my super beat Zone does the same thing and I like the feel of it for forehands ever so slightly better. If I ever lost that Zone, the Envy will go back in to replace it and I keep a couple as backups for that very reason.

Volt: I have only thrown my buddy's Plasma, but I love it when I do. If I did not have Thunderbirds I love, this would be in that spot.

Teebird: Replaced by Rivals, but could go back to it if I somehow lost all of the Rivals

Patriot: I throw a beat Rival and Bio Thief to cover the spot where I would need this, but great disc

Mako3: Beat Roc3 and Comet do the same things and I like the feel better