• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2011 Goals

Goals for 2011

1 - Shoot a 1000 rated round
2 - Get my rating over 950
3 - Be extremely confident from 20'
4 - Be confident from 30'
5 - Win a tournament in Advanced
6 - Qualify for Am Worlds
7 - Teach 3 new people how to play.

I achieved one, possibly three of my goals this weekend (I have to wait for official ratings).

I won a C-tier event on Saturday, possibly shot a 1000 rated round the first round and a 990 the second round. (Goals 1, 2, and 5)

My goals :

- Enjoy golfing
- Get my 880 rating ( tournaments were a realy bad place for me this year ) up to the 940-950 level i normaly play at
- improve my level :)

- Driving. Distance AND accuracy. All needs work.
- get more comfortable with putting.

Hey I did all these :D

Rating is now at 965.

The rest is too vague to comment on. But I fell like i improved and I enjoyed the year, so I'd give it a fat thumbs up. :thmbup:

Now where is the goals for 2012 thread ?

2. Get teebirds to at least 350
3. Automatic putting within 20 feet
4. Decent forehand that can go at least 200 feet
5. Hit up some tournaments/ace races
6. Break par at my home course (so far I've only ever shot 54, so I'm close to that)

2. done and how. no longer throwing teebirds, but eagles and leopards are going 400-420' when I do everything right. consistency isn't there yet and I probably would push an eagle 400' max in an actual round
3. well I switched up my putting style so things are a little fuxxed right now, but this will probably come it the next month or so when I figure out this push putt thing.
4. hell yeah, 300' clean sidearm with fairways, and I can get mids almost as far.
5. not yet, haven't really felt the need to. I want to be confident when I start competing in tournaments, and only just now has my driving been controllable. but I have switched up my putting and driving to different styles and I am not comfortable with either yet. maybe next year.
6. lol, best score is now -8, and that is an a thousand rated round

winter 2011-2012 goals (no particular order) :

1. 350' sidearm with fairway drivers
2. $$$ from 25' and in
3. hell why not try to add more D, but focus more on control. get all backhand shots (with basic experience in rollers) in the bag
4. play tourny if confident
5. stick with push putting and dont change putting style every week

2011 was a hella successful year hopefully 2012 will be great

Play at least 3-4 sanctioned events - played 3 and have 1-2 more to go
Play every local non-sanctioned event - done so far
Have the new course in town get a timeline and finish the design - design done, the rest is still yet to come.
Regularly throw 400+ BH and get back to 450+ FH - BH goal met, FH goal not quite there
Expand my putting confidence circle to 25-30 feet. - only happened one tournament so far. Still work to do here.
Pull my rating up at least 15 points - moved from 939ish to 968. Done
Defend my title at Duos in the Desert - couldn't play it this year
Ace the only two holes at my local 9 hole course I haven't aced yet. - still havent made it happen.

w

Goals I didn't write
Move up to Open - Done and made last cash in my first event
Get sponsored- didn't expect but HyzerBomb made it happen
Won 2 unsanctioned events
Placed above my main competitor at every sanctioned event this year and at all but one unsanctioned.

My goals for 2011:
30 states played (currently 21, will be 25 by the end of 2010)
500 courses played and reviewed (currently 350, probably 370ish by the end of 2010)
Play in 10 sanctioned events (6 this year)
Rating up to 920 (903 now)
5 Travel Tag exchanges (2011 tag came in the mail)

Progress: (I'd say I did pretty well :))
38 states and 2 provinces, 15 of those new in 2011.
532 courses played, ~160 new in 2011.
497 reviews, I should catch up over the winter.
8 sanctioned events in 2011, didn't quite meet this one.
Rating up to 932.
8 travel tag swaps in 2011

Last edited:
1 - Rating over 970
2 - Top 20 at Am Nats
3 - Cash in at least two pro events (after Am Nats)
4 - Reduce the number of discs I normally carry by 20%

1- Fail.....my rating sucks
2- Fail.....finished middle of the pack, playing poorly by my standards
3- Fail.....Took 3rd in an unsanctioned, taking home $120, but that was it
4- Success.....Usually I only carry a couple drivers over speed 9. I easily have the arm for them, but I just hate them.

2011 Goals:

1. Win BG Ams. (Failed, 25th or so place)
2. Win CAC. (Failed, took 2nd place)
3. Win Am Nats (couldn't go)
4. Win Am Worlds (Failed, 4th place)

1. Win and open tourney - didn't succeed, 2nd twice
2. Get rating over 950 - got to 951
3. Win a distance competition - got this one, threw down hill, no official measurement
4. Throw 1000+ rated round - got 999, robbed by one point
5. Throw over 400' - consistent at this distance, longest throw lazer'd at 461'

Career
1. Be a 1000+ rated
2. Win a major tourney in my division (whatever it is at the time).
3. Be a much better putter in the circle (this is the case for everyone)
4. Learn to throw longer and more controlled
5. Throw over 500'
6. Be as good forehand as my backhand
7. Learn to throw left-handed
8. Travel the country and play more courses as well as over the pond.

All I can't think of at the moment. Been thinking of my goals for 2012, but that may be another thread later. Kind of the off season for me, so I need to look at my year in review and think about what really needs improvement.

I totally forgot about these goals until I saw the 2012 goals thread. I'm glad to see I hit them all.

- Break 60 at Cranberry Valley (home course) I hit 60 four times and 59 once
- Play a bogey-free round Pleasant Hill on Dec 10
- Qualify for Maine Players Championship in AM2 (rank in the top half during the MPT) Easily, just played a lot of events.

Bonus: I got my first ace this year!

1. Throw above my rating every tournament round
2. Don't miss from inside 20'
3. Top 400' consistently
4. Be 930 by years end
5. Cash in over half the tournaments I play in
6. Qualify for US Ams

Those are in order of importance to me

1. Not even close. Goal for next year.
2. Achieved. Next year is the entire circle plus some.
3. Achieved.
4. Not even close. Rough year mentally. Goal for next year.
5. Not even close. Cashed in 1 of 19 tournaments. Rough year mentally.
6. Achieved. Also one upped it by getting in and playing the USDGC. Goal for next year as well.

One of my big goals is to actually play a course in the state where I live! I've played in West Virginia, Kentucky, and Virginia, and will be playing in Florida over Christmas, but I've never actually played a round in Ohio.

My other goals:

-Throw a sub-par round at Armco Park.
-Throw a sub-par round at Rotary Park.
-Play at least five courses on my wishlist.
-Play in at least one tournament.
-Increase my accurate distance. I can muscle a Leopard beyond 325', but I have no idea where it will be going with any certainty.
Didn't do so well on these:
Made the big goal at the top when I played Pike Lake and OU Chillicothe this year.
No sub-par rounds yet, but I'm close.
I've played five on my wishlist, but added a bunch to it.
Played in my one tournament. We won't talk about how I did ...
My accuracy is a little better, but I'm still not where I want to be as far as distance goes. I THINK I know the problem, though ...

Ouch . . . I set the bar pretty high and didn't finish much of my goals . . . this year was more about work than working on disc golf . . . sure I played a lot but it wasn't a lot of practice time so I hope 2012 goes better.

1) Win an Intermediate PDGA tourney (The best I finished was 2nd (got into a 4 hole playoff against a 920 rated player and lost)
2) Raise my rating to at the very least 925-930 (next transmission I will be 913-915) with the ultimate goal to be ineligible for Intermediate (Failed miserably going from 915 to 908)
3) Design a course completely on my own and get it implemented (I have 2 places right now I am working on, both private property (one a ski hill and one a golf course).(I have installed baskets at three new courses in the area, assisted on a redesign at another course, but have not established anything further on my own).
4) Assist on at least 5 course designs and hopefully sell some DG course installations (SEE ABOVE)
5) Increase my putting accuracy to 9/10 from 20' and 7/10 from 30' and consistantly make 1 putt from outside the circle every 18 hole round at a minimum. Putting was probably the worst failure this year because I went through a couple of stretches of really poor form. Points to lack of time or desire for practice.
6) Maintain my average of at least 1 round per day. (Easily maintained an average of 1.22 rounds per day)
7) Raise my holes played per day average to over 18 holes (currently about 17.0). (Got the average up to 17.80 holes per day while maintaining a 19.13 holes per day average for 2011 alone)
8) Hit 300 courses played and reviewed (currently 213 played with only 2 unreviewed) (309 played 307 reviewed)

1. Field practice at least twice a month
2. Get BH distance to 300' consistently (250' now) I am close to achieving this one as of the past few days doing field work.
3. Get RHFH distance to 350' consistently (300' now)Did not achieve consistency with this...
4. Improve rollersSome improvement, but I did not spend as much time on this as I would've liked.
5. Play in at least 5 tournaments including 1 Ace Race (2 tournaments this year) This goal was achieved! I played in 5 tournaments (2 sanctioned and 1 unsanctioned), 1 Ace Race, and played in Leagues.
6. Get first ace When I wrote this goal down in a note book I wrote it as 3 aces... Either way, I achieved this goal in that I got exactly 3 aces. The first in July, the 2nd in August, and the 3rd in September.
7. Play at least 20 more courses This goal was achieved! I played 23 more courses and I'm now at 40 total.
8. Play in at least 2 more states This goal was also achieved! I added 3 states: Ohio, Florida, and Kentucky.

Met roughly half my goals!

Update: finally got the holes played per day over 18 . . . not bad only 9 days late from my goal at the beginning of the year . . .at least I did average about 19 holes per day during 2011.

2011 was only my first full year enjoying this sport so as far as goals go I didn't make but a few.

Play in at least one PDGA sanctioned tournament.
Dynamic Disc's Winter Warm Up

Consistently drive over 300'
I consistently park 315' holes with a Teebird.

Improve my form and technique to try and consistently drive 400' by the end of 2012.
I've already hit 400' multiple times in the past few months. Ready to make it a daily occurrence.