• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2011 Goals

Buy or make a practice basket. Just last night one of my kids asked if we could make one!
Play in more tournaments.
Try and shave 1 stroke off of my overall average.
play more new courses.
Play more new states.

Buy or make a practice basket. Just last night one of my kids asked if we could make one!
Play in more tournaments.
Try and shave 1 stroke off of my overall average.
play more new courses.
Play more new states.

Do youself a favor and buy a practice basket, like a real one, it will make a world of difference in your confidence knowing you are putting on baskets (on the course) that you are so in tune with in your practice. Homemade baskets should be used for travel and setting up in the park nd stuff, but that is just my opinion. I just need to add an inner set of chains to the discatcher I bought for $100 on craigslist for me to have a "real" practice basket

In order of importance to me:
[1] Miss no putts inside of 20 feet during tournaments
[2] Get my rating up to ~925
[3] Win a sanctioned tournament
[4] Place in top half of payout in an Advanced division
[5] Break 500 feet on flat ground

[1] is a goal that I decided during my last tournament this year. It costs me an about 5+ strokes in a given tournament. [2] won't be too hard if I can actually do [1]. [1] and [2] are the goals I really care about. [3], [4], and [5] are just things that would make me feel good about my progression.

Last edited:
Do youself a favor and buy a practice basket, like a real one, it will make a world of difference in your confidence knowing you are putting on baskets (on the course) that you are so in tune with in your practice. Homemade baskets should be used for travel and setting up in the park nd stuff, but that is just my opinion. I just need to add an inner set of chains to the discatcher I bought for $100 on craigslist for me to have a "real" practice basket

Thanks, It didn't occur to me to look for a used basket. I'll poke around and see what I can find.

Ah yes, course improvement type goals...

[1] Host a tourney for a fundraiser to support finishing of creek crossings at McHose Park in Boone
[2] Convince the Ames club to use some money to place trees/bushes on two of the holes at Carroll Marty DGC
[3] Help build a retaining wall for the new tee at Carroll Marty DGC

[1] Play more than I did this year
[2] Get a practice basket
[3] Get better with my mid-ranges
[4] Beat my DG "teacher" in a round

1. Become 95% plus from inside the circle again.

2. Let disc golf be fun period. Let the competitve part be whatever it ends up, just no longer worry about in any way. Play for the love of the sport, not the points. New philosophy is if I get too serious while playing, it's unorthodox shot time!

3. Create a second profile as a grammar policeman, and surpass A_P total postings by 2012 simply by correcting people spelling and sentence structure.

4. Skip doing the third goal, because of playing disc golf.

Several of my goals for the coming year are faint echoes of others posted already.

1. Improve my form.
2. Finish one of my 18-hole "home" courses at or below par.
3. Play at least 3 new courses.
4. Reach and break 300ft drives.
5. Obtain/build a basket and practice putting regularly.
6. Get at least 3 more friends hooked on the sport. :thmbup:

1. Pro-Par or better on my home course (the 500'+ holes are the ones that get me)
2. Get my stalker out to 325' consistently (and accurately)
3. Start a youth disc golf club, so my boys can play against somebody closer to their skill level.
4. Do Power 90 again, then P90M and on to P90X (ie get into shape)
5. Find some sort of patch that I can put on my arm that decreases this damned urge to keep buying plastic. ..

Get my bag in order before tourney season after trying new stuff this winter (making an effort to play a lot of tourneys this year)

Place in all tourneys i play in this year lol

Drain the newly full ace pot in leagues more than once this year (1 time last year)

Realize the difference in consistency and confidence with my putting and tricky approaches

Take my time before my shot more often and analyze all the variables and make sure im not just "close enough" and that it put me in a favorable position instead of having to deal with adversity as often as i have been lately

Beat the course during tourneys and not worrying about what my friends or people i wanna beat are doing