• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Texas State Championships NT

But brah, rules are such a buzzkill. Why can't we all just go out and chuck frisbees all day brah. Rules are like the man, man.

:|

You may go out and chuck all day under whatever rules -- or lack of rules -- you choose. However, hose of us who play in organized competition, need a set of rules to keep that competition fair.

aviar

Im pretty sure paul did something similar last year when Will beat him in a playoff. I think it was the memorial? Prodigy had a much smaller line of discs at that time and when will beat him on the playoff hole he said something to the extent that will won because he threw his firebird better. Then he makes the comment about the c teirs and now ricky's aviar. I dont dislike paul but if your gonna talk crap when you lose own it. Dont throw out their little backhanded compliments and then try to act like you didnt. He is the best player in the world. But if anybody doesnt believe its wasnt at least alittle sour grapes than they need to take their fanboy glasses off. Whether you like prodigy or not they have a large percentage of the best players in the world. Have they made mistakes along the way? Of course. How many 20 somethings you know that havent? I know prodigy players were supposed to have 100% prodigy by now but we are talking about a putter. The one disc in the back that is based more on how it feels in your hand than any other disc. Maybe ricky honestly tried to switch to a pa2 and wasnt comfortable with them yet. I dont like any of the prodigy putters myself either. I use a rhyno because i like the way it feels. Maybe when prodigy comes out with a beaded putter he will be able to make the trasition to a new putter. But if my job was disc golf and having a new putter putter i wasnt comfortable with was going to cost me tournaments then i wouldnt be so quick to switch either.

Btw saying these things doesnt make paul a bad guy. He's human. Im sure he hates to lose. Maybe more so than anyone else on tour. I dont want to crucify the guy for what he said but we stop trying to come up with excuses to make it seem like it wasnt a snarky comment? Whether people thing it was justified or not thats your opinion but to say it wasnt sour grapes is silly.

Btw the way i know my punctuation and grammar is poor. Hard to type on this phone..

Last edited:
I used to like paul before this. I can't respect someone that can't be straight forward about what point they are trying to make. Or someone who belittles and posts insulting references towards competitors via Facebook.

At least prodigy players will talk and interact with casual/lesser pros. Hell, they even hold clinics and have chosen young players to mentor. Do you know what McBeth does? Refuses to teach other players because he is still a "student of the game".

Btw, I only throw Innova because that's what works for me. Not a prodigy fan boy, but no longer a fan of Paul's. Seen him act like a little b on the course as well, throwing temper tantrums when he is losing. For a professional, he needs to learn how to act like one beyond his scorecard.

How is pointing out he used an Aviar this round belittling or insulting towards the competitor? The most you could say is he is stirring up controversy, which is frankly good for Prodigy and Innova.

Maybe you are talking about the not playing NT tournaments comment? Still not belittling to me, even though I think Paul is off base there.

This thread makes me sad because it's no longer about Texas States and when I keep seeing it pop up I click on it only to find more banter... Then I feel dumb.

But since I'm on the subject of Texas States, I still can't believe how well these guys play in the wind. The drives are one thing, but seeing how some of these guys separate themselves from the rest of the field simply because they can putt in the wind is just an eye opener. What wind?

I tried :eek:

But since I'm on the subject of Texas States, I still can't believe how well these guys play in the wind. The drives are one thing, but seeing how some of these guys separate themselves from the rest of the field simply because they can putt in the wind is just an eye opener. What wind?

Putting is basically what did Uli in. :\

Paul is about as classy as it gets.

I pretty much dislike everything about Prodigy, but they have 3 of the classiest guys on tour (GG, Paul and Cale).

The hate on him and for someone for being a friend of his is pretty crazy.

Paul is about as classy as it gets.

I pretty much dislike everything about Prodigy, but they have 3 of the classiest guys on tour (GG, Paul and Cale).

The hate on him and for someone for being a friend of his is pretty crazy.

Forgive him. He's a "works at disc golf" guy.

Putting is basically what did Uli in. :\

Yeah, it hurt watching him try that anhyzer putt against the wind. McBeth, Wysocki, and Roan all have a much more natural looking putt in the wind. It's amazing how much control they have over their discs. Really motivates me to do more wind putting practice and learn not to force anything.

Yeah, it hurt watching him try that anhyzer putt against the wind. McBeth, Wysocki, and Roan all have a much more natural looking putt in the wind. It's amazing how much control they have over their discs. Really motivates me to do more wind putting practice and learn not to force anything.

It amazes me that Roan can putt in even a slight breeze with that style. I don't know how he makes that work.

It amazes me that Roan can putt in even a slight breeze with that style. I don't know how he makes that work.

Lots and lots of practice. He stays with a buddy of mine sometimes during travel and all he's been doing for the past 6-7 months is drilling in that new putting style. His theory is to just lob the disc up with enough spin to keep it stable and enough power to just get to the basket. All he does in his free time is practice dropping putters into the basket.

But brah, rules are such a buzzkill. Why can't we all just go out and chuck frisbees all day brah. Rules are like the man, man.

:|

Rules are required of course, but saying he should get 2 strokes for not having factory ink is absurd. Same type of rule if a player tosses his disc back to his bag it counts as a stroke. Its just silly and makes no sense.

How does Paul's arse feel on your lips?

I'm starting to think your some sort of super troll but you haven't fully realized your powers yet and you still think your one of the good guys but you are starting to lose control over the evil thoughts you have suppressed for so long.

Did Paul hit your dog with a disc or something?

Wait, organicvoodoo is that you???

LOL