• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Tourney Videos

So is iron hill just the hardest course or the area or do you consider the best as well?

Iron Hill is the hardest anywhere . . . my "best" is going to be based upon my opinion which puts Nockamixon ahead of Iron Hill as the the "best" because of the location.

Iron Hill is the best tournament course in the area as it's layout makes it flow very well since the tees/baskets have appropriated distances between them and concrete tees are so much better than Nockamixon's mats.

Iron Hill's also my favorite course -- if it ever thaws out I'll actually get to play it again.

Great DGM video of the DDGC, would've loved to see more of their drives get clean just to see where they'd landed . ... so many times their drives were where I was OK being in 2.

Makes sense. I think the front 9 are unreal at iron hill and offer a bunch of different types of shots but the back 9 with the exception of 17 and 18 get a little repetitive.

Makes sense. I think the front 9 are unreal at iron hill and offer a bunch of different types of shots but the back 9 with the exception of 17 and 18 get a little repetitive.

I hear this a lot about Iron Hill -- 10's a unique drive to the course, 11 the "usual" IH drive, 12 - one of 2 drives in a row non-mutants can throw through the fairway, 13 the mirror of 7 - big downhill r to l, 14 reachable if you're not me, 15 - until this most recent video I didn't know there were 3 lanes . .. .they messed that basket up, I three that more than I four or five it and that's saying something, 16 is the first repeat of 11, 17's just cool stay right, and 18's 18.

The most unique part about IH's back are the three finishing baskets. If you get those three in 13 throws or less you've done something.

I liked the DGM video, but I'm guessing if you gave Ricky, Nikko, and Paul U. about 20 practice rounds they'd be in the low 60's.

Great break down. I have not played there enough to really know and agree it is hard and very challenging and would bet those guys would kill it if if was there home course. I thought the video was sweet and could only ask DGM to change where he shoots from sometimes. Maybe walk down the fairway and shot the hole a different way

Iron Hill looks amazing. Basically everything I love about disc golf wrapped up in 1 course.

Reminds me of Hidden Lake (MN) in a way. Although I think Hidden Lake ends up getting easier as you progress through the back 9.

Iron Hill looks like the crux is 17. I can't imagine how brutal that is mentally in a tournament round.

Iron Hill is definitely the hardest course I've played.

THe video reminds me a lot of a Kaposia style course here which given the layout will just straight wear you out if you aren't hitting the lines. Being from MN I can for sure appreciate a course like Iron Hill. If you are off, good luck.

THe video reminds me a lot of a Kaposia style course here which given the layout will just straight wear you out if you aren't hitting the lines. Being from MN I can for sure appreciate a course like Iron Hill. If you are off, good luck.

Wisconsin, Michigan, Minnesota all feature this style golf, probably even more than that really. I think the earlier comments on the Memorial courses being easier, given the open nature, should be referring this this style course as the point of comparison. I have to get out to Iron Hill.

Wisconsin, Michigan, Minnesota all feature this style golf, probably even more than that really. I think the earlier comments on the Memorial courses being easier, given the open nature, should be referring this this style course as the point of comparison. I have to get out to Iron Hill.

Yeah when I was making coments on the course it was easy to see the difference in style but was not at all cutting the difficulty. While I do enjoy the AZ kind of course (minus the water at FH) I really appreciate carving up a fairway with a few bombers in the mix and opportunities to "go for it" with high risk/reward.

I can think of many, many courses here locally which remind me of a "iron hill" style of play and also a few that give you the memorial feel so its not any of them are easier than the other at all but for sure one has a higher replay factor for me than the other.

There is something about watching your disc hit that perfect line down a wooded fairway which can never be replicated even by a ace in a wide open hole, which brings so much appreciation to disc flight and technique.

Last edited:
Iron Hill looks amazing. Basically everything I love about disc golf wrapped up in 1 course.

Reminds me of Hidden Lake (MN) in a way. Although I think Hidden Lake ends up getting easier as you progress through the back 9.

Iron Hill looks like the crux is 17. I can't imagine how brutal that is mentally in a tournament round.
^^^^
17 is the signature hole. And the course is mentally tough any time you play it. After hole 5 the course just gets harder and harder. For the pros that hit their lines, they make it looks easy. As an am even if you think you hit your line, or think you throw the perfect shot chances are it is off a little and then end ups in jail. Even in the video Paul was off and looked what happened.

Terry's coverage of the back 9 of the final round is finally up. You can really tell how much the players just stopped caring and were only throwing to get the tournament over with. This wasn't as apparent in Marty's video.

I'm glad to have as much video as possible. I do like that he was able to use two cameras so we get a shot from the tee and the basket on at least a couple holes, though not many.

The problem is the audio. On some holes there is no audio other than Terry's voice; really strange to see the chains bang and hear only static.

Also, all the audio is panned only to the right. At first I thought it was my speakers, so I tried headphones, and other audio, and it's definitely the video. All of the sound is completely on the right, with only static noise on the left.

And the drop-in putts....something I'm very glad Marty doesn't show, we just don't need to see them, it only adds time to the video and it really shows nothing, other than maybe some frustration from those players that show it.

I DO love seeing the extras though, which is how Terry can differentiate himself from Marty. Adding up the scorecards and the encouraging words from Roan, the interviews, and the check ceremony with Paul. These little tidbits are always welcome and a great centerpiece for what Terry does.

2014 Memorial via The Disc Golf Guy

Call it "resourceful" or call it "lazy" but this is exactly what I posted in The Memorial Tournament thread a few minutes ago. I felt it was very applicable here as well:

I almost never have the time to get onto boards like these and get caught up. In all honesty, I've only read the past 10 or so pages of this thread as it stands.

My real intentions are to THANK everyone that tuned in to watch any and all coverage. Marty and others work very hard to bring you action and as stated in countless places, "different strokes for different folks". Some people hate commentary, some people love it. Some people hate music while others think it's a must. Regardless of whatever style is put out, just know that it's a major labor of love to make it happen.

As for the "live broadcast" conversation - there are lots of rumors and some are right on, some are close, and some couldn't be any more incorrect. Let's just say that you WILL see live broadcasting of a number of events this year. They will be put on by me and the crew of people I've assembled. We certainly hope you look forward to that.

In the meantime - thank you for any and all support you've given me or my vlogs. The Memorial week included a number of things that I've never attempted before namely covering every single shot AND commentating while I did it. I apologize for the single channel of audio and as they say, "you live and you learn".

Thanks and look for a few big announcements to come from me soon!

Call it "resourceful" or call it "lazy" but this is exactly what I posted in The Memorial Tournament thread a few minutes ago. I felt it was very applicable here as well:

I almost never have the time to get onto boards like these and get caught up. In all honesty, I've only read the past 10 or so pages of this thread as it stands.

My real intentions are to THANK everyone that tuned in to watch any and all coverage. Marty and others work very hard to bring you action and as stated in countless places, "different strokes for different folks". Some people hate commentary, some people love it. Some people hate music while others think it's a must. Regardless of whatever style is put out, just know that it's a major labor of love to make it happen.

As for the "live broadcast" conversation - there are lots of rumors and some are right on, some are close, and some couldn't be any more incorrect. Let's just say that you WILL see live broadcasting of a number of events this year. They will be put on by me and the crew of people I've assembled. We certainly hope you look forward to that.

In the meantime - thank you for any and all support you've given me or my vlogs. The Memorial week included a number of things that I've never attempted before namely covering every single shot AND commentating while I did it. I apologize for the single channel of audio and as they say, "you live and you learn".

Keep doing what you're doing!

Assemble a crew of yourself, CCDG, and Marty and you've got yourself a team. Maybe fly in Juha for an allstar crew. Only problem is the live broadcast aspect

Let's just say that you WILL see live broadcasting of a number of events this year. They will be put on by me and the crew of people I've assembled. We certainly hope you look forward to that.
Good to hear!

Maybe its too soon to ask but... do you plan on charging?

If so, what kind of setup will you be using to assure dedicated bandwidth for broadcast? We all know how DGP.tv performed at many of the venues they choose to broadcast from. And they have/had a reasonable amount of capital to invest (purportedly) in infrastructure for live streaming.

I apologize for the single channel of audio and as they say, "you live and you learn".

You do, you have, and you will. Great video, the extra footage really shines a more insightful light outside of solely tourney shots.

I like the "labor of love" line. It truly is a lot of work to put together a quality video, especially of a tournament, and especially to do so under time restraints.

Good luck in the future and keep doing what you do.

What editing program are you in? That lav is mono channel, but what I do is duplicate the audio and (in Premiere Pro) drop the swap channel effect, or you can just manually pan to 100L on the duplicated track to even it out. Of course you'll have twice the output so check the db levels but...yeah that's what I have to do.

What editing program are you in? That lav is mono channel, but what I do is duplicate the audio and (in Premiere Pro) drop the swap channel effect, or you can just manually pan to 100L on the duplicated track to even it out. Of course you'll have twice the output so check the db levels but...yeah that's what I have to do.
Can also use the "fill left" or "fill right" effect depending on what channel the mono track ended up on.

Latest posts