• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Memorial Championship- NT

Driving range hole. The padding on the tree is amazing.

picture.php

Which hole is this?

I don't know whether to be stoked for Jake LaPutka or not. he made the super group with
Paul McBeth 1044 Rated
Ricky Wysoki 1041 Rated
and
Will Schusterick 1026 Rated.
Jake comes in with a solid Adv. Player rating of 968.

I don't know whether to be stoked for Jake LaPutka or not. he made the super group with
Paul McBeth 1044 Rated
Ricky Wysoki 1041 Rated
and

Sink or swim, we shall see.

Paul McBeth 1044 Rated
Ricky Wysoki 1041 Rated
and

Nothing intimidating about that. Sheesh.

Maybe shusterick should be intimidated, he's the only one without a title of world champion.

He is just waiting for every tournament to adopt USDGC rules.

In the mean time, he should be intimidated.

Then again, he did win the Memorial while sponsored by Prodigy but still playing with his old favorite discs.

Cool thanks. Any chance you have a shot of 7 from the teepad? We are interested how it looks.

I'm sorry, I don't. I can try to get one the next time I am out there, but I'm not sure when that will be.

I can tell you that the ceiling is rather low there, with a row of trees starting from the left and progressing forward towards a good sized hill on the right. The preferred shot there, if you are a righty, is a roller that curls out to the right around the hill roughly 400' out.

Last edited:
It bugs me that LaPutka made the 1st round Super Group card. Not to take away from his Am World title, but if you're going to cherry-pick a super group, why not make it a super group of established Pros? Seems like they were trying too hard to be creative and might tarnish, a bit, the watch-ability of first-round footage.

That's their traditional Super grouping. The USDGC does the same thing where the Am Worlds Champ is on the card with the previous USDGC winner.

I've just been informed that the two questionable teeboxes at Fiesta Lakes, including the one in the picture, have been "fixed". I haven't seen them myself, but I trust the source.

I didn't know LaPutka was the Am world champ. in that case I am stoked for him. That is a great perk. So it is the World Champ, World Am. Champ, US champ and Ricky. That is pretty rad.

I'll be watching the 12:42 card for a regional pro battle of East Coast v. West Coast:

Bobby Cowperthwait from my hometown of Norwalk, CT (and a McBeast killer from the 2013 GHDGO as spotlighted on DGM) v. Peter McBride of California and numerous appearances on CCDG.

I didn't know LaPutka was the Am world champ. in that case I am stoked for him. That is a great perk. So it is the World Champ, World Am. Champ, US champ and Ricky. That is pretty rad.

Ricky does kind of seem like the odd man out without a label. Japan Open Champ?

Less than a week away from the event and the caddie book is still not available. That's kind of a bummer. I know that Vista an FH stay pretty much the same but you'd think it would be ready to go by now.