• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Pro Worlds

Point taken. My wireless at home went out, and I didn't get to see that hole. I'll watch the next day coverage.

But twice in two tournaments isnt too shabby, considering the various situations he's gone to it -- backhand drives and approaches, forehand drives hyzer-anhyzer-approaches and one knee, etc.

Oh of course. Wasn't trying to come off like I was rudely correcting you, just adding context. I was shocked to see it turn so much. But you're right, he can do a ton with that disc.

Well, overstable putter/mid shots should be pretty routine anyways. Great consistency, yes, but doesnt feel like a great feat to me, with that kind of disc. If he was hitting 100% on lines with a turnover/hyzerflip disc at long distances, thats another thing. I must sound like a jackass but there you go :)

Last edited:
So..I enjoyed the FPO final 9 live stream on YouTube, then I watched the Masters final 5 streamed live on Facebook via the PDGA, then I watched the final 9 MPO live on Youtube. All without a hitch. Thank you to everyone who made this possible. :)

Congratulations to all the winners.
Thank you to all the people that made the event possible. Thank you for making it possible to watch the tournament even live!

It was nice to see Ricky be genuinely happy about his victory. I hope he didn't stop smiling yet. I also hope that Val gets her disc now. If not, she maybe should look around a bit.

It was nice to see Ricky be genuinely happy about his victory. I hope he didn't stop smiling yet. I also hope that Val gets her disc now. If not, she maybe should look around a bit.

It's kind of crappy that Val or Sarah C. don't have discs.

It's kind of crappy that Val or Sarah C. don't have discs.

I know Val, and maybe Sarah C. too, had a Tour Edition Champ TL, though they've been sold out for a while.

I believe Val will get a disc. I personally hope it's the TL, but whatever it is, I'll pick up one or two (as I did the Hannah Star Terns).

I watched a recent posting of the FPO Final 9, and it showed Paige Pierce hugging Val after the Island Hole, congratulating her. Very classy by Paige Pierce.

There is one other FPO player who could learn from Paige's action and sportsmanship (and certainly Val's). No names will be mentioned, but her initials are (C)atrina (A)llen....

Des Reading should be given a disc too for her championships a little while back in FPO. I have no clue what she bags tho

Des Reading should be given a disc too for her championships a little while back in FPO. I have no clue what she bags tho

We all know that Des throws Innova and I dont think she has ever had a signature disc ( I may be wrong on this though ) but she did have a tour series stamped Firebird a while back.

I was called the "Fire-chicken" stamp.

Val is awesome and I was excited to see her come out and put down the two farthest throwing FPO players. I would definitely be down to buy a 4X Val signature disc!

Last edited:
Super stoked for Val, she is a great representative for the sport and a professional in every sense of the word.

Also, 7 years between Word Titles...that's not dumb luck. Val's total game looked sharp, her mental focus was on and her jump putt looked more accurate than ever.

I couldn't remember many so I went back through the live scoring to check, Ricky had 2 bogies in the entire tournament before his smiley botched layup on the island hole in the finals. The next closest player I could find to that was Nikko with 4. This is insane to me, over 5.5 rounds Ricky had half as many bogies as the nearest competitor, Nikko, who had somewhere close to half as many as the nearest I could find to him.

I couldn't remember many so I went back through the live scoring to check, Ricky had 2 bogies in the entire tournament before his smiley botched layup on the island hole in the finals. The next closest player I could find to that was Nikko with 4. This is insane to me, over 5.5 rounds Ricky had half as many bogies as the nearest competitor, Nikko, who had somewhere close to half as many as the nearest I could find to him.
Seems like that indicates the hole pars were set too low in several cases?

Remember that the people we're talking about are the best in the world. Bogeys abound for the rest of the field.

^^^she does. I've never gotten to throw one, but they have the same ratings as PDs. An anyone confirm that they fly the same?

Latest posts