• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2018 Memorial Championship

I really loved Nate Doss's commentary. The nickname thing made me giggle every time. He started the broadcast with T-Mobile, snuck in a TMZ at one point and finally broke with Teapot I think. I cant remember which one. He just couldnt hold back the laughter. There was a teerex in there as well. I loved it.

Most jump putts are as questionable as the dreaded step putt. I don't know why everyone obsesses over the step putt and potential contact in front of the lie, when most jump putts have no supporting point behind the lie

Here's a still shot of Paige Pierce:

https://reddit.com/r/discgolf/comments/80os08/paige_pierce_wins_lvc_via_uncalled_foot_faults/

Watch Nikko's jump putt:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fVJdMvm1yaA

Is there any supporting point behind the lie when the disc is released? (Plenty of other players jump this way as well.)

Until all jump and step putts are disallowed, or a rule change adds language to clarify their legality in regards to the lie, I just can't argue about them anymore. It's a total gray area.

I agree, I've always said ok...you play your throw from your marker, but wait...you can step or jump, and actually release the disc 2-4ft PAST your mark? That is just....stupid for the sport.

I really loved Nate Doss's commentary.

I loved everything about Nate's commentary EXCEPT the t-isms, "weather by Nate Doss", "beautiful hair", etc, etc. yah..I know alot of people like that style of commentary, kind of like the CCDG guys style, etc, etc, and I know I'm in the minority.. just waiting for the "Jim Nantz" of disc golf to show up. ;) Otherwise...stellar live coverage. Technically no stutters, no lag, for me what so ever and I'm on 15mb connection out in the country. Congrats to Simon and Eagle, you know their sponsor is like... #boom

Similar to shooting a 3 pointer and landing in front of or on the 3 point line. It's only to generate more power, no?

discetball ??? lol.. well.. it does say "golf" in our sport, so imop fwiw it seems silly to be able to throw past your mark in any capacity.

discetball ??? lol.. well.. it does say "golf" in our sport, so imop fwiw it seems silly to be able to throw past your mark in any capacity.

Was just making the comparison because you said stupid for the "sport" of disc golf. I love me some jump putts so I'm biased

I really loved Nate Doss's commentary. The nickname thing made me giggle every time. He started the broadcast with T-Mobile, snuck in a TMZ at one point and finally broke with Teapot I think. I cant remember which one. He just couldnt hold back the laughter. There was a teerex in there as well. I loved it.

My favorite was Sweet Tea . idk how he came up with so many on the spot, and used them so casually

I agree, I've always said ok...you play your throw from your marker, but wait...you can step or jump, and actually release the disc 2-4ft PAST your mark? That is just....stupid for the sport.
James Conrad has the step putt down though, he's 100% clean.

This. I really appreciate the effort to bring us live coverage. But I guess Jomez and CCDG spoiled us good...

I check in on the Crashboxxx from time to time, but yeah until live coverage is the same level as Jomez and CCDG then they will get my views.

Just watched round 2 of the Memorial on CCDG. Couple questions about Paul's gear:

1. Commentator said he was throwing the Firebird on at least one hole. I thought he took it out of his bag and was using FD3's instead? Innova pushing him to throw Innova only?

2. Noticed he was carrying a Grip. I thought Innova had their own backpack bags. I've seen some of them up close. Seem well made.

Again, with the greatest respect to the live coverage - will there be an edited down version of the final round?

1. Commentator said he was throwing the Firebird on at least one hole. I thought he took it out of his bag and was using FD3's instead? Innova pushing him to throw Innova only?

He started bagging a Firebird again very late in the season last year.

Latest posts