• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread

What? If you interacted with him irl, and he was a great guy, it still wouldnt change the fact that he is a terrible person. We have plenty of evidence of his character.

My point exactly.

How many of you casting aspersions have actually met Drew Gibson? Or Paul? Or Ricky? While I am not white knighting for any of them in particular, the hypocrisy of someone who will be so negative towards a person that they have never interacted with in real life is at best a total waste of time. Think about it. "I don't like (root against, etc) _______, because of their social media presence, or the way they reacted in a situation I have never (and likely will never) be in!"

Kettle, meet pot. You're on social media if you are posting here. You are exposing your largely unfounded opinions (and likely stupidity) to the masses. Could you be any more judgmental? This thread is a microcosm of our society. They both make me sick.

Now, if you have met the people you want to dish on, or are willing to have an intelligent discussion, carry on. The rest of you, get off my lawn.

Raises hand. Ricky and Paul could not be nicer. Rick is super quiet when playing, but total fun goofball off the course. Absolute beast at ping pong too. Paul likes to chat during the round, and will sign discs for fans until there aren't any left. Drew I would describe as more mercurial?

No way Ricky is going to Innova now that Nate is also promoted to team captain. DD needs a solid younger MPO player, perhaps that's the move. It would make sense, Ricky could still use his current bag. hmmm.....

He's not going to DD. All I hear is Innova.

Ok, so:

Paul McBeth: Innova -> Unknown (probably Discraft, though)
Ricky Wysocki: Latitude 64 -> Unknown (Innova speculated)
Paul Ulibarri: Prodigy -> Unknown (Discraft speculated)
Chris Dickerson: Prodigy -> Re-signed with Prodigy
Nate Sexton: Innova -> Re-signed with Innova
Kevin Jones: Prodiscus -> Unknown (Literally every company speculated)

Who am I missing?

KJ-USA is the biggest question for me. I'm 99% sure it's not DD or Innova. Cory and Brian are working on his announcement vid, but ****er won't tell me (smart man). That leaves me to believe it's not a company with a huge media department, and one we have a relationship with, (but I don't think it's MVP). That also means the deal is done. My guess is DC or Lat.

KJ-USA is the biggest question for me. I'm 99% sure it's not DD or Innova. Cory and Brian are working on his announcement vid, but ****er won't tell me (smart man). That leaves me to believe it's not a company with a huge media department, and one we have a relationship with, (but I don't think it's MVP). That also means the deal is done. My guess is DC or Lat.

You don't think Lat64 would have the DD crew do the media? I know they are different companies, but I thought they were very cozy when it came to working together?

You don't think Lat64 would have the DD crew do the media? I know they are different companies, but I thought they were very cozy when it came to working together?

Especially when it comes to team announcements. I believe I head that Robert McCall, essentially DD is charge of all three teams now.

58hka1sch2oz.png
HNTAHp2.png

What do I do with all this barf ? SO MUCH BARF

How much steam is there behind the Uli Discraft thing? Is his move as imminent as McBeth's?

I think (hope) Uli will be doing a lot more commentating this year and that is something that would be huge for Discraft.

Also, I really hope McBeth does a lot more commentating this year as well. I'm sure he'll be eager to let others in on what he's throwing and I just appreciate his insight over just about any one else's.

The last time I heard directly about Uli leaving was before someone posted it on this thread, in fact it was back at USDGC. I haven't spoken to him directly.

I do know that Uli has maintained a good relationship with the DC folks, IIRC he was still invited to team dinners after switching to Prodigy.

I personally kinda want him to go "home" - it seems like it would be a good career move for him in the new-look 2019 slate.

Correct me and excuse me if I'm off base, but how is the FPO pay issue a debate? Isn't their pay simply a function of how many competitors pay to play the tournament?? More women playing tourneys = more money, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As much as I want to editorialize and rant, it will open a huge can of worms that this thread won't be able to handle without splitting.

So I'll just simply say - the PDGA guideline stipulates that the required minimum added cash (varies by Tier level) + the entry fees must be proportionally dispensed according to the registration numbers, by division.

Every <insert currency denomination> above the minimum added cash may be directed as the TD sees fit.

I've heard rumors of Jerm and Brad Williams headed elsewhere as well.

Can confirm that Jerm has no intentions of leaving Innova. He's set.

You guys missed the joke. Tonya Hardin isn't a disc golfer, she was a figure skater who went to jail for having a competitor hit in the knee with a pipe.

I believe she told her ex-husband to "scare her" because Tonya got death threats via phone before a big competition. Tonya's ex went rogue and piped Nancy's knee.

Check out the movie "I, Tonya". It's a comedy, but they did it as close to the real story as possible. Tonya Harding definitely got painted in somewhat of an unfair light.

I don't even like figure skating, just thought it was interesting!

Latest posts