• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Tourney Vids

Love that hole 3 from the "Majestic 2019" . . .the hardest shot in discgolf. . straight with no fade

Looks easy but can get REALLY frustrating :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnUacAr7mXY

And on the other end of the spectrum...hole 8. A dinky little 165 foot dogleg with no realistic lane to the basket. The "safe" keep it in the fairway approach is 60 foot shot + 80 foot shot + 20 foot putt and even that is no guaranteed 3.

For the reputation this course has, that hole didn't seem to fit. And the middle 9 seemed like it was crammed a bit tightly together, especially the field leading to the "driving range" hole. I can see why when the DGPT was there, they pared it down to 18 holes rather than the full 27.

And on the other end of the spectrum...hole 8. A dinky little 165 foot dogleg with no realistic lane to the basket. The "safe" keep it in the fairway approach is 60 foot shot + 80 foot shot + 20 foot putt and even that is no guaranteed 3.

For the reputation this course has, that hole didn't seem to fit. And the middle 9 seemed like it was crammed a bit tightly together, especially the field leading to the "driving range" hole. I can see why when the DGPT was there, they pared it down to 18 holes rather than the full 27.

It seems that holes which offer a very small chance of success become favorites over time as players relish the memories of "that one time".

Panther Creek!

Man that course is so ridiculous... but in an awesome way.:D It makes my legs hurt just watching...

Its too bad Paul pulled out of this event. I really really wanted to see him play here.

^I guess I should warn everyone. 5 player card on that course makes for a long vid. Its 53min for just the front9

Here is a chart with the actual proportions, and where the throws of the players rated 950+ went last year.

attachment.php

Although the spray looks exactly like I would expect I still love this chart. Thanks for that.

Man that course is so ridiculous... but in an awesome way.:D It makes my legs hurt just watching...

Its too bad Paul pulled out of this event. I really really wanted to see him play here.

I played Panther Creek a few months ago, it's not that bad of a hike and the course was so gorgeous it was worth the hike.

Fingers crossed that we get coverage of 4-somes at the Mid-America Open this week.... I normally don't mind 5-some coverage, but the MAO is just... so many shots. I love love love the course, it looks incredible on video... but that 5-some finishing out coverage last year was a little slow.

Fingers crossed that we get coverage of 4-somes at the Mid-America Open this week.... I normally don't mind 5-some coverage, but the MAO is just... so many shots. I love love love the course, it looks incredible on video... but that 5-some finishing out coverage last year was a little slow.

Jomez announced last week that they aren't going to Mid America. Something about the jomez van being in the shop was the rumor going around on the chats over the weekend. Not sure if any of the other crews will be there.

Jomez announced last week that they aren't going to Mid America. Something about the jomez van being in the shop was the rumor going around on the chats over the weekend. Not sure if any of the other crews will be there.

I PMed the TD on FB, and he said MPO would be on video, but not FPO.

I was giving serious thought to grabbing my rig and laptop and mics and shooting some one-camera next-day FPO coverage with commentary, then I decided nah, F it, I'll just play. =D

Ow. Glad to hear the message from Nova though, some coverage is better than none as long as it's decent. (Which most is, my usual quibbling aside)

Here are the other Finnish Nationals videos that I know of:

R1 MPO feature card, by legendary lcgm8

R2 FPO lead card, by lcgm8

R3 MPO lead card F9 by Disc Golf Finland

R3 MPO lead card B9 by Disc Golf Finland

R4 MPO chase card F9 by Disc Golf Finland

R4 MPO chase card B9 by Disc Golf Finland

I PMed the TD on FB, and he said MPO would be on video, but not FPO.

I was giving serious thought to grabbing my rig and laptop and mics and shooting some one-camera next-day FPO coverage with commentary, then I decided nah, F it, I'll just play. =D
Any reports of who is uploading vids/when? Hope soon! Lazy Sunday!

Love that hole 3 from the "Majestic 2019" . . .the hardest shot in discgolf. . straight with no fade

Looks easy but can get REALLY frustrating :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnUacAr7mXY

theres a course with a 350 version of it and its tighter up north an hour away and i can name at least 5 other courses with that type of hole in mn its gimmicky now

i would argue whatever the hell that hole is at todd park in austin mn is 500ft and just as thin as brp #4 but it actually has a true punishing rough unlike brp where the rough isnt "rough"

the hole used to be worse it was like 120ft

some of those field holes at brp makes it drop a rating in my eyes they are boring as hell and seems to just get you to the other side of the field

brp rating is inflated but we all know this argument and its for another thread