• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 United States Disc Golf Championship Oct 2-5

I stop following dg for a few months and they start charging $10 for live feeds.. lol, I'll just show myself out again

I'm curious why you think that 10$ is too much to pay for a quality product. The Live Coverage is pretty good and part of it goes to EDGE. I don't see a problem. Quality footage costs money to produce. Hell, it's less than you would pay for 1 disc......

If you saw "Happy Thoughts" Nikko last night, you could tell he is trying to get his mind in the right place. And its working. Reminiscent of the "Heart Shirt" Nikko from GMC 3rd place. Hope he goes all the way. If not to the win, then at least 4 rounds of no meltdown.

So it wasnt meant to be....

Bring back angry Nikko then

You would hope that Innova et al put these top-tier dudes and dudettes on company health insurance, buuuut this IS the USA....

What a weird comment. Do you give your lawn mower health insurance? Contractors don't get insurance, it is on them to demand a price for their services that accommodates the cost of acquiring their own insurance.

First time viewing USDGC?

The old layout was familiar and we had gotten used to the ridiculous elements. When the old layout was new there was plenty of hate for the miles of rope.

I personally hate this layout, and I can't stand seeing ball golf greens on a disc golf course.

McBeast is tied with Brian Schweberger as of this moment.

May you live in interesting times.

The fact that Nikko has been in repeated violation of a non-subjective, easily quantifiable rule (30 seconds) for literally over a decade speaks volumes to the degree of rules enforcement in high end play.

It helps that Nikko is fun to look at. Makes 45 seconds seem like 15.

The quality of tgmhe stream is good, commentators are not overly repetitive and talk sense, Climo gives nice insights, drone footage, screen graphics, replays etc are all very good, I like most of the holes, there are some interesting players on the live card, but for some reason I don't feel the excitement like in some smashboxx streams. Weird. My current guess is that Jamie and Hannah are too similar, they both would benefit from someone more energetic like Terry which would make things sound more exciting.

Didn't watch but looking at the scores, Kevin Jones had a good round today. That had to feel good.
Obviously he's not gonna threaten the leaders (or perhaps even the people threatening the leaders), but I hope he finishes strong. He's just a the kind of guy who's easy to like.

The fact that Nikko has been in repeated violation of a non-subjective, easily quantifiable rule (30 seconds) for literally over a decade speaks volumes to the degree of rules enforcement in high end play.

The issue isn't this, it's the vagueness of the rule about distractions resetting the clock.

There is nothing that can't be a distraction. You could claim that the perfect stillness, quiet and lack of distractions are distracting and by the letter of the rule, that is perfectly acceptable.

One other thought - If Winthrop is like the vast majority of public higher education today, they are feeling the effects of a poor economy and reduced cash flow. Winthrop is probably banking on the money they get from hosting the USDGC, which is no small sum. Grouchy alumni are less concerning to a provost than the bottom line and cold hard cash.

Winthrop's operating budget is around $120,000,000. I really doubt this Innova money makes a difference at all to them.

Latest posts