• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2022 LWS Open @ Idlewild (Idlewild Open) July 8-10, 2022

I'm sorry to beat a dead horse, but good lord what is going on with Kona? Currently in 40th at Idlewild? I tried to to let it go and not comment after her horrendous showing at the USDGC, but how in the world is she proving to be worth $500k?

I tried not to put you on my ignore list, but when the vast majority of your posts are whining about Kona...Congratulations, you have joined OMD! :clap:

I had to chuckle when I saw Zack Arlinghaus on Jomez Rd1 feature card earlier today. I had watched him on the Lead card yesterday for the Charlie Vettiner Open played last weekend and when I saw that he was a lefty (myself) I thought "sure would be nice if Zach was to show up on the main tour one day" very few lefties on tour, and there he was surprising me on feature card a day later.

Zach throws forehand as a righty, only way I could throw a forehand and thought it didn't make since to learn. Now watching him a few rounds, he has me rethinking it.

I had to chuckle when I saw Zack Arlinghaus on Jomez Rd1 feature card earlier today. I had watched him on the Lead card yesterday for the Charlie Vettiner Open played last weekend and when I saw that he was a lefty (myself) I thought "sure would be nice if Zach was to show up on the main tour one day" very few lefties on tour, and there he was surprising me on feature card a day later.

Zach throws forehand as a righty, only way I could throw a forehand and thought it didn't make since to learn. Now watching him a few rounds, he has me rethinking it.

One thing I have wondered about Zach is he throws LHBH but RHFH--very similar shot shape. Does anyone know why he didn't learn RHBH or LFFH? Seems like that would be more beneficial. Not sure I have seen him throw either one but haven't watched too many of his holes. He throws LHBH turnover shots for the standard right to left hole. Since many courses still favor the RHBH player (Idlewild far less than most, actually I would say there are pretty evenly split but that is the exception), it is interesting he would learn shots with both arms that are very similar in shot shape.

Like myself, many people grew up playing baseball, and walking up to the tee it felt more familiar to throw backhand lefty because it feels like a batting stance, but threw forehand righty because the righty forehand is more like the baseball throw.

No plan, just sorta fell into it.
I haven't heard that from Zach, but it's the general pattern.

Learning to throw a lefty forehand, especially for distance, presents some profound challenges in that scenario.

Last edited:
She is laying an egg out there for sure.

It is fun to watch Isaac Robinson tear the place up today. Chris Dickerson is tearing it up also. I really enjoy watching technical disc golf like this.

Coverage has been sketchy in spots, especially in regards to sound, but seems like they resolved some of the issues today.

Isaac was my pick this year. I live scored for him 2 years ago. I still remember just hearing the bitching, moaning, on and on from the pros. Isaac was though was always a gentleman and became my favorite pro that day. Final day 1000 footer. The Second shot from him I still think it was the greatest thing i've ever seen when he parked it for eagle with a 500 foot sniper bullet. Dead straight, looked like 500 mph. I've seen allot of the top pros but i've never seen a disc fly like that. I'm glad to see him doing so well. I think he made allot of fans in this area.

...Does anyone know why he didn't learn RHBH or LFFH? .

I may be misremembering but I first played a doubles round with Zach when he was maybe 12 or 13 years old, and he was already better than me using three of the four options: LHBH, LHFH and RHFH. I am 99.5% RHBH, and my left is absolutely useless.

Oh, and ...Now, he's WAY better. :eek:

I tried not to put you on my ignore list, but when the vast majority of your posts are whining about Kona...Congratulations, you have joined OMD! :clap:

Just to confirm, you qouted/replied to a poster to tell them you're ignoring them now? Lulz

And it's amusing they still have her doing commentary given her game this year. Even she must be embarrassed.

Looks like you will get to see a Lefty on the Lead Card today, Chris Clemons made it. I'm pretty sure he throws LHFH, so take notes!! :D

Other than Cat in the lead, FPO kinda shaking things up a bit at Idlewild:

The younger Mandujano sister making moves.
Ohn saying "Who needs age protected divisions?"
And a Hot Goose punching above her weight.

Guess my post jinxed Alexis. :\

I had a blast as always doing the live scoring thing on Friday and was on a couple really good cards. I enjoy watching rounds cl

Morning, early round with Ohn Scoggins, Ellen Widboom, Raven Klein, and Lori Merriman.
Afternoon round with Brodie Smith, Isaac Robinson, Connor OReilly, and Tyler Horne.

Isaac had a beautiful round on Friday and then an even better round on Saturday. He was really carving it up out there with well placed shots and great distance.

Brodie gets a bit of flack from some, and I was even a bit suspicious when he decided to go the disc golf route, but seems like a good dude who's definitely putting in the work on his game. He's a skilled thrower of discs/frisbees. He gets my respect.

Time to watch the day's finale.

Cat is playing some good golf for sure, stats are showing pretty accurate drives and limiting the damage when taking OBs to just bogies (1st in scramble). Only one triple bogie so far for the weekend and no double bogies. No OBs so far for Rd3 (7 total from Rd 1 & 2).

Paige Pierce has double the OBs (14 total) and 4 Double/2 Triple bogies. Looks like her C2 putting aggressiveness is not paying dividends and maybe leaving her some tough comebackers affecting her C1 stats.

Julianna has taken 2x OBs on hole 16 Rd2 & 3 for her big numbers each round. Still averaging under 2 OB per round though! Minimizing OB out there is pretty key to scoring well when birdies are hard to come by.

I had a blast as always doing the live scoring thing on Friday and was on a couple really good cards. I enjoy watching rounds cl

Morning, early round with Ohn Scoggins, Ellen Widboom, Raven Klein, and Lori Merriman.
Afternoon round with Brodie Smith, Isaac Robinson, Connor OReilly, and Tyler Horne.

As great as the coverage is, whether you're live scoring, spotting, or you bought a spectators of pass... there's nothing like being right there to see the action with your own eyes.

For anyone who lives near a course that will be hosting a DGPT event, I urge you to consider volunteering. It's a very fulfilling way to get up close and personal with the players and watch the action.

So is Isaac able to hang on today, or does Dickerson or Buhr come back to win down the stretch? Idlewild is super challenging and hard to go wire to wire on.

Looks like Paul found his game. . nice start!.

In FPO is nice to see Alexis in the Top 5, sure shes happy about the year her sister has had but it must be nice to prove that she can make the top to

Looks like Paul found his game. . nice start!

Indeed, Paul "I ain't dead yet" McBeth seems to be remembering who he is. Can't imagine he's going to be a factor for the podium, but the game's always better when he's playing well and pushing the MPO field.

Robinson's having the kind of tournament where Buhr's just gotta say, "Dude's en fuego. Ain't nothing you can do about i t."

As great as the coverage is, whether you're live scoring, spotting, or you bought a spectators of pass... there's nothing like being right there to see the action with your own eyes.

For anyone who lives near a course that will be hosting a DGPT event, I urge you to consider volunteering. It's a very fulfilling way to get up close and personal with the players and watch the action.

I'll be coming down for the DGLO. Are you going to be volunteering?

Latest posts