• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

A successful disc return story

BrotherDave

Crushing on Zoe and Hating on Keegan
Diamond level trusted reviewer
I found a guy's ching roc under a tree, mailed it back to him without even suggesting any type of reward and today I got a crisp $20 from him in the mail today. Not trying to kick off another disc return debate, we all know where we stand, simply stating that doing a nice thing for people can be beneficial. Just thought I'd share the warm and fuzzies. :)

Simply awesome. I'd probably send some dough as well to make up for the 6 pack that I would've bought you.

I had a disc returned to me this sunday, followed the guy to three courses but had a great round and happily traded 5 bucks for my old friend!

It still amazes me why people do not put their name AND # on their discs. Odds are it will get returned if the finder knows the loser . . . and it may get returned if the phone # is present. I have found 12 discs int he last 4 days due to the melting snow. Not a single one had a name or a number. A few with initials but that is it.

It still amazes me why people do not put their name AND # on their discs. Odds are it will get returned if the finder knows the loser . . . and it may get returned if the phone # is present. I have found 12 discs int he last 4 days due to the melting snow. Not a single one had a name or a number. A few with initials but that is it.

Truth is mine was found on the other side of the park from where I lost it. PLUS i have a disc in my bag with a number + email that I have not called and need to WILL RIGHT NOW Lazyness + state of mind come end of round = no call few weeks now:doh:

i dont put my name on my discs because i want to feel the urgency of needing to find it, i only count on myself!

I have one for you. I found a 175 Champion Boss on hole #4 at Manor East Metro on Saturday. Since it wasn't my turn to throw yet and there was a name and number on it, I called the guy right there on the spot, incase he was still at the course. He thanked me for calling, but said he had lost that disc at Circle C over 4 months earlier and had already replaced it in his bag. Then kindly told me, do with it as you wish. I guess the person that found his disc originally decided there was no need to return it or even attempt to return it and kept it as his own only to loose it himself. As the saying goes, KARMA, what goes around, Comes around.

i try to write fun things on discs

like on the back of my raven i wrote NEVERMORE
and on some beat up disc i had i put a tally of water hits and tree hits on it.

I spent quite some time in the local water hazards of one of my home courses last year. Mainly because I don't like to loose plastic. All numbers called, many returned at events, the discs that were not inked and in decent plastic (read dye-able) got dyed and thrown in the bag, I don't ink them. I figure that if I found it and I lose it, then it was time somebody else got a chance with it. Since they are uniquely dyed they are "marked" for all to see.

The last few I bought I haven't inked either.

I found a guy's ching roc under a tree, mailed it back to him without even suggesting any type of reward and today I got a crisp $20 from him in the mail today. Not trying to kick off another disc return debate, we all know where we stand, simply stating that doing a nice thing for people can be beneficial. Just thought I'd share the warm and fuzzies. :)

Thats awesome dave, karma is a wonderful thing!! Rare but very cool. It gives me slight hope in humanity.

i dont put my name on my discs because i want to feel the urgency of needing to find it, i only count on myself!

I feel the same way. I initial some of my discs but most aren't marked at all.

Latest posts