• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ace Race Aces

Do they count or not?

• Yes

Votes: 51 49.0%
  • No

Votes: 53 51.0%

• Total voters
I think I voted no, but I'm thinking yes now. If it is the first throw from the tee I think it should count as an ace, whether or not it was a short hole made for an ace race. Think of it as an ace on a temp course, the temp course just happened to be really easy. I do think it would be okay to opt out of 1-5 club during an ace race though. Also, I think it should be clearly marked as an ace race ace on your disc, unless it was a real hole.

ONLY unless the ace is from a designated tee/basket combo as part of a regular course. In my instance, the ace race at Winter Park offers a mixed bag of temporary holes and holes played from the existing short tees. I would only count my ace from a regular short tee hole and designate it as such (i.e. 7S for SHORT TEE).

[WINTER PARK BACK IN THE TOP 10!!!!! Despite some bad reviews from people playing after the rain - what do you expect for footing on an extreme course after the rain????]