• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

AHHHH LEAGUE PLAYERS!

It's actually quite real, good sir. I'm newer to DGCR, so that's why the post count is low. And my limited number of replies is due to the fact I work 2 jobs and don't have a lot of spare time.

fair enough. when i saw the title immediately laughed and though, parody thread. just so many threads complaining about league players recently and on another forum ive long frequented, that type of thing would inevitably lead to a parody thread

I would just like to point out that since this thread is about cass benton, all of your guys "the leagues maintain, build, etc etc" amounts to bs.
Step off of your soap boxes b/c you know nothing of cass benton and how things run here.
Stryker, dave, and phil while all good guys never/dont even have the option for major projects. The county wont let them.
Trevor Rios, a casual, brought the green bench. Casuals rake and sweep. The leauge does nothing besides run league.

Dgcr elitists f off.

I had the same problem, only it was standing in line to get lunch in Junior High.

I doubt those bullies ended up being Disc golf League players, but you never know.

League players aren't douches any moreso than non league players. There are douches on both sides of the argument. A douche is gonna be a douche regardless of his or her league affiliation.

Early in my disc golfing I went to play a casual round at my home course. As I was walking up to the teebox for number one this self important douche came marching up to me saying, I shouldn't play here because of a league. He also told me I wouldn't have any fun because of the league. Pissed me off, but I took his advice and went to another course. Kind of left a bad taste in my mouth about the arrogant self importance and entitlement. This was a public park with no official course closure by the park.

Fast forward a couple years. After I got to meet several of the folks from the leagues, I eventually joined. Well this one douche who scared me off was just that, a douche. He had a way of irritating not only non league players, but also league folks. By the time I joined the league he no longer played, from what I gather kind of ostracized by his peers.

With several years under my belt now I've found very few douches in leagues or not in leagues. And to a small degree I can understand the so called douche baggery sometimes projected by league players. Week day leagues can be quite popular and with a large group trying to fit in an entire round particularly early or late in the season can be tough. Some folks have to leave work early and/or drive a long distance. And there can be quite a few dollars at stake.

Now on the plus side for Western NY, there are a plethora of good courses in relative proximity to one another, so its easy to avoid the leagues.

My advice to the non leaguers is find the league schedule and avoid the days/times/courses where the league is playing. Or join.

I would just like to point out that since this thread is about cass benton, all of your guys "the leagues maintain, build, etc etc" amounts to bs.
Step off of your soap boxes b/c you know nothing of cass benton and how things run here.
Stryker, dave, and phil while all good guys never/dont even have the option for major projects. The county wont let them.
Trevor Rios, a casual, brought the green bench. Casuals rake and sweep. The leauge does nothing besides run league.

Dgcr elitists f off.

Cass Benton is busy 24/7 and was overrun long ago; so, that makes this thread about courses that are entirely full almost all the time; which is still (fortunately) a fairly rare sub group. Cass was gorgeous when it first went in. Courses that are that full all the time, and beat up; have a different dynamic than the majority of courses; and everyone's tempers are a bit short when always being pushed from behind....

Casual players should give way to turny and even league players if you ask me. When your playing for money last thing you need is to have the flow of game disrupted. Most casual players I've noticed are taking 2 to 3 shots to our one throw. If I'm out playing casual then I would more then welcome you to play threw. I have on many occasions offered up advice and even played along with a younger player. But when your in a group backed up on another group who is backed up on another group No your not playing through. And how about those casuals who jump in a hole ahead of you then slows you down, oh wait are you that guy?

Casual players should give way to turny and even league players if you ask me. When your playing for money last thing you need is to have the flow of game disrupted. Most casual players I've noticed are taking 2 to 3 shots to our one throw. If I'm out playing casual then I would more then welcome you to play threw. I have on many occasions offered up advice and even played along with a younger player. But when your in a group backed up on another group who is backed up on another group No your not playing through. And how about those casuals who jump in a hole ahead of you then slows you down, oh wait are you that guy?

Yeah, casuals often take more total shots, but it's rare that they take nearly as much time on the tee or between shots, and they definitely never get out their stool and sit down mid-fairway. When I'm playing for money, I would much rather let a faster player through than have the pressure of someone waiting behind me on every hole. I also am aware that engaging in illegal gambling doesn't give me the right to ignore basic common courtesy, nor does it make my round any more important than that of any other person on the course.

Latest posts