• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Am Worlds 2012--Charlotte, NC

Is there a listing anywhere of the payout for the 2011 Am Worlds?

thanks

They payout the top 40 percent in disc dollars. I'm not sure what percentage of the entry fee goes toward payout and what goes to players packs and other amenities, but that's as close to a list as you'll get without knowing those percentages and exactly how many people enter into your specific division.

I'm really excited for what the Queen City will come up with for the 2012 Pro/Am Worlds :). Every time I play I think about it and talk about it. I'm definitely planning a trip down there again either this year or next.

I can say for sure that I will be sitting with my phone in hand or at my pc the moment registration goes public to secure my spot. :)

Sam Nicholson spoke at the closing ceremonies on Saturday - he said that 14 courses (yup, you heard that right) will be used for this combined Pro/Am worlds tourney. :eek:

Obviously not everybody will play every course - and I may have misunderstood but it seemed like he was saying 6 rounds of 18-holes were going to be played by all divisions. He didn't spend long on the actual format (I wouldn't expect them to have it finalized at this point anyway) and he moved onto why you should come to Charlotte 2012 - but it sounded real interesting.

I can tell you that if I'm not on the DVD crew filming it I'll be playing Am's for sure. :thmbup:

Its a shame everyone is only gonna get to play 3 courses at 2012 worlds....some divisions only 2!!!

Check out the local Charlotte forum...theres a tenative schedule.

All us poor MA1's won't even get to play some of their "famous" layouts.

If your gonna travel all the way to play in the World Championship, wouldn't you want to see more of what they have to offer, course wise?
If you feel your being jipped, as alot of folks will, jump on their message board and voice it

I live only 90 minutes away from Charlotte and once I realized that Am Worlds might sell out next year I decided to make sure I had enough points to qualify and not have to wait until it opens up for non-invitee's....

however at this point I don't even know if I want to play anymore...I would be playing Advanced. These courses that MA1 would be playing aren't even well known outside of Charlotte.

I would post my opinion on their message board but in the past if they don't agree with your opinion then they will just delete your post...

...I would post my opinion on their message board but in the past if they don't agree with your opinion then they will just delete your post...

Its all about presentation. If you wish to voice an opinion, all we ask is that it be done in a civil tone.

Its all about presentation. If you wish to voice an opinion, all we ask is that it be done in a civil tone.

It is not about presentation at all. It is about adhering to the message and information that has been approved to share. Ask about club financial information and watch how they treat you.

I guess I just don't understand why you (CDGC club leaders) get upset at paying dues members for voicing their opinions over the decisions being made by a select and secretive at best group, that also appears motivated by a larger disc golf company to do certain things. What I hear from the CDGC club leaders is that please come help and volunteer to build courses and whatever for us, but don't ask questions. It is obvious that the club has an expectation on it's members so why is it frowned upon to have an expectation of the club leaders to communicate and actively seek and use it's members opinions and such to better plan and organize things.

Kramer, can you identify the 2012 CDGC Worlds committee members and how it was chosen and such? I would like to be a member of this secret society.

Gotta be careful with Clubs individuals can get power hungry. Hell from what I hear they just put a new hole after #7 in Hickory :doh:.

I play adv masters. how many points will i need to qualify? It looks like there's 29 adv masters in the state can i be top 30% and also qualify. thanks

Gotta be careful with Clubs individuals can get power hungry. Hell from what I hear they just put a new hole after #7 in Hickory :doh:.

hey keep us out of this. We know Team Grey runs our stuff in Hickory. But I do see CDGC leaders being more defensive and close eared these days.

Looks like another case of top down decision making at it's worst (usdgc). Me and a group of guys were driving up from Folrida and renting a house, but if I'm only playing on two courses I will not go. Three Is ok if they are the three best in the area.

They better be giving out some sweet Sparkle Plastic, a fade bag and at least 250 dollars worth of swag. If they give me less than 250 dollars worth of swag i'm going to spit on those greedy aholes at CDGC who are out for nothing more than to make Innova Corporation tons of money! Hoarding their hundreds of dollars in membership fees, and taking all the profits from THEIR hours upon hours and months of prep and hard work! Never mind that it is in the best disc golf city in the world and will be an awesome experience, I gotta have them to cater to my own individual needs! Then i'm going to rip them apart on social media and message boards!

All honesty though i'll probably shake the hand of the greedy td and tell him thanks for coordinating such an awesome epic event, letting me meet hundreds of like minded individuals and giving me such awesome plastic. I'm sure i'll make the trip, but I have only played one PDGA event this year because of my jobs and sucked so I guess I got allot of work to do!

This is also a tournament, and a competition. It would be great to be able to play all the courses but driving around one after another is not going to happen. Having a chinese fire drill after each round is not just impractical it's impossible to execute, plus learning 6 courses would make my brain hurt and give a huge advantage for out of locals. Think you guys want to schedule a meet up vs a tournament!

Too bad advanced players wont be playing any of the AWESOME courses. Can anyone from the CDGC answer my question:
why are we only playing two, maybe three courses?
why aren't we playing any of the well known courses?

Heck we played 5 last year and 5 this year. Why the change?

No ill will here, just looking for answers.

Can speak for one issue a TD had with Idlewild, is that a tourney rd at idlewild is over 5 hrs long! Never played Renny or Hornets but heard that they were equal inthat aspect. Think those rounds for anyone but pros would be even longer therefore just from a time management standpoint impractical for lower grade players. Just my thought. Hence why they are also doing that this weekend with Morraine Park!!!!!!!! LOL

Putting together AM Worlds or any tournament of this caliber is a huge feat and requires lots of volunteers and man hours. We all appreciate what these people do and support them. With that said sometimes decisions are made without explanation and made without the stake holders(players,club members) being involved. When this occurs poor decisions may be made and it also is a put off to people who should have been in the loop. There may be a perfectly good reason for limiting the number of courses played and the TD should explain his rational. In addition by putting the reason out there will give members a chance to respond and maybe come up with a better solution.

Too bad advanced players wont be playing any of the AWESOME courses. Can anyone from the CDGC answer my question:
why are we only playing two, maybe three courses?
why aren't we playing any of the well known courses?

I am not in the know, but think about this reason why Open players should play the "best" courses.
They are the best players and have worked themselves up the ranks and therefore deserve to play the "best" courses (Although many top players do not consider Renny to be a top tournament course).

On a related note, they are the "Open" division meaning 2 things: They are not hiding from competition by age, gender, and skill protections; and anyone is open to join them if they want to play on their courses and head-to-head against them.

Consider this possibly just one part of the answer you are looking for since it does not address why MA1 cannot play those courses as well.

^^^ that's a good point. I'm a crappy Am who wants to play the good courses. Since I'm not planning on coming anywhere close to cashing in Am1, I might as well play pro open and not cash. What's the difference? I still get the 'worlds' experience, get to play the courses I want to, and bonus, get to hang out with pro players. Tho, this would surely piss off any pro in my group, especially if many Ams took that plan.