• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Any great gear / stories from father's day?

Timeetyo

Double Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Figured it was time to get this tread going:

So this was just hilarious, if only I had video I'd post it. So my wife was procrastinating a bit on my father's day gift and after I came home from the course yesterday she asked me if I wanted to order a few discs. Why of course....can't argue with that. Drone and Comet on the way as I wanted an OS mid and keep hearing that everyone needs to try a comet. I got to watch this exchange from the other room, it was great:

This morning my wife tells my son (9) who plays with me usually once a week that she ordered me some discs. He gets really excited and thought it was a great idea. Then he asks her what she ordered. "I don't know...does it matter?" "WHAT???? YES IT MATTERS!!!" He then literally face-palmed. "What color did you get?" "I don't know, I just picked one" "MOM - you can't do that. It has to be really bright. either pink or bright orange. That way when he throws it in the weeds we can find it. You should've told me I would've picked one out. He just lost 2 teebirds yesterday, we could've got one of those!" "Sorry, I didn't know" "You better not have ordered him a nuke - those are horrible"

Oh, it was great, I was dying laughing....and quite proud.

And to top it off - today my wife and son went with me to bag a new course. She played for about 1/2, but just great to have the family out and enjoying ourselves. :)

My kids got me a call of duty t shirt an a mario an donkey kong t shirt becuase I'm a video game collector. An then i find a discraft XS today great day

Last edited:
Three years ago, I asked my two sons for a father's day present ... take me out for a round of disc golf and teach me to play. Today, both were home for the weekend and we played a round. Perfect day with my two favorite partners.

My middle daughter sketched a very detailed Innova Chainstar basket and placed it in a nice frame for me. Very cool.

After dropping off my kids, I picked up my dad and we played 18 holes at Brent Hambrick. At 62, he still has some game.

Awesome :thmbup:

I'm not a dad, but I did shoot my best round ever today. And then my friend back in Michigan who is also a dad coincidentally shot his best round ever.

Had lunch with one daughter, and spoke with the other two who aren't nearby, spent a relaxing day with my wife, watched the Reds win for a change, then went out for an evening round and tied my personal best at Woodland Mound (seems to be contagious). Nice day. :p

Figured it was time to get this tread going:

So this was just hilarious, if only I had video I'd post it. So my wife was procrastinating a bit on my father's day gift and after I came home from the course yesterday she asked me if I wanted to order a few discs. Why of course....can't argue with that. Drone and Comet on the way as I wanted an OS mid and keep hearing that everyone needs to try a comet. I got to watch this exchange from the other room, it was great:

This morning my wife tells my son (9) who plays with me usually once a week that she ordered me some discs. He gets really excited and thought it was a great idea. Then he asks her what she ordered. "I don't know...does it matter?" "WHAT???? YES IT MATTERS!!!" He then literally face-palmed. "What color did you get?" "I don't know, I just picked one" "MOM - you can't do that. It has to be really bright. either pink or bright orange. That way when he throws it in the weeds we can find it. You should've told me I would've picked one out. He just lost 2 teebirds yesterday, we could've got one of those!" "Sorry, I didn't know" "You better not have ordered him a nuke - those are horrible"

Oh, it was great, I was dying laughing....and quite proud.

And to top it off - today my wife and son went with me to bag a new course. She played for about 1/2, but just great to have the family out and enjoying ourselves. :)

Awesome story, brother! You're training that boy of yours right. :thmbup:

No disc golf for me today....took my girls (ages 14 and 12) to the movie Maleficent for some bonding time with the ol' man. Good flick, actually. A nice twist (and a different perspective) from the original Snow White. Though somebody needs to take Angelina Jolie's skinny behind to Five Guys for a couple bacon cheeseburgers.

Happy Father's Day!

My middle daughter sketched a very detailed Innova DISCatcher basket and placed it in a nice frame for me. Very cool.

After dropping off my kids, I picked up my dad and we played 18 holes at Brent Hambrick. At 62, he still has some game.

Awesome :thmbup:

Had to fix that.

At 8AM.my son and I played a niner! He is 9 and told me 'I have the best times of my life when we go discing together!'

Later in the day I gave my daughter her first driving lesson. She did good and she was very happy today.

My son had to work all day but my daughter brought me to PIAS and bought me a brand new Saint. It was the 10th punch on my card so I got a 2nd brand new Saint. My joy must have showed because she seemed very happy as well. She even said she would play a round with me tomorrow.

Now if we can get the boy to go, too...

My wife got me the new Limited Edition - First run series Misselin from Latitude 64°, #752 of 999. I was very surprised as this was the first time she bought me a disc. Its "too pretty to throw" according to her, so I was shocked that she bought me a G Star Daedalus as well. And all this time, I thought she tuned me out when I started speaking about disc golf!

Didn't play today just hung out with my little girl and played around the house. Pretty great day anyway.

Yesterday though, I took my dad out for a round. He's 63 and comes out with me sometimes, but has a hard time with the OS discs I'm partial to.

So I got him a good beginner set; Sidewinder, Leopard, Stingray, Aviar and a Rubber Putter for kicks too. He threw a good round and ended up 10 over which is 8 better than his previous best. We had a great time and it was a fantastic day with the old man.

Since my son is 4, I invited my nephew who is 10 to go throw a quick round a the new 9 hole course in Lenexa, KS. He surprised the heck out of me when he struck a 35 ft putt. It was his first time playing as well!

Great day with no disc golf involved...

^^^This. I have a lot of days like this because having balance allows for it. I was able to spend a great day with my family on Sullivan's Island and out exploring Awendaw and McClellanville.

I too had a day of no DG, but hung around the house all day yesterday. The most strenuous thing I did all day yesterday was reach into the cooler and cook on the grill!
My youngest daughter bought me a package of new socks and the oldest stopped by and spent time with me and we all had a great dinner.

Kids took me to breakfast... nice to see my daughter after over a month (she just returned from a study abroad stint in New Zealand)... she brought me back a nice T-shirt. Played a round with my son, watched a little baseball... had a pretty relaxing day. :)

My 11-yr-old son can throw about 150ft. He and his sister were out for a Fathers Day round with me yesterday, and on a 250ft hole he chained out his approach from over 100 ft away. It would have been his first deuce on a real hole of any real distance. When the disc bounced off, he flung himself on the ground, moaning and groaning. I thought it was mock horror, initially. But actually it turned out he was totally devastated.
:) :thmbup: :hfive:

I played early in the morning. Played 2 rounds that were so-so, left the bag in the truck and took three discs. Driver was an Avenger, mid was a fuse, and putter was a Dagger. I had never thrown the Avenger until then, I carry the Fuse and pretty much don't like/use it, and the Dagger is in my bag and being auditioned for my circle putter.

Played a decent round with that trio. Shot 3 under my previous 2 rounds.That Avenger was bought to be my over-overstable experimental FH shot disc. That thing is stupid stable in my normal RHBH throw.

I was hoping to get my son out with me to play and he decided to pull an all-nighter Counterstrike marathon with his friends and went to bed at 6 a.m. Douche bag move on his part. I was excited about the thought of him actually playing with me...:\

Wen I left the course I left my phone on top of the truck, only to remember that as it flew off at 30 mph as I drove home. Saw it hit the road as I looked in the mirror and parts went flying. Pulled over and started to pick up parts as I backtracked...battery cover...keypad, caseback, main body stayed close to the centerline, and the battery was by the curb. I grabbed the parts ran back to the truck and when I got to the house reassembled the thing, a text, and a phone call all systems go. Now you wonder what kind of phone this was...a Nokia "go phone" that costs $30 that I have had for years. Almost indestructible and gets better signal than my family's I-Phones do, major battery life, and can only call and text...ahhh, the simple life!

Showered up, put on some boxers and a t-shirt, poured me a tall cold Monster over ice, vegged out on DGCR while I watched the final round of the U.S. Open.

Wife got me some new shorts for DG and a new shirt, my son got me a few cans of Monster and a big bag of Reese's Pieces ( E.T. phone home!), a card about being old and resting your eyes.

Finished the evening at my bro-in-laws for a family dinner. Good ole fried everything...fish, fries, hush-puppies, with sides of mac-n-cheese and corn on the cob and big glasses of SWEET tea to wash it down. I hardly eat fired food but, it is sure good when you do!

Last edited:

Latest posts