• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anyone ever get whacked by a disc?

I witnessed several horrific Disc-Human incursions at Cold Brook Park's old layout (near Kalamazoo, MI, which existed up until the redesign for 2008 worlds). That place was a mess in those days. One guy had a bloodied head, another was hit in the abdomen at a tournament while waiting on a tee that was situated pretty close to where drives would go screaming by and I think he took a trip the the hospital for a checkup. A friend in my group was nailed on another infamous spot in a casual round.

The redesign of the course has made it much, much better. One of my favorites now.

My friend has hit me a total of 11 times now... fortunately it's only when he's in the putting area. He's putted at my head 3-4 times and hit me everywhere else except my nuts. Any time I play with him getting hit is no longer a shock (though I still get pissed nonetheless).

Ever heard of moving out of someone's throwing line?
:\

Ever heard of moving out of someone's throwing line?
:\

I don't get hit when it's his 1st disc thrown.......but then he throws however many more sometimes and it's right when I'm going to go make my toss. Aside from that he dicks around too sometimes and that doesn't end well for me. I never stand in the way of someone's line (at least for their first and initial shot..which should have been his only line thrown). Trust me, I'm not that dumb

I've been hit a few times, worst was full tilt wild throw from a friend (not a player thankfully) in the side of the head with a champ wraith. I am glad he doesn't have much power. Recently hit by a girl learning to throw, slipped out of her hand and all I saw was a flash of blue before I got whalloped in the chest. not even sure what the disc was, but she did get it off fairly flat. :) I usually get hit during glow rounds since thats just a fun free-for-all with the people I play with.

I hit a guy in the arm during a distance competition during CCR Open 2012. I can normally get a disc out to around 500' So it was cooking. He was walking to retreive some of his drives and I turned one over to much and hit him above the elbow about 250ft out. No cuts, Large bruise and swelling though. Me and 20 others were yelling fore, no response. Sorry dude. Disc was Blizzard Boss.

OMG i watched this and the guy was on my card next day... lots of ibuprofen and bruising for that guy haha

A few close calls: There's a guy who plays in Nashville at 7oaks all the time named steve. Nice guy. Unless you throw in on him while he's playing. I was in his group when a disc came from the teepad (on our hole) and landed about 10 feet behind him. He picks up the disc and throws it across the adjacent street into some woods, which for some reason mystified the thrower. Now we've got player on teepad running towards steve, angry about his disc being thrown o.b.(possibly for good). Steve sees the guy running at him and takes off running so as to speed up their imminent confrontation. Needless to say, a few of us stepped in to corral him and prevent the pummeling of captain clueless, but it made for an exciting few moments on the course, and after that I always felt safe playing in his group. There is a fenced in playground behind the teepad on hole 1 at seymour lake, oxford michigan. Mike W. was practicing some rollers and throwing them towards the #1 teepad when this little girl runs out of the fenced in area, directly into the path of his throw/roller. The disc is coming down to begin its roll from 250' out (this guy is a CRusher), it hits the ground, bounces, and jumps over the little girl like she had an invisible shield. We couldn't believe it. O.K. acual contact: (proving that I'm in the right thread afterall lol) 2 months ago at johnny roberts I saw a guy teeoff on hole 3 and it was a big nose up newbie hyzer flying out into the fairway for 17. Thrower says nothing but I start yelling fore because I see trouble on the way. Sure enough dude on 17 takes it right to the chest, never sees it coming. I look over to the kid on the teepad and explain that you have to warn people if you think its coming close to them. He shrugs his shoulders like I'm speaking mandarin, and this chick in his group (think former groupie for Motley Crue) that hes playing with says "well you said fore so thats good enough" I shiat you not. No concern for the dude who got hit at all. Turns out he was OK, but it looked painful. I should really stop now in case this is somehow fueling the disc vs. flesh phenomena. Non-linear, life on mars, crazy world that it is....

Got hit right in the face. Right where your lips and cheek meet. Had just played 17 and was walking back toward 18 teepad. Was about 160'-180' from 17 tee pad, way off to the right and that's when it happened. Luckily the guy didn't have the arm strength to do any damage. Walked away with soreness only. Got really lucky it didn't hit me in the eye.

Got hit right in the ear. A buddy of mine, brand new to disc golf, had such an erratic throw that it bounced off one of the trees maybe 10 yards in from of him. The disc ricocheted off the tree and skimmed the top of my right ear. Felt like someone flicked it really hard. Other than that just got a bit red and hot. Thank God it was not worse.

Playing a course with a fairly poor setup, holes going back and forth right along each other with a few Mando's to try and avoid errant throws. Well, as I was driving off of 8 another player was driving off of 7... They definitely missed the Mando, and I heard "fore" with just enough time to look up and...

173786_g.jpg

Do yourself a favor, when you hear "fore" ... Duck. = P

When I hear "Fore" I cover my head with my arms, and duck, till I heard something hit the ground.

I have been hit in the back of the leg by my friend , and another time, I was putting with a group, and a girl him me in the butt with her putter.

My daughter got me with an all out drive with a valk right in the head.seriously dropped me to the ground.shes only 11 but dude she can throw.

Once in the lower lip by my friend who was putting with a firebird. Couldn't really talk for a few days. Another time right in the chest by some midrange. Knocked the wind out of me pretty good.

Once in the lower lip by my friend who was putting with a firebird. Couldn't really talk for a few days. Another time right in the chest by some midrange. Knocked the wind out of me pretty good.

Why in the world was he putting with a Firebird? :\

I have been hit plenty of times, sometimes I'm cool about it, sometimes if it was a blind shot I try to hit them back with it, and sometimes I just zing it out into the middle of the swamp and tell them to Yell fore next time. I am pretty irate about that sort of jackassery.

I hit a 12 year old girl who was waiting for her tennis lesson to begin. It skipped off the pavement behind the basket and hit her in the ankle. Her mom was like, "Oh, she's fine, she complains all the time".

I was hit in the leg with a putter by my ex wife, nothing serious.

I did drill the side of a car once. It kept getting lower and lower as it approached the parking lot, and I almost thought it would just skip under the car. However, it skipped up just enough to slam into the door. Wouldn't have been so bad, but the owner of the car was sitting in the driver's seat reading a book.

Needless to say, but I scared the piss out of her.