• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] bee line

good info money and penguin. looking for something like this, and love supporting smaller companies.

threw a squirrel for a while, gold line org, which felt kind of cheesy but its really resilient.
squirrels can really glide. they were touchy once i really developed an arm but they would glide for days.

id like to find out what the rim size is on the bee line, not on inbounds or listed on abc site.

http://www.discgolfsweden.se/discar/discar_sokdisc_eng.aspx?DiscId=3149

I received an orange 173 Bee Line today in my Secret Santa package. I went to www.abcdiscs.net to learn more about it and it is not even listed there among there discs. The only mention of it on their site is that it is pending PDGA approval. It was approved by PDGA 9/12/2012.

I know website content has little to do with disc quality, but it's not impressive when a disc company doesn't keep their website current with info about their most recent disc.

I'll get out and throw it in the few days and see what it does.

this thread had the most info on the bee line when i was looking for info. from what i understand, if you like the orange one, dont buy a purple. but if the orange is too OS then you might want a purple.

The beeline has me intrigued. I use a money putter for short approaches. It is nicely overstable and sits down well. The secret weapon is my go to hyzer-flip disc and the mission is the straightest mid I throw. I can definitely appreciate the efforts of a smaller company like this, and I hope more people give their discs a try.

i also used to throw the squirrel and secret weapon. both hyzer flip machines that would still turn over and glide endless.
my buddy recently traded somebody for a $ putter and the thing feels great. stiff and tacky, a little bulky even. if i were not so in love with the wizard id be trying one

more like sidewinder rr, very flippy, fast, powers down really well. wing kind of similar to an fd. on 16 at west thompson i would hyzer flip it, fly straight for 300 before it started its turn. had one for some time before 17 at buffum gulped her

losing discs at Bufumville :doh::wall::sick:

Remember when we backed to back in the lake on the big carry while practicing ? :p.

That freaking hole. We didn't even play it at the damn tourney. I liked the tourney version. I won the two shot CTP on the tourney version.

What we lose 4 that day?

i know i lost the fire bird on 9 as well as a teebird which i got back the tournament morning. then lost the players pack roc on that hole the day of.
lost the xs on 17 and my valk got partially wet both throws

My brother in law had one that I threw twice yesterday.

The first, I released it on a BIG hyzer angle as I'd heard they were flippy as heck. It never quite flattened and drifted left eventually.

The second I released on a slight hyzer angle into a headwind. It flipped to flat, drifted right, and faded gently left at the end. Beautiful flight with a very tight S curve.

I ordered one of my own to try out later that evening.

Pretty understable on a 400' golf line. Reminds me of a very fast seasoned star Beast. Flips from hyzer, goes up and over into a long forward turn and fades straight. I was putting my buddies around 30' past my Beasts and 10-15' past my Quasars. It's a tailwind bomber for sure.

i also used to throw the squirrel and secret weapon. both hyzer flip machines that would still turn over and glide endless.
my buddy recently traded somebody for a $ putter and the thing feels great. stiff and tacky, a little bulky even. if i were not so in love with the wizard id be trying one

I've got a Squirrel and a Secret Weapon in the bag right now. I am still not sure how much I like SW (having trouble getting the hang of it), but I've carried a Squirrel for at least a year now.

I've got a Squirrel and a Secret Weapon in the bag right now. I am still not sure how much I like SW (having trouble getting the hang of it), but I've carried a Squirrel for at least a year now.

Brother in law has both of those too. He loves him some understable plastic. :) I picked up a Flying Squirrel for some tighter wooded courses while my FH still sucks. :)

I had a Secret Weapon for awhile by ABC Discs & it was very flippy. I also tried my friends Money putter & it was actually not bad at all, I really liked how it felt in my hand.

I had a Secret Weapon for awhile by ABC Discs & it was very flippy. I also tried my friends Money putter & it was actually not bad at all, I really liked how it felt in my hand.

I really liked the plastic of the Money, but it was WAY too deep to be comfortable for me. It flew great off the tee though.

To me, the most comparable disc would be a vulcan, unlace, or whatever really understable disc you want to add. The Bee Line is just really really understable. No use for anybody with a bigger arm but I can see how it would be really useful for the slower arm speeds and people that dont throw very far.

To me, the most comparable disc would be a vulcan, unlace, or whatever really understable disc you want to add. The Bee Line is just really really understable. No use for anybody with a bigger arm but I can see how it would be really useful for the slower arm speeds and people that dont throw very far.

When did you throw it and what color was it? The older runs were super flippy but Dan retooled them and they're a lot more stable now. The flight pattern is still not my cup of tea, but they definitely take some torque to flip now.

Latest posts