• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Being the Rule Nazi?

I'm not arguing that Innova did it first. You said that Gateway came up with it, and in the same post claimed that if Gateway came up with it the PDGA would have made it illegal. You're the one who seems to have a problem with it when Innova produces discs with bubbles but you're bringing up examples of other discs that used it long before blizzard was the next big thing.

I'm not arguing that Innova did it first. You said that Gateway came up with it, and in the same post claimed that if Gateway came up with it the PDGA would have made it illegal. You're the one who seems to have a problem with it when Innova produces discs with bubbles but you're bringing up examples of other discs that used it long before blizzard was the next big thing.

I don't have a problem with the bubbles.....just the fact these discs add so much distance....which is why I equate them to illegal drivers in traditional golf.

That's the thing though, they don't add any distance over base plastic discs in the same weight and mold. They just add durability. DX, D, Pro and X models of high speed drivers were all the rage in distance competitions because they came in lower weights, they just didn't show up on the course as much because a couple tree hits made them unusable. Now you can get that same low weight in a more durable plastic so people are buying tons of it. You really have that much of an issue with someone throwing one blizzard boss instead of a few r-pro bosses for those wide open distance shots?

I would throw one....not allowed to use Blizzard

Although.....I wouldn't use it on every drive like many people I see.

Had Gateway made these discs first the PDGA would have found a reason to prevent their use...and BTW Gateway was the first to come up with the Air bubble method of reducing weight while retaining flight characteristics.

c'mon now. which is it? you would throw them... or its cheating because the disc is on steroids?

That's the thing though, they don't add any distance over base plastic discs in the same weight and mold. They just add durability. DX, D, Pro and X models of high speed drivers were all the rage in distance competitions because they came in lower weights, they just didn't show up on the course as much because a couple tree hits made them unusable. Now you can get that same low weight in a more durable plastic so people are buying tons of it. You really have that much of an issue with someone throwing one blizzard boss instead of a few r-pro bosses for those wide open distance shots?

I may be wrong but most of the light weight discs in the past did not have the same HSS as the Blizzards....

I just find it funny that guys that use to be 50ft behind me on average can now out-drive me because of a Super low-weight disc that has the same stability as one 40gs heavier.

Like lipstick on a pig in most cases though....

c'mon now. which is it? you would throw them... or its cheating because the disc is on steroids?

I would throw them if legal......doesn't mean i believe they should be legal..

But then again I have been talked into supporting limited PDGA approved molds for tournaments.....

sounds like a case of noodleitis. haha, no I'm just joking. but seriously, if they are outdriving you, then you need to change something.

Sounds more like jealousy.

Maybe.....I don't really feel like I need 100ft more D on 99% of holes

Just funny when a guy goes from throwing 320ft to 400+...and gains a huge advantage on players that already threw 400ft....not because of improving his form...but because he bought a new disc.

In the long run the just makes even more courses obsolete...and we already have limited resources.

Maybe.....I don't really feel like I need 100ft more D on 99% of holes

Just funny when a guy goes from throwing 320ft to 400+...and gains a huge advantage on players that already threw 400ft....not because of improving his form...but because he bought a new disc.

In the long run the just makes even more courses obsolete...and we already have limited resources.

sooooooo...

my first three discs were a elitex buzzz, a ssmagic, and a nukess. now I have to throw only those discs fir my whole life? I can't buy any new discs that could help me throw farther?

Is this still a rule nazi thread?

Nice attempt at getting back on track.

I have no problem calling people on rules. If they get mad it is their fault. At the same time I am not going to go out of my way to piss someone off. Delivery of the rules to a player is just as important as letting them know that they are breaking the rules. Especially now that several rules can grant a warning with no second from another palyer in the group.

sooooooo...

my first three discs were a elitex buzzz, a ssmagic, and a nukess. now I have to throw only those discs fir my whole life? I can't buy any new discs that could help me throw farther?

Buy whatever you want......doesn't mean it should be allowed in tournaments,,ie Gateway Ninja

A 1000cc driver helps me hit 300 yards vs 250.....doesn't mean I could use it on the tour.

Latest posts