• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Ace Witnessed (Yourself or Others)

Best Ace Witnessed (Yourself or Others)

• Total voters
Was at dubs yesterday and a guy on my card hit back to back aces...BUT wasn't in the ace pot :( friends of ours who were on the hole in front of us walked over and flipped his disc over in the basket after the second ace and dropped $2 in it with a note that said "next time buy into the ace pot"

that is a :gross: to see the aces back to back then another to not be in the pot :doh::doh::wall:

Not the longest but since it happened yesterday and the story behind it, it is definitely one of the best I've witnessed. We were walking up to the tee for #4 at Will Rogers and my double's partner said that we needed an ace to get caught up with our competitors. One of our competitors turns around and said that he "was due for another one" as it had been only eight days since his last ace. He steps up to the pad and proceeds to throw a laser down the 260' hole that has a mando--> 20' in front of the basket. The disc misses the mando-tree by about a foot (making the mando) and starts to fade just in time to cross over the nubs and hit center pole and settle in the tray. There was no yelling or celebrating or real excitement from anyone. It was kind of eery that by our reaction that no one really expected anything different. This ace was the third of the year for this guy. The first happened on the 14th, the second on the 18th and the third on the 26th. So, I guess his forth of the year will happen on February 11th. Unfortunately for him and his partner, my partner and I still caught up and eventually won by two.

A 180ft thumber over some trees in front of the basket at least 60 ft high.

30743594.jpg

Only seen 2 aces. first one was #13 at camp sekani.He threw a meteor, annyed right into the basket. 234 ft

second was at the same course but on hole #14. 347 ft

Most deflections on way to Ace: 4 Bruce Novak #2867, Kaposia Park #1, S. St. Paul, MN, Sept 1996. Disc skipped off tree limb mid-fairway, skidded along ground 15 ft short of basket, skipped up off root, deflected off tree trunk and into basket to win sudden death playoff against my team in MN doubles series event.

For other interesting ace and disc golf records, check this out. (It's way out of date)
http://www.frivolist.com/records.htm

Brian Cook aced #9 at Downriver in Spokane. LHFH skip ace with a destroyer. This site says its 480 ft.

I play that hole multiple times a week and have a difficult time imagining the flight path of that disc. My best guess is it was a huge anny on the left side route that finished and skipped pretty straight into the chains?

I can imagine a rhfh or a lhbh ace, but a lhfh or a rhbh is a lot more difficult to picture in my mind on that hole.

John Fowler- Hole 10 (I think that's what it was back then, I believe course has been renumbered) at Brandywine Creek State Park, somewhere in the vicinity of 475 feet, 1996 or 1997.

We were below the pin waiting to tee on the Beauty- saw the disc come in and nestle in the chains- you couldn't see the tee from down there.

longest would be #10 at Deerwood Park from the short pad across a field known for strange wind phenomenon, marked as 320 but plays a bit longer, with a star boss.

best would be #14 at Tourist park, which is maybe 275, flat, and plays slightly left to right; my buddy Doug has a gnarly forehand drive and proceeds to drill his for ace. I do not generally drive forehand but we were having a crazy round so I say something dumb like "well I better flick this for an ace too", pull out my halo and boom. My first and only ace from a forehand shot, and the only same-hole-same-round aces I've seen.

Most deflections on way to Ace: 4 Bruce Novak #2867, Kaposia Park #1, S. St. Paul, MN, Sept 1996. Disc skipped off tree limb mid-fairway, skidded along ground 15 ft short of basket, skipped up off root, deflected off tree trunk and into basket to win sudden death playoff against my team in MN doubles series event.

For other interesting ace and disc golf records, check this out. (It's way out of date)
http://www.frivolist.com/records.htm

I've made and seen ricochet aces before, but this is ridiculous! what a way to lose a playoff.

Just saw my doubles partner hit a 390ft ace on hole 3 of Woodland Valley - Black Bear at the Klondike Doubles this weekend. Won him $105 and got us that sweet 1 on the scorecard.

Best ace I've witnessed is selfishly my very first ace. Great flexing shot through the trees with a Buzzz and then bang!

Had a couple around 350'. The thumber-Ace I had on a 175' topped 'em all tho!

I've only witnessed one - 300' forehand on hole 2 at West Lake in Winona. Everybody cheered the guy. Didn't know him, or what he threw, but I'm guessing it was a high speed driver.

ive only seen a handful so far, mine and 3 others. nicest I hate to say but probably was my first and only. short hole, 201' on hole 1 at sedgley woods from blue(am) tees. rhbh anhyzer shot that just went left out of my hand and curled slowly straight back at the basket, hit dead center. it was such a pretty shot. I didn't know what to do when it finally sat in the basket lol

furthest was 267' on hole 9 at sedgley again. rhbh shot by someone I shoot with here and there. the basket sits behind this big dead standing tree. cant see it from the tee pad. he shot to the right of the fairway, dead line drive. started its hyzer back and you just heard chains but saw nothing come out the other side of the tree. the anticipation was terrible, the remaining people just chucked their discs so we could run up and see where it was. he didn't think it stuck cause it happened twice before and he came up only to see it resting on the back side of the tree. that time it stuck :D

A few years ago I hit a 364' uphill ace on hole #15 from the pro tee at Tendick Park with a Champion Orc. I threw backhand & it skipped in.

Tendick Nature Park
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1900&mode=ci

Back into the trees, or was it out on the right? If it was tucked in, that's a crazy good shot. Either had to dodge the trees on a straight line, or hyzer like crazy to get that big of skip in there...

I've only seen a few. The longest was one of mine. Edora Park #1. Short position. Sign says 270' but it plays uphill slightly... closer to 285'. Hit it with a VIP Warship.

I had a 270ft tumber ace yesterday that I thought was pretty crazy. It was falling almost straight down and I have no idea how it managed to miss the top ring and make it's way into the basket.