• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Putter

Best putter

• Aviar

Votes: 57 20.8%
  • Rhyno

Votes: 22 8.0%
  • Magnet

Votes: 16 5.8%
  • Banger

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • Challenger

Votes: 20 7.3%
  • Wizard

Votes: 61 22.3%
  • Magic

Votes: 15 5.5%
  • Voodoo

Votes: 30 10.9%
  • Juju

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Other

Votes: 44 16.1%

• Total voters

Pete Kwaz

Birdie Member
I know that this is going to generate a lot of feedback as putters are a very "personal" disc to most players and what works for one doesn't work for another. Either way. Lets do it. What is the best putter out there.

I vote wizard. For me its balanced just right to where its slightly overstable but you can still putt it straight from a good distance away. It drive well and is very accurate.

Voodoo. Not understable, not overstable, right down the middle stable. Very controllable for drives and appoaches, with little fade. And as a true putter, will hyzer finish right at the very end of flight.

looks like gateway is dominating thus far, as i choose the magic.

that disc is my go to putter for in the circle stuff. super straight, super soft and i love the lip/edge on it. almost like a birdie but not crap :D

This really isnt fair because i havent found one all around awesome putter

but my votes a magic (inside 70 ft)

Best putter for what? I use my putters for way more than putting.
Here's my picks:
1. putting only- APX
2. all around shortplay- DX Aviar P'n'A
3. driving- Wizard
4. specialty shots- Polecat or Rhyno depending on the shot
5. most versatile mold- Star and DX Aviar P'n'As in various stages

From your list I voted Voodoo 'cuz I'm diggin' it right now.

From what I remember they were both domey and overstable. I also remember reading that Dave just took the avair design and retooled the edge.

Nobody do, like you can do, that voo doo, like uhh, VOODOO do! Wow the end of that sounds crappy! ;)

From what I remember they were both domey and overstable. I also remember reading that Dave just took the avair design and retooled the edge.

The plastic that Gateway uses is much more dense than DX, so even though the mold may be similar, the disc flies different. This explains it in depth.

Last edited:
I beg to differ

The challenger is very overstable, almost like a rhyno. An aviar is kind of like a Magnet IMO.

The only think close to a Wizard is the Focus

Actually, I know the Challenger and Banger-GT are about the same, and both a bit less overstable than a Rhyno to say the least, only difference is the thumbtrack and just got a couple Organic Wizards and it is very similar in flight to the Bangers I have but the Wizards seem to have more glide. Aviars I have seen are not quite in that same realm, unless they did some re-tooling, and I wouldnt be suprised if Innova did, they seem to make it a habit.

I cant vote cause, I love me some Wizards, Bangers and Blowflys and could use any one for different things.

monkey dust Monkey Dust MONKEY DUST
Put that VOODOO on em!

Straight money, stable on the fly. Why should a putter glide anyway?

Actually, I know the Challenger and Banger-GT are about the same, and both a bit less overstable than a Rhyno to say the least, only difference is the thumbtrack and just got a couple Organic Wizards and it is very similar in flight to the Bangers I have but the Wizards seem to have more glide. Aviars I have seen are not quite in that same realm, unless they did some re-tooling, and I wouldnt be suprised if Innova did, they seem to make it a habit.

I cant vote cause, I love me some Wizards, Bangers and Blowflys and could use any one for different things.

Hmmm, well I was just describing how the discs I had a chance to throw flew. I have tried those 4 at least once. The banger was the only one I threw just once. I started playing with aviars, then switched to challengers but never get into it, then found wizards and fell in love with them.

Just vote for the one you use to hit the chains with. That was kind of my thinking behind this thread. What's the best one to putt with.

Latest posts