• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

BEWARE Discgolfcenter.com

I have always had good experiences w/ discgolfcenter.com. I have placed maybe 5 orders from them with no problems (so I have never delt with their customer service). Previous to dgc.com, I ordered from gottagogottathrow.com. They were fine, I switched to dgc to save on shipping and be able to pick weight and color.

Marshall Street and prime are great - i always get a callback if there is a question on a color or weight even if its by 1 gram

also they both ship USPS priority which gets there fast no matter where you live - will beat UPS ground by a week in some places. I live 45 mins away so i always get my order the next day.

I don't think there's an online retailer out there that hasn't made a few unhappy customers over the years. Its simple nature of the process when you can't hold the product in your hand and examine it before you buy it.

I've found when something goes wrong that its just better to keep the bad plastic or sell/trade it off. Shipping costs too much to send it back. If you've had a bad experience, you can voice your displeasure by not shopping that particular store again.

Ive ordered from DGC, DGV, Prime Discs and Marshall street....All have went well, Steve at prime has had some mixups with my orders before but they weren't that bad, if they don't have a color they just send you a color close to it and give you a voucher for a new disc! He also has helped me alot with orders that Ive placed and wanted to change something or add an item (like a shirt after I get 5 discs and didn't add one)

I've had almost the exact same experience with Prime Discs, and it earned my loyalty. I buy from Prime Discs first now.

I'm not sure. I was browsing Innova's site...
"Please Note – Innova is not accepting applications for new online dealers at this time."

Thankfully there are some really great companies like DGC, Discnation, Prime, gottago blah blah etc etc etc that have good selections and prices. :)

If a company can be thrown off by people visiting their site than I would argue that their systems and practices are far from impressive. I have nothing against this store I have never bought anything from them and probably wont in the foreseeable future as i have a Disc golf store in town. But of the posts so far about 4 or so have had problems, which, from an operations point of view, is a big deal.

I should note that I don't mean to draw hard and fast conclusions about a business I know nothing about based on one thread in a Disc golf forum. I maybe should say that it is an unfavorable trend that I am seeing.

To date, I have purchased 61 discs, 2 minis, 2 t-shirts, 1 dog disc, backsaver straps, 3 DVDs, 1 golden retriever, and 1 koozie from disc golf center and have not had one single bad experience with them. I'd say that is a pretty favorable trend. :)
I'm not saying that there aren't some out there that have had a bad experience, but if you really think about how many transactions they do and how many customer service interactions that they have, I think they are doing a phenomenal job.

I've had several flawless orders from DGC. I've recommended to friends and family who have also had flawless orders. I'll keep buying from them because they have a better selection than locals, better prices than locals, and let you select the weight and color. Plus shipping is like 2 days and free. What's not to like? So what if they F up an order every now and then. Until you can throw a card with nothing but 2s on it, who are you to complain someone else isn't perfect?

For all we know, it was all the OP's fault because he goofed up typing his address into the computer or something. Sure, the customer service sounds bad (given that we've only heard one side of the story) but I wouldn't ship it again unless I figured out what the problem was with the first shipment.

I think its funny DGC is winning by a landslide in that new poll, and theres a thread right below it warning against it. I love DGC, for one.

Just out of curiosity, why was the disc returned to them? Was it DGC's fault it sat in a post office somewhere for 30 days?

That's what I'm wondering. Why was it returned and why can't they deal with USPS? I'm actually amazed that they offer free shipping. They have to have extremely thin margins. I ordered a couple of things from them and it cost something like nine bucks for them to ship it. It was a $30 order (in that ballpark IIRC). I would assume if it was something the PO screwed up they could get it resolved through them.

I've never had a problem with them but that's not to say they're perfect. Just perfect so far with me.:p And it doesn't excuse poor customer service but I certainly will order again.