• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Big Hyzer Bag- Ergo

Email

Did you get an email stating that it shipped, or did it just show up at your door ?

I didn't mean to imply anything shady was going on, I'm just curious if they have some bags.
Didn't mean to sound like I was being defensive. I really am just a customer like you guys. After my first impression with the bag, I do wish I had some inside information. You guys are going to be impressed.

Hey tbird, if you're still up, can you experiment with putting the tongue down inside the bag and seeing what it does to capacity/post a pic? If so, you're the man. If not...still good in my book. :)
This is tricky. The bottom of the main compartment forms the top of the inside front pocket (the one with my accessories). The bottom slot rests against it so it really only takes the tongue storage out of the equation in terms of space loss. 19 in that is, to me, capacity. I could wedge another disc or two in there, but it would make it difficult to remove a disc. I will try to get pics some time today.

Does it sit well on a camp time stool? I use my chair as a bag stand frequently.
It sits fine on a CampTime. I actually tried to make a video (terrible public speaker) before I started posting last night, and I used a CampTime to do it. I plan on taking my CampTime with me on my trip for the same purpose.

I am still curious as to how the larger front pocket (the inner pocket that Sarah Hokom says she keeps rain gear in in her video) and the lower part of the main compartment. She has some horizontal and still mentions the "huge pocket" on the front... How I interpret your comment about that is that if you put discs lined up horizontally in the main compartment, you lose that big pocket on the front... am I correct?

Sorry to dwell on one area of the bag, this area is important to me...

I am still curious as to how the larger front pocket (the inner pocket that Sarah Hokom says she keeps rain gear in in her video) and the lower part of the main compartment. She has some horizontal and still mentions the "huge pocket" on the front... How I interpret your comment about that is that if you put discs lined up horizontally in the main compartment, you lose that big pocket on the front... am I correct?

Sorry to dwell on one area of the bag, this area is important to me...

Whether horizontal (using the bottom slot) or vertical, the discs push the bottom of the main compartment/top of the pocket in question down. Because of the slots, the vertical stack leaves the pocket with a little more space than if you just rest discs on the bottom of the main compartment (horizontal). If you were to use 5 of the 6 slots in a purely vertical stack, the pocket would hold a lot more.

Ask away. I'm happy to help.

Whether horizontal (using the bottom slot) or vertical, the discs push the bottom of the main compartment/top of the pocket in question down.

In your opinion - would adding a sub-frame in the pocket - keep the horizontal discs from pushing down and "removing" space? Or is it that overkill & completely unnecessary?

Just curious...:thmbup:

The pocket isn't a usual cube like most bags. It's wedge shaped. I don't know how much a sub-frame would help. It's hard to explain, but you'll know what I mean when you get yours. I'll be interested to see how it works if anyone tries it though.

You mentioned there is room behind the frame from the top... enough to fit a CamelBak or similar hydration system?

There is space the width of the frame. I'm going to say the frame is half-inch. With the way the bag narrows near the top, I think you could fit one on each side. The fabric that holds the frame attaches to the side of the bag and continues to the end of the aluminum at the top. A hook to hold it from the top would dig into the fabric, potentially tearing it. I'll try to film a quick video some time today and will see if I can get some decent footage of the frame. I have a knock-off Camelbak somewhere in my apartment. If I can find it, I'll include it in the video.

Thanks for sharing all this info tbird :thmbup:

Yeah, if a bladder could fit comfortably that would be pretty legit.

There is space the width of the frame. I'm going to say the frame is half-inch. With the way the bag narrows near the top, I think you could fit one on each side. The fabric that holds the frame attaches to the side of the bag and continues to the end of the aluminum at the top. A hook to hold it from the top would dig into the fabric, potentially tearing it. I'll try to film a quick video some time today and will see if I can get some decent footage of the frame. I have a knock-off Camelbak somewhere in my apartment. If I can find it, I'll include it in the video.

Sweet! Stuff the tongue down in the pouch for me if you can! If not, I will post Heavy Critters' Stones logo again. :D

Go ahead and post it, I already have the car packed. I'm sorry. I didn't see your post until just now. I promise I'll get one on here tomorrow night.

I did get to play a rainy round at Osage Grove today with kutz167. Besides being a damn nice guy, the kid has a cannon. As for the Ergo, it performed admirably. I did have a couple fall overs on hills, but I'm not used to how the bag sits so that's more my fault than the bag's.

The rainfly is nice, but I did have some trouble getting discs out with the elastic strap that attaches the rainfly to the bag. I am not a fan of rain and usually avoid it at all costs. Had I examined the rainfly a little more thoroughly yesterday (never thought I'd use it), I probably wouldn't have had a problem with it tonight. The hood was actually pretty nice and easily utilized, but I'm still curious as to why they included it. When you're not wearing your bag, your head gets soaked. I did like that the fly "potentially" kept water from getting between your back and the bag, but your back gets just as wet as your head.

Despite carrying a lot more plastic than I did in my Squirrel Monkey, I felt a lot less tired by the end of the round. I can't wait to attack those courses next week. As lofty a goal as four courses a day are, I am a lot more optimistic about it being possible now.

The tongue (yes, that's for you HeavyCritters). With the putters in the front pocket, the back pocket will stay fairly tight so I'll keep minis in there if I'm in shorts without pockets. There's also a dog tag from the 60s I found at Idlewild between holes one and six and a lucky coin from the Orpheum Mardi Gras parade a friend who's no longer with us gave me.
69cd1626-0bd7-492e-a5f2-f91e43704176_zpsab2b78b4.jpg

:hfive:

Go ahead and post it, I already have the car packed. I'm sorry. I didn't see your post until just now. I promise I'll get one on here tomorrow night.

I did get to play a rainy round at Osage Grove today with kutz167. Besides being a damn nice guy, the kid has a cannon. As for the Ergo, it performed admirably. I did have a couple fall overs on hills, but I'm not used to how the bag sits so that's more my fault than the bag's.

The rainfly is nice, but I did have some trouble getting discs out with the elastic strap that attaches the rainfly to the bag. I am not a fan of rain and usually avoid it at all costs. Had I examined the rainfly a little more thoroughly yesterday (never thought I'd use it), I probably wouldn't have had a problem with it tonight. The hood was actually pretty nice and easily utilized, but I'm still curious as to why they included it. When you're not wearing your bag, your head gets soaked. I did like that the fly "potentially" kept water from getting between your back and the bag, but your back gets just as wet as your head.

Despite carrying a lot more plastic than I did in my Squirrel Monkey, I felt a lot less tired by the end of the round. I can't wait to attack those courses next week. As lofty a goal as four courses a day are, I am a lot more optimistic about it being possible now.

Ha ha, no worries man. Glad you were out enjoying the bag! I'm also happy to hear it is light and comfortable. The hillside tipping has me a little concerned, but I know it took me a little while to figure out how to set my Grip correctly so I didn't have this issue. Plus, a lot of times I just leave my bag at the bottom of the hill and take one disc up anyway.

Can't wait to hear more reviews of these!

Wish I had the money I have now at the time when preorders were going on. Now ill have to wait till they have normal stock.

Wish I had the money I have now at the time when preorders were going on. Now ill have to wait till they have normal stock.

I am sure you will be able to find one on here. Some people may end up not enjoying the bag as much as they thought they would.

I for one have the Ergo pre-ordered and am waiting on another manufacture to announce their new bag and I may go with that one. So, I may have one for sale whenever I finally get it.

I am sure you will be able to find one on here. Some people may end up not enjoying the bag as much as they thought they would.

I for one have the Ergo pre-ordered and am waiting on another manufacture to announce their new bag and I may go with that one. So, I may have one for sale whenever I finally get it.

Yeah, I know that Grip is coming out with a new design sometime this year. I want to wait to see what they come out with before I make a $200 dg bag purchase. :)

Ha ha, no worries man. Glad you were out enjoying the bag! I'm also happy to hear it is light and comfortable. The hillside tipping has me a little concerned, but I know it took me a little while to figure out how to set my Grip correctly so I didn't have this issue. Plus, a lot of times I just leave my bag at the bottom of the hill and take one disc up anyway.

Can't wait to hear more reviews of these!

I'm a little behind on my promise, but here's a pic of mine with the tongue tucked into the bag. The parking lot is Va-Du-Mar. I played all day with this setup and enjoyed it quite a bit. I think that's how I'll use it tomorrow too. The tipping issue is avoided by pointing the front uphill.

2f8e4265-523b-428b-b601-887895e064e3_zps2f1a66de.jpg

Put in 4 rounds today. Va-Du-Mar, Timmons, Grand Central, and Stoney Hill. It was a long, crazy day (played 8am - 8pm), and the bag was a great asset all day.

Latest posts