• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brainwave-Like Disc Dyeing

I am not sure that this is how Jeff was doing it but it works very well so far.

Man, I am gonna look pretty stupid if this washes off in the morning... lol Oh well.... fingers crossed....

This one is in a red/yellow/green marble dye s/c bed as we speak. Gonna pull it in the morning.....

Attachments

• 0204132159.jpg
    0204132159.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 183
I knew you couldn't wait to post those.

Hahahhah, I knew I wasn't the only one he said "don't tell" too :|

Also, i wonder if the stamp will be unphased like all Jeff's work was? That's one thing among many I loved about the true brainwave.

Last edited:
Hahahhah, I knew I wasn't the only one he said "don't tell" too :|
Also, i wonder if the stamp will be unphased like all Jeff's work was? That's one thing among many I loved about the true brainwave.

We will see. Who knows? Like I said, even if this works, it may be a different process and it might not have the same results as far as the stamp goes. Heck, it may all wipe off tomorrow morning and I have to get back on here and eat my hat. ;)

I am not a dyer (yet), but I've been reading this thread with much interest.

The comment about hair gel and grape smell struck a chord with my memories, maybe someone can check it out....

Back in the 80s when I had gelled hair (don't ask), we used this really, really, goopy stuff called "aussie" with a kangaroo on the label. I remember it having a very strong grape smell. If someone is experimenting with gels, it may be worth trying to find that brand....

Slightly mixed results although I am not disappointed. The Fugitive held the brainwave dye pattern nicely. I should have left it in the s/c marble longer, but I was too impatient.

The Pain as I said before had a low dye/gel ratio and it has "ghost-like" brainwaves. They stayed but it's about a 25% gradient.

The Volt with the sweet purple dye gave an odd look. It didn't hold all the dye. I am thinking I need to let these cure much longer to get the best effects. The volt had also been dyed 3 times previously, not sure if that plays a role in it at all or not?

While not fully there yet, we are a big step closer I think.

What do you guys think?

Attachments

• 0205130725.jpg
    0205130725.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 236
  • 0205130726.jpg
    0205130726.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 206
  • 0205130727.jpg
    0205130727.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 212
Yeah, I would just keep sending everything to him. I still will once he gets out.... :)

^ I hate to say this, but did you guys see dan howards latest dyes. His brainwaves are spot on, and there are some new colors on his discs.

looks like we are missing a few things. grrrrr

^ I hate to say this, but did you guys see dan howards latest dyes. His brainwaves are spot on, and there are some new colors on his discs.

looks like we are missing a few things. grrrrr

Yeah, we're not there, but we are learning. Dan vs Us is not a fair comparison anyway you slice it. That's Obi Wan Howard you speak of........:D

Wowzers! Well done bamm! Im'ma try something today, I ended up with a day off due to electric issues at home.

Last edited:
I'm gonna take another shot at it tonight, gonna let this one sit for a couple days. I am also going to up the ratio of dye to gel though.....

Bamm that fugitive is suhweet.