• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Can you shoot 'Par' on your home course?

Can you shoot "Par" on your home course?

• Total voters
at this point i cant shoot par every single time but i can get it 1 out of 3. thats pro par

if we're talking about course par i would shoot it 9 outta 10 probably cause thers a few sign par 4 and 5s that i can get 2s on regularly

"Home Course": Sugaw Park, Charlotte NC. Par 54 SSA 49

My current singles league average: 48

Best round: 44 multiple times

I'm usually right around par, not the course par tho that's just pathetically easy :p, with all par threes I'm usually even to +3 or 4

I can come pretty close, but everything is a par 3 including a 600 ft. hole which I almost always take a four.

Quail Ridge in wentzville, MO. best is 47 from the reds (we call tampads), 57 from whites and 64 from blues. All are considered par 54

I have never shot par at my home course. Veterans Park Arlington, TX I have come close I have shot 1 over but the first hole and the 7th always get me.

I've done it once! My local course is Richmond Hill http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/video.php?do=viewdetails&videoid=134. OK this place is brutal! I've been playing this course since it opened & I've shot at or under par one time (52) & it was pretty much the best round I'd ever shot, in my life. Most of the holes were in the 'short'. I was hitting all my putts. It was spooky! I kept waiting for a missed putt or a tree hit but it never came.

**Now I love playing ANYWHERE but my local course! Strange huh? I am usually under par a LOT! But not at my local course. It's take your lumps & ask for more! All you guys who get to shoot under par at your local course...I loathe you;)

Last edited:
I'm happy to say that I shot an even par on my home course (Page Park - Bistol, CT) for the first time ever last night. I have only been playing a little over a year now and I'm still very inconsistent. The biggest factor for my improvement this year was limiting myself to 6-8 molds (nothing faster than a Valkarie) and learning them well. Another big improvement was letting go of the thought that I had to throw a driver off the tee. I've been really focused on controlled/ deliberate shots off the tee and find myself throwing mids and putters more often to accomplish this.

I don't have a home course yet. Shot 77 on a 50something course yesterday.

Hey Doupie, Ima show you my dog one day. Don't worry. It's really a dog.

Home course is Deer Lakes. Yes from the red, not yet from the whites. Played a round with J. Gary, the designer, last week. He was -4 from the whites. I was +10.:(

after choosing "no" in the poll, i looked in my scorebook and saw that i scored even one time at my home course

usually i am between 2 and 6 up, depending on which part of my game is falling apart that day

I think my records for my home course, Arboretum, is something like -14 from the shorts and -9 from the longs, counting everything as par 3's. That's from the original pin positions. With the new pin positions I think its something around -9 or -10 from the shorts, and -3 from the longs, again everything as par 3.

I think the only course I've played where I feel like getting par can be a challenge is Moraine State Park Gold tees. Deis Hill blue tees and Portage Lakes longs can go south real quick if I'm throwing bad that day, but overall they aren't too difficult to manage if you're careful with your shots. Those two courses I usually expect to be a couple under par, but I do play them much more than Moraine.

The fact that 91% can shoot par at their home course indicates to me that disc golf courses are too easy. You wouldn't see such a high percentage with traditional golf.

You mean disc golf "sign par" is too easy, not to mention too inconsistent, and is often based on no credible standard other than what the "designer" (who may be a 17 year old kid or a parks department official with no design credentials for all you know) wanted. Per the OP:

So let me narrow the question to "Can you shoot 'Par' on your home course?" Home course being the one you play the most. By par, I mean the par the Course Designer has said is par. If the CD says a 100' wide open hole is a par 5, then it is a par 5.

Which is why I checked yes. The main kiosk says all holes are Par 3 for pros and Par 4 for casual players. I've beaten the former a few scant times, but I crush the latter every day. And I suck.

My best at City Park, NO, LA is +2 which I just got last week. And my best from lafrenire is a -2. But that was when I was playing 6+ rounds a week and I was first and last tee 2 days a week. I'm very happy if I get close to par, but my putting is gettin worked out. No more looking down at the disc before I putt. Lol