• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Can you spot whats wrong with this picture...

So when was the Ace Race disc approved & when was this tourney? Can you use Actual Ace Race discs after they have been approved or do you need to buy a stock run?

edit: shirt looks cool

Once the mold is approved, all of the previously made discs of that mold are approved.

If your worried about what others are throwing, your game probably sucks.

I know my game sucks...but I purposefully did NOT take this disc to follow the rules and others in HIS club would know that. It didnt effect me, or the outcome, its simply principal...that so hard to understand?

Maybe as an advanced player who knows what's going on you could give the rec player some advice on the technicalities of the rules rather than whingeing in a thread on a site he may never see.

how am I whinging??? He is an advanced player too! I only posted it to see if others thought the same and last I heard, RULES ARE RULES. This has been a fun and interesting thread, then you get this...just wow.

Yes the disc is now allowed, yes it didnt effect my score, my placing, anything...its just a matter of principal...sheesh. There is no need for replies like that. I would not bring it to his attention due to the fact a LOT of people over here seem to think like you, and even merely making note of it seems to be a massive issue, depsite the fact that IF someone in his group called him on it, it WOULD have been a 2 stroke penalty...whether u agree with it or not.

Love the disc, wanted to play with it myself, but followed the rules...plain and simple.

It has been years since I played in an Ace race event, but when I did, all competitors played with the same disc. No other discs allowed, so what would the difference be?
Interesting that another thread here asks why is my league stuggling to bring in new players. I think this is the problem. I play many games/sports and all have rules. I think the best players are the ones who can filter on rules to benefit the players, game, event.... Education vs enforcement. I am not saying you handled the situation wrong Nate, but if we take the game so seriously, we will continue to alienate younger players. Just my take.

In a casual round, throw what ever you want. Approved, not approved, heck, throw a garbage can lid if you want to! But in a tournament, there has to be structure and rules or else you have choas. Is it a big deal that someone used a disc that was going to be approved in a couple of weeks anyway? Not really, but it still violates the rules, and could be construed as cheating. Would I stroke the dude if he was in my group? Probably not, but I would ask that he not use the disc for the rest of the tournament. If the rest of the group wanted to stroke him, then thats the way it has to be. Someone playing in an A tier event at the Advanced level should know better anyway.

This wasn't AT an ace race event, our a league event or a standard tournament.....it was at our national championships. Anywhere else, who cares.

people dont really care about the rules any time i mention a rule i am nit picking and get ridiculed so i just let the foot faults fly and everything else

Someone once tried to call me out for using an x-out disc....that was quickly fixed lol. As I have said, my biggest gripe is the fact I love the disc, I use the disc and a few of us were hoping (but knew it would be after) it would be approved in time.

It wasn't, we never packed them and used approved discs. Rules suck at times...but there are there for a reason. Heck a lost disc on what was other wise an awesome throw (cut a corner on a par 5 but did it with a green disc into a swamp lol) cost me a shot and a bad rethrow.....but thems the rules, couldn't find it even though I knew where it had landed and time expired.

I also received a 2 stroke penalty in round 1 as we skipped a hole....I had the scorecard, it had tee markers....so even as the only guy never to have played/seen the course, I took my penalty like man (ie I only bitched for like 5 minutes)

This wasn't AT an ace race event, our a league event or a standard tournament.....it was at our national championships. Anywhere else, who cares.

If it's a sanctioned event, you should care. Why does it matter whether it's the national championships or a C-Tier? As you said, rules are rules.

well yes, but just trying to emphasise it wasnt a plain old event...ot was the biggest ever down this way :-D but yes, I should care...

In a casual round, throw what ever you want. Approved, not approved, heck, throw a garbage can lid if you want to! But in a tournament, there has to be structure and rules or else you have choas. Is it a big deal that someone used a disc that was going to be approved in a couple of weeks anyway? Not really, but it still violates the rules, and could be construed as cheating. Would I stroke the dude if he was in my group? Probably not, but I would ask that he not use the disc for the rest of the tournament. If the rest of the group wanted to stroke him, then thats the way it has to be. Someone playing in an A tier event at the Advanced level should know better anyway.
I agree with everything except I would stroke the player using the illegal disc during a sanctioned round. If they whine about it tough sh*t.

Follow. The. Rules.

Follow. The. Rules.

:thmbup:

If you don't follow the rules, anything you "win" is stolen, though I might even dispute the use of "win" in the context.

Are you sure the guy wasn't just ignorant of the fact that the disc wasn't yet approved? Did anyone mention it to him before the tournament started? He might have appreciated being told.

edit: someone should also give him a fashion lesson. :p

I hated having to take the unnamed "zombee" out of my bag. I loved it during the ace race, and played a few rounds with it to test it out. Then i went to a mini and heard a few people complain about seeing people use them. I decided to just bite the bullet (i think most of it was the fact they couldnt get one since they didnt play in the ace races) and put it up til approval. Well i have brought it back from the dead and back into the bag. Yea i made that pun. time to get ridiculed

I hated having to take the unnamed "zombee" out of my bag. I loved it during the ace race, and played a few rounds with it to test it out. Then i went to a mini and heard a few people complain about seeing people use them. I decided to just bite the bullet (i think most of it was the fact they couldnt get one since they didnt play in the ace races) and put it up til approval. Well i have brought it back from the dead and back into the bag. Yea i made that pun. time to get ridiculed

Necromancy humor. No ridicule from me!:thmbup:

I agree with everything except I would stroke the player using the illegal disc during a sanctioned round. If they whine about it tough sh*t.

Follow. The. Rules.

Spoken like a true pro! But yeah, if there is money on the line-stroke away!

Edit: Congrats on *Ace Member*, just noticed:clap:

Last edited:

Latest posts