• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Changing things up for 2015

timg

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
So I'm thinking of either making travel tags a one time thing, no new ones every year. Just buy one and you're in the game OR renaming them to "Battle Tags" which is something that came up back when the Travel Tag idea started. With the Battle Tags it would work the same as it does now except you'd play for the higher tag #.

Any thoughts? Either way, I'm doing away with the annual thing so that there are more people to either swap with or play.

Hmm...don't know about battle tags. :\

The one-and-done tag idea seems more in keeping with the current spirit. :thmbup:

My first travel tag meetup ended up being battle tag, and while all my leagues are that way, I like the travel tag to just be "swap-as-many-times-as-you-can." One and done sounds great to me (since I do it every year anyway!)

Sounds good to me, makes my life easier leaving it as a travel tag :)

Sounds interesting?! Kind of an updated list of who has what tag number? And number of "battles" or rounds throughout the year?

Travel tagz 4 lyfe.

.... right after I get my set of bag tags :eek: ;)

Why not a one-time travel tag and yearly battle tags?
Too expensive, nobody will really go for that. I'm just going to do the one-time travel tags next year. It'll be pretty cool when a lot of people end up having one.

I think not doing it yearly is a great idea. I'd probably spring for one if it didn't have a limited shelf life. Up to now I just didn't think it was worth grabbing one when I only play with a handful of DGCR members a year at best.

I like it the one time travel tag. I was about to buy one for this year. If I bought the one for this year it would be the last year of "temporary" travel tags. Almost like DGCoursereview memorabilia :thmbup:

Great idea. I'm in. I didn't like the idea of having to buy a new one every year.

I think a one time tag would be good. I picked one up this year, but have been sitting on it. I really missed my chance to swap it around at Pro Worlds too. There just isn't many members with tags in the Pacific NW.

Who in WI has one of these tags? I have been interested in the past and would most likely get one if they are a lifetime tag as the odds of playing someone else with a tag would be better.

Zach only see one in Madison don't know where Antigo is?
If you go to the top of page hit members then go to travel tags
you will get a map of all tags holders.

I think not doing it yearly is a great idea. I'd probably spring for one if it didn't have a limited shelf life. Up to now I just didn't think it was worth grabbing one when I only play with a handful of DGCR members a year at best.
This x1000. Given that these are going to be lifetime tags I hope you'll raise the price a little to make sure we're helping you with the costs of running this place. I'll be buying one next spring for sure!

agreed, i like it. i never bothered, thought tags were a dumb idea. didn't care about the yearly prize or whatever for the MFA tags either.

i would get one of these.