• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Courses in Michigan

nofxorbust

So i want to hit up as many new courses as possible this year and i would like to know somebodys opinion. I live in Lake Orion MI and i need to know what are the best courses to go to. I frequent Grizzly Oaks, Firefighters, and Seymour. I have played Kensington, Cass Benton, Stony, Addison, and pretty much every other course in between. So if im gonna make a trip out to a course which ones would be worth my while. Im down to make a 1.5-2 hour drive if its worth it so let me know.

I would have to say Hudson Mills Metropark for sure and Deerfield Park in Mt. Pleasant if you want to do a 2 hr drive.

Independance PK is only minutes from the 2 Hudson Mills courses, that's 66 holes all with long and short tees!

So i want to hit up as many new courses as possible this year and i would like to know somebodys opinion. I live in Lake Orion MI and i need to know what are the best courses to go to. I frequent Grizzly Oaks, Firefighters, and Seymour. I have played Kensington, Cass Benton, Stony, Addison, and pretty much every other course in between. So if im gonna make a trip out to a course which ones would be worth my while. Im down to make a 1.5-2 hour drive if its worth it so let me know.

Im not sure where Lake Orion is, but Shore Acres is in Saugatuck, right on Lake Michigan, 35/40 minutes south of Grand Rapids. The course is a year old and all the tee pads are in and the signs are all up to date with all the proper info. Come try it out.
Love the Zelda Avitar!!

Biz
Team Bert

Flip City in Shelby, MI is one of the best courses there is (supposedly; I haven't played it yet), but it might be a bit of a drive for you (4 hours maybe?) Deerfield park in Mount Pleasant is the best course I have played. My home course is Whitehall Township DGC, its decent but is probably 4 hours from you.

Hudson Mills is a must see, 2 courses on site. Be sure to bring some cash though, it's $5 to park and $2 for a daily DG pass. If you want to go south, I can guide you at either Parmalee in Lambertville or Vienna in Temperance. Both are just north of Toledo. Vienna is the 2nd oldest course in MI. Also quite a few courses in the Ann Arbor/Ypsi area.

Hudson Mills is a must see,
Yes, it is.

If you want to go south, I can guide you at either Parmalee in Lambertville or Vienna in Temperance. Both are just north of Toledo.

Played Parmalee for the first time today: think Goldenrod, but not quite as good - tighter and shorter than Goldenod, with no elevation changes. Not a bad course but only worth the drive from Lake Orion if you play the other courses near there: Vienna & Ottawa (both of which I plan to play for the first time next Sunday).

Vienna is the 2nd oldest course in MI
Didn't know that - you happen to know what the oldest is?

More than a couple of hours, but a drive out to Luddington is WELL worth it!:clap: :thmbup:

Last edited:
More than a couple of hours, but a drive out to Luddington is WELL worth it!:clap: :thmbup:

A heck of road trip for you would be Deerfield in Mt. Pleasant, Branstrom park in Fremont, Whitehall township DGC in Whitehall, Flip City in Shelby, and all of the Mason County Courses in Ludington.

A heck of road trip for you would be Deerfield in Mt. Pleasant, Branstrom park in Fremont, Whitehall township DGC in Whitehall, Flip City in Shelby, and all of the Mason County Courses in Ludington.
That's a lot of strenuous disc golfing! You'd need 3 days to do that without killing yourself, but they're all well worth the drive (except Whitehall....I'm NOT a fan).

Taking the family to Frankenmuth on Sunday for a few days.
Looking forward to playing the course at Memorial Park followed by some brewpub action.

TWO WORDS: FLIP CITY. I 've played a lot of michigan courses and Flip City is by far my favorite. If you're in the lansing area, I'd recommend Fitzgerald Park, in Grand Ledge.

Flip, flip, flip City!

Flip City: Amazing place. Maybe not the best course anywhere, but the vibes of the place are second to none.

If you're looking for an underrated, under the radar (mostly) course that will challenge you, I highly recommend Fallasburg, just outside of Grand Rapids. That course is an absolute monster!!! A must play.

Last edited:
I agree, Fallasburg is a nice course. Woods, open, long in some spots. If only it had a water hole. Oh well,still a great course. I went on sunday and there were hardly any people there, had the place to our selves. That's nice.
Biz
Team Bert

I've played 65 diferent DGc in Michigan and i'm planning another trip north next month (November) (as I'm finally going to get to see a Michigan hockey game in Yost Arena), But it's the great DGc that brings me back to the great state of Michigan every so often and was wondering what other people's opinions are of what DGc I really should try to play in the lower -mid-western side of the state. (Ann Arbor-Lansing-Mount Pleasant-Ludington- Grand Rapids-Kzoo-Battle Creek and everything in between)

I've played Flip before, and I know its mandatory to play if in the area (and will do my best), but what are some of the other gooood DGC I should try to play on this mini trip?

Is the Saint Ignace DGC open this late in the season?

Are there any DGC that are in bad neighborhoods (I realize I can find trouble anywhere anytime, but why go somewhere known for being a "bad" area when I can avoid it).

I think Victory Park in Albion is a fun course but can be treacherous with water hazards. It's one of the few courses that has yielded a round rating over 1100 (Matt Orum at Pro Worlds 2008). It's not a destination course but one you would play if traveling between Ann Arbor to Battle Creek.